• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Glaceon; Worth it or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted_Angel

Silverbane Forever
    Years
    Glaceon being one of Eevees evolutions of course.
    But is he/she really worth putting on your team?

I've been thinking about this and as far as I'm aware vaporeon can learn ice type moves, and doesn't have the weaknesses Glaceon might come up against. For example a speed Staravia with a decent attack and Close combat. Or something similar.

I'm not arguing that Glaceon is completely useless, but for a team battle wouldn't Vaporeon be much better?

I'm asking this because I'm currently training up a team of Eevees evolutions, and I don't know whether to go with Vaporeon or Glaceon, because you can't really replace any of the others because of the type variations.

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Well, if you got Hail going, Glaceon has a chance to evade any attack coming it's way. Though Vaporeon is definitely bulkier. Since you're going with an all Eevee team it seems, then I guess it just depends. If you're willing to get it to learn and use Hail, Glaceon isn't a bad choice.

Personally, I'd use Vaporeon over Glaceon.

Haunted_Angel

Silverbane Forever
    Years
    see I can see that reasoning, and I agree with vaporeon over Glaceon, although I think if I ever have to go up against dragon types Glaceon would be better, with icicle plate or nevermeltice.

Type advantage and power up and all that =P

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Maybe, but most Dragon types are 4x weak to Ice, meaning you don't really need type advantage and all that to put them out in one hit. The only ones that aren't one hit KO'd are Giratina, Kingdra, Latias, Latios, Palkia and Dialga and five of those six are legendaries. :)

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Nope! Besides the legendaries and Kingdra (who is Water/Dragon) the rest are either Ground/Dragon or Flying/Dragon. Both ground and flying x2 weak to Ice. Combined that with the Dragon weakness and they're pretty much toast after an Ice attack.

Haunted_Angel

Silverbane Forever
    Years
    Yeah. True =P
    Just trying to look at both sides of the coin xD

It's good to know these things for Battle tower and the likes :P in case I ever come up against any of those pokemon I'll know to use glaceon as opposed to vaporeon

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Ah. Battle Tower. Totally forgot about that thing. Once I beat Platinum, I just got right into my competitive battling mode. XD

Well, good luck anyways with your Eevee team. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back