• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Glaceon Team

KeitaroU7

The Ice Monarch
    Years
    Heyas! ^^ I would first like to say thank you to those who helped me revamp my last team. It really helped! ^o^ Right now, I'm working on my next team which I want to revolve around Glaceon. However, I'm having a problem with it. I can't seem to find the right combination of pokemon to even out the teams weaknesses (especially Glaceon's since it has 4). If anyone could give me advice or something, on how I should make up the team or what I should use, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance! ^o^

☼Charlie☼

要素のマスター
    Years
    I know nothing about this pokemon's stats or if it's any good but if you had a Poliwrath in your party (Water - Fighting) and gave it a good fighting and water move, it could beat rock, steel, and fire, while being neutral to fighting. Hope that helps.

fearow23

You know, that guy on T.V.
    Years
    Frosslass with hail could help, it helps avoid the fighting type and hail starts glaceon's ability. Dewgong or Walrein can also stop fire attacks.

KeitaroU7

The Ice Monarch
    Years
    I know nothing about this pokemon's stats or if it's any good but if you had a Poliwrath in your party (Water - Fighting) and gave it a good fighting and water move, it could beat rock, steel, and fire, while being neutral to fighting. Hope that helps.
    Well, Glaceon has a very high sp. atk as well as a very good def and sp. def. It's only problem is it's low atk and speed (I'm more worried about speed than anything else). A Poliwrath sounds like a great idea. I completely forgot about that pokemon. Thanks! ^^

KeitaroU7

The Ice Monarch
    Years
    Frosslass with hail could help, it helps avoid the fighting type and hail starts glaceon's ability. Dewgong or Walrein can also stop fire attacks.
    My big fear is that I don't want too many pokemon with a weakness to rock since I always seem to be battling someone with lots of rock moves...>.< But, I guess having a pokemon or two with a rock weakness won't kill me.

KeitaroU7

The Ice Monarch
    Years
    Okay, i've been trying to make a team with Froslass and Glaceon in it, but I can't seem to find what to put in the team to help even it out and not have many weaknesses. I also want to add a Polywrath into this team too. Do you have any suggestions?

fearow23

Years
    Poliwrath would be great due to the fact that it's psychic weakness can be covered by frosslass and glaceon with shadow ball. Poliwrath also has a natural moveset that can easily destroy types threatning ice types. I recommend Hypnosis, it really helped when I had Bronzong on my team.If you put leftovers on poliwrath, it'll cancel the damage received by hail so it would neutralize it. If you're afraid of a rock and steel weakness, send in mamoswine or weavile (don't switch in with weavile though). Mamoswine has decent defenses and can wreck rock, steel, and fire types with earthquake. Mamoswine can also has the same ability as Glaceon and increase its evasiveness in the snow. Weavile is quick if sent out first and although it doesn't have defense, it's faster than even staraptor and putting brick break on it would most likely KO rock and steel types with one hit.

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
    An almost-all Glaceon team? Cool XD

I don't mean to be a copy-cat, but go for Poliwrath. I think he can be found on Route 230...*doesn't know*

Anyway, the combo of fighting and water will make a great addition to your team, as pokemon of the same species and type often don't do too well against opponents with diverse teams, but Poliwrath should fill in the gap a bit. ^-^;

KeitaroU7

The Ice Monarch
    Years
    Team so far:

Weavile Lv.60
    Nature: Adament
    Item Held: Liechi Berry
    Ability: Pressure
    Moves:
    Ice Punch
    Brick Break
    Night Slash
    Swords Dance

Mamoswine Lv.60
    Item Held: Life Orb
    Ability: Oblivious (until I find one with snow cloak)
    Moves:
    Avalanche
    Ice Shard
    Earthquake
    Light Screen

Froslass Lv.60
    Nickname: Shino
    Nature: Timid
    Item Held: Focus Sash
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    Moves:
    Hail
    Ice Beam
    Shadow Ball
    Destiny Bond

Glaceon Lv.60
    Nickname: Yuki
    Nature: Modest
    Item Held: Quick Claw
    Moves:
    Ice Beam
    Shadow Ball
    Mirror Coat
    Water Pulse

KeitaroU7

The Ice Monarch
    Years
    My team so far:

Weavile Lv.60
    Moves:
    Ice Punch
    Brick Break
    Night Slash
    Swords Dance

Mamoswine Lv.60
    Moves:
    Avalanche
    Ice Shard
    Earthquake
    Light Screen

Froslass Lv.60
    Moves:
    Hail
    Ice Beam
    Shadow Ball
    Destiny Bond

Glaceon Lv.60
    Moves:
    Ice Beam
    Shadow Ball
    Mirror Coat
    Water Pulse

KeitaroU7

The Ice Monarch
    Years
    What I have so far:

Weavile Lv.60
    Moves:
    Ice Punch
    Brick Break
    Night Slash
    Swords Dance

Mamoswine Lv.60
    Moves:
    Avalanche
    Ice Shard
    Earthquake
    Light Screen

Froslass Lv.60
    Moves:
    Hail
    Ice Beam
    Shadow Ball
    Destiny Bond

Glaceon Lv.60
    Moves:
    Ice Beam
    Shadow Ball
    Mirror Coat
    Water Pulse

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2007
    Considering the fact it is more of an Ice team than a Glaceon team, put Abomasnow in to have an eternal Hail aiding your team.

He can be used as a Leech Seeder, or either physical or special attacker.

Blizzard is 100% accurate in the hail, but his physical set lets him Swords Dance and use a STAB'd Wood Hammer.
    Excellent pokemon, just hard to keep alive for a long time.

fearow23

Years
    I didn't know that Blizzard had 100% accuracy in Hail? Does sandstorm also give some benefit aswell? anyways, I'm glad you liked some of my suggestions! I researched that both Glalie and Walrein have the ability Ice Body which heals them during hail. I would personally go with Walrein due to his decent defenses and great attack and special attack. It naturally learns Blizzard so if the information above is correct it gets 100% accuracy. It also eliminates fire and rock weaknesses with water attacks (many steel types are also part rock or part ground. Maybe experiment with Waterfall instead of Surf to protect your team, especially Mamoswine). Abomasnow is good aswell, but be cautious about his fire weakness. He also has grasswhistle which can be effective in putting annoying foes to sleep. If you're looking for someone who's not ice, put leftovers on them so the hail's damage is nullified. Swampert, Quagsire and Gastrodon would be good choices because Muddy Water attacks two foes at once without hurting your teammates, has a chance of lowering foes accuracy, and their grass weakness is easily covered by your teams' devastating Ice attacks. Blastoise can also learn Muddy water by breeding. Sorry I'm typing alot, but I hope I'm helping you out. If you ever want to test your team, give me a shout and we can battle.

KeitaroU7

The Ice Monarch
    Years
    My Finsihed Ice Team

Abomasnow Lv.60
    Nature: Bold
    Item Held: Light Clay
    Ability: Snow Warning
    Moves:
    Blizzard
    Grass Knot
    Leech Seed
    Light Screen

Weavile Lv.60
    Moves:
    Ice Punch
    Brick Break
    Night Slash
    Swords Dance

Swampert Lv.60
    Nature: Naughty
    Item Held: Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    Moves:
    Ice Beam
    Brick Break
    Earthquake
    Muddy Water

Mamoswine Lv.60
    Moves:
    Avalanche
    Ice Shard
    Earthquake
    Light Screen

Froslass Lv.60
    Moves:
    Hail
    Ice Beam
    Shadow Ball
    Destiny Bond

Glaceon Lv.60
    Item Held: Custap Berry
    Moves:
    Ice Beam
    Shadow Ball
    Mirror Coat
    Water Pulse

Thanks for the help. If you wanna battle let me know. The team works perfectly! ^^

Back