• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Give one year of your life

Sirfetch’d

Ok theoretically say that there was a device that could do one thing for you. This could be anything, from curing cancer, to making you a billionaire, or giving you the power to grant wishes, but to have this done you lose one year of your life. Do you do it? Is it worth it?

EDIT:* you can't use this for eternal life

Last edited:

Emburn

<3
    Years
  • I'd lose a majority of my life for a billion dollars. I don't wanna live past 65 anyways. After that you become in pain everyday. I want to die guns blazin'.

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
    Years
  • Ok theoretically say that there was a device that could do one thing for you. This could be anything, from curing cancer, to making you a billionaire, or giving you the power to grant wishes, but to have this done you lose one year of your life. Do you do it? Is it worth it?

Yes. Though I may regret it once I get to the end of my life. If I'm old when I die, and it's not from an accident. You could die tomorrow, so if I could give a year of my life for something I want/need, then I would definitely do it.

Years
  • I'd lose a year of my life to ... discover the path to immortality! HELL YEAH RETURN ON INVESTMENT SIDEWAYS EIGHT.

Years
  • I'd definitely have it grant me eternal youth. Just have it stop my ageing from where I am now, that also implies I can't die of natural causes because my body remains healthy and fit.

Lose one year in exchange for potentially thousands? Worth every lost second.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • Nope,i prefer to live my normal life the way it meant to be..it's already full of enough surprises and who knows..maybe the year i gave up meant to be the best year of my life!! Nope..i would live my years till the last second of it and i couldn't be much happier

zl

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    I would love to live away from my homeland for a year if that counts because I love the ability to travel, but I just dont have the money to do so :(

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I would use it. In retrospect, the yearly mark of the first year I graduated from school I could have done without. It mostly had nothing involved in it and was ultimately pretty boring. Also this past year has mostly been a go to work - come home - go to work - come home type of thing, so I guess I could go without that.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Sure, why not. I dunno what it would be for, though. I'd have to figure that out.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I'd like to have a way to choose my path. Like, I'd want meself to take a path in life which I wouldn't be able to take otherwise, due to lack of position/resources. Or maybe have an alternate dimension for myself. But obviously, let's anchor back to reality.

I'm a comparatively young person, so I've got plenty of options with me.
    Especially if it means skipping school... XD

no srsly id use that wish to get me a million more wishes so i could like, rule da world etc. etc.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I would give up, the year i was in year 6... worst year of my life hands down, parents got divorced and I hated it, especially a few things one of them did (MOTHER!)

For enough money to afford a 2l bottle of pepsi this no brand 1.50 us killing me

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • TN
    • Seen Feb 9, 2018
    Become a billionaire! Then retire and live happily ever after for the rest of my one-year-shorter life.

Years
  • I'm confused again.
    Are the rules you become an automated version of yourself for a year with no memory of the year when it's over? Or do you become a vegetable unable to do anything for yourself for a year? Or do you disappear completely from existence and reappear when the year is up? Or does everyone unknowingly drop the same year out of existence.
    Because these are all factors influencing my decision.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • I can think of at least three years in the past that I could have done without, so I wouldn't have a problem cashing in a year for pretty much anything. Hell, even a nice cake would be worth it. It's not like I know how long I'll live anyway, so trading away one year - or even a few years - won't bother me at all.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2013
    Getting a billion dollars is a once in 500 thousand lifetime opportunities. I would do it

Back