• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gladiators [T]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
    (OOC: I am going to make an assumption that all the other characters with us have fallen asleep because it is so late at night.)

Dia looked at him as he started talking. His attitude was nice... But she just wasn't brave enough. Nor was she strong enough. She just couldn't do anything. But... Why would he take her back to Matt? What if he just gave her to someone else? What if he gave her back to Kevin?! She didn't want that. Not at all. She couldn't be with a trainer. Never again. Archur set one hand on her back and she sighed and left it there. Her back was in agony from everything falling on her earlier. But his hand felt comforting. She lay her head down. She jerked it back up when he shattered some ice, but lay down again and closed her eyes when he started humming this nice little song. She had never heard it before, and she kind of liked it. She felt herself falling asleep and surrendered to the nightmares that would soon arrive.

Dia awoke with a start. How long had she been asleep? An hour maybe? It was still really dark. Her rings were glowing again. It was a dull, faded glow, but a glow nonetheless. She had some power again. She tried to put the dream that had made her wake up out of her mind. It had been a really dark twisted version of her killing Darkblaze, only his face had been that of Archur. She started crying again. What was she thinking?! How could she put her trust in him? The only person she had trusted had been killed because of her. But... She couldn't just take her trust back. And he had said that she couldn't hurt him, which seemed to be true. But... What could she do? Her stomach grumbled again. She needed more food. Two berries after a week of nothing didn't last very long. And she didn't want to wake him. She focused her energy and used Double Team, projecting herself down to the ground and leaving the clone to lay on Archur. She limped over to the berry bush and pulled one down. Then she limped down to the beach. She sat out in the moonlight and listened to the waves as she ate. Maybe she should just run. Where would she go? But, she couldn't just stay here. Not after what had been happening. She couldn't do that... Not again. But... She liked Archur. And the others, they hadn't tried to hurt her, except for Caro. She finished her berry and sat out, watching the waves and feeling a little more peaceful hearing the soothing of the tide.

Garet

GhostFire
    Years
    Lights Out

The Castform nodded. "I agree. Perhaps there are oth-" She stopped and whirled around to look at the bushes.

Merlin's arm-swords sprung out as he turned his attention to them. He'd seen them rustling, as well. He shifted back into full defensive-mode, one foot stepping back to turn his body sideways in a defensive position. Nothing happened for a few moments, then the bushes rustled again. And something flew through the air and pricked the white Castform beside Merlin.

Looking at the small dart, he blinked. He'd had no experi-- Merlin felt a prick on his leg, to which he turned his eyes. Pulling it out, he discovered that it was another dart. What was goin-- His leg suddenly fell asleep, sending Merlin onto one knee as he dropped the dart. He looked back up and saw the five humans that had appeared. What are they wearing? he thought. Then, his lower half gave out, and he hit the ground before him.

In all of his experiences, Merlin had never been trained or instructed to avoid darts. He'd never even seen or heard of a human using darts to weaken a wild Pokemon. That's what a human-owned Pokemon was supposed to be for. Merlin's thought was, This is too unnatural. Not to mention that he was about to be captured by humans for the second time in his life.

One of the humans said something, but Merlin's hazy mind wasn't interpreting it. It was too busy with shutting down his consciousness.

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
    Years
    Archur rolled over in his sleep and in his subconscience, something yelled at him to wake up. When he realized he was on his stomach, he quickly got up, but nothing was undernieth him. He gave a sigh of relief and looked around. Dia was on the beach, eating it seemed. As long as no tidal wave came, she would be fine. He just rolled over again, but couldn't quite fall asleep. Dia had almost been like a warm blanket in the cool night, and he appreciated the warmth. He got off the rock, which was killing his back anyways, and walked into the water. It was warm from the days sun and it relaxed his aching back. He dove under, in search of the night sea life, which was always bright and colorful. A school of chinchou flashed their lights and swam in circles around him. When they all left, Archur went to the surface and did a lazy backstroke, looking at the moon. The moon made some of the waves a bit bigger and Archur just rolled over them. When he was good and tired again, he went back to the beach and collapsed on the warm, soft sand, falling asleep for the fourth time that day.

Nideous

Years
    Dia was startled when Archur went past her and dove in the ocean. As much as she liked it, she didn't want to go swimming. Her leg was in a lot of pain, and she could barely see straight. Soon, her new friend came back onto the beach and fell asleep again. She looked down at herself. The glow in her rings was getting a little stronger. That glow shouldn't go out unless an Umbreon is surpressing it to hide. It represents her life force and her power. The dimmer it is, the closer to death she is. Well, she had enough strength to use Psychic. Maybe she should fix her leg herself. She wouldn't be abe to walk if she did nothing. She got up and limped over to Archur and poked him in the shoulder with her nose.
    "Um... Please wake up... I... I need some help," she said quietly. He seemed to wake up and looked at her. What was she thinking? She shouldn't be asking for help! She didn't deserve it. But, even if she didn't deserve it, she still needed it. She could only set her leg right. She wouldn't be able to fix the bandages or anything like that. She realized she hadn't told him what she needed help with yet.
    "Uh... I'm... Um... I'm going to use Pstchic to put my leg back right. It will probably knock me out... Would you... Would you please take care of it after I'm done?" she finally managed to get out. Stupid selfesh little Dia. Why should he help her? She wasn't worth the effort it took. She wasn't valuable enough to take care of. She shrugged against her own thoughts. Even if he didn't help her, she needed to do this. Healing her leg after she set it as right as she could would make it heal wrong, but she'd still be able to walk on it. After all, she was still walking on her rear left leg when Kevin had broken it in three different places. She sat down and took the bandages off. She used Psychic to allow herself to feel the right way the bones should be sitting. The way the were sitting in her other leg. Then she moved them around until they were as close to that as she could get. She shrieked in pain when the bones moved and fell to the ground and started shaking. But she had done it. Her leg was now set as right as she could get it. Her eyes rolled back, and she blacked out.

zapdos926

Years
    "Oh, umm, yea, sure," Archur hadn't fully understood her question, but when she shrieked in pain and passed out, then he understood. "Oh, wow," he picked her up and cleaned the wound out again, then cleaned the cloth and wrapped it. Archur set Dia down beside him and lay down, one arm covering her body. He nuzzled her head and then just stared at the ocean. The sun was starting to come up and the water was a sparkling orange. He gave a loud sigh and rubbed his left head fin, which was just starting to sting from when Dia had made her attack. This thought lead to another, which lead to another, which made him really ask why he was helping her. He couldn't think of an answer other than he wanted to and had practically promised that he would protect her. He wouldn't break that promise either, not until they made it back to their time, and even then, only if Dia wanted him to go. He confirmed this as his answer and the nagging died immediately. Once Archur made up his mind about someone, it was very hard to change.

Nideous

Years
    Even when she had fainted from the pain, Dia could not escape the nightmares that tormented her. She woke up abruptly and looked around. She felt confused. Where was she? How had she gotten here? She blinked and realized that she hadn't gone anywhere. The difference was that the sun was up now. It's rays made the ocean look so wonderful. Dia felt like her presence sullied the almost magical view. She shrank down, almost like she didn't want to be there. Her leg was throbbing painfully. She looked down, and saw that Archur had put the bandages back on. This made her start crying again. She shook the tears out of her eyes before they fell and looked around, taking stock of her surroundings. It was still early in the morning. She was still very tired, but she knew she wouldn't get any sleep. She soon figured out that she was laying on the beach next to Archur, who had one arm laying on her. It was morning. She had to go, now. Before something came after her. Wait... She wasn't in her own time. Why did she still want to run? Kevin couldn't follow her here. She was safe from him. But... What about other humans? That Vortagin guy was the same as Kevin. She had no doubt he was searching for her. But... Where could she go? Well, she didn't want to go anywhere right now. She almost felt safe here. Even though she still had doubts, this was the safest she'd felt in a long time. And she wasn't alone anymore. She wasn't sure how long it would be like that, but for now, she had a friend. Which was a new experience for her. she let out a soft sigh and looked at the ocean some more. Something about it calmed her. She wasn't sure what it was exactly, but there was something about it.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
    ((OOC: I almost forgot about the NPCs that are supposed to help you guys. Well, me to, but more you guys than me XD))

"Don't tell me Dialga and Celebi were at it again." A head popped out of the water and two eyes gazed at the red Swampert and Umbreon on the shore. "I mean, it's just so obvious you two don't belong here otherwise you would be trying to eat each other. The only logical explanation is that you're not from this time. Am I right?" The pokemon smiled at the two. "Oh, forgive my manners, I didn't introduce myself. I'm Manaphy," the blue pokemon beamed. "You two must be wondering where you are. This isn't the first time something like this has happened. My momma told me about another incident such as this over 2,000 years ago. She never said if the pokemon got back to their own time though..." He wore a thoughtful look on his face than smiled again. "Anyways, you're still in the Johto region if that's what you're wondering, though it's probably not recognizable after being sent back - or forward, whichever it is - through time. I would help you more but that's all I know. Bye now!" Manaphy waved, did a backflip, than dove back into the depths of the ocean without even letting them say anything back.

zapdos926

Years
    The sudden appearance of the Prince of the Sea startled Archur. The little blue pokemon told them what happened to them and left. Dia, who had started moving around was also staring at the little pokemon. "That makes sense, I guess. One way in, one way out," Archur shrugged and sat up. His tail was really uncomfortably tense and sore for laying down on his back so much. He stretched it out and felt a small pop as the muscle relaxed. "I'm gonna find something to eat, do you prefer meat or berries?"

Nideous

Years
    Dia hissed in fright when Manaphy showed up, but then he took off after telling them a little bit about where they were. She shook herself. He had been right. Even he didn't have the same scent that Archur and the others from her time did. Archur got up off the ground and began stretching out. Then he offered to get her something to eat. She looked at him, then turned back to the sea.
    "I... I prefer meat... But you don't have to go to any trouble... I..." she said. She didn't know why he wanted to help her. He had no reason to. Was this what friends did? But... She couldn't do anything to help him! If friends helped each other, then how could she be his friend? She couldn't do anything for him! That being said, she didn't want him to go. She couldn't stand the thought of being alone. Not again.

zapdos926

Years
    Dia seemed uncomfortable with Archur's leaving. "Come with me, it's not too hard to catch a few pidgeotto." Archur said and set Dia on his head. He started off slowly, but when Dia got used to being up high, he started moving at a fast walk. They soon came to a more thickly treed area, and after a few minutes of exploring, Archur came across a few pidgeotto and pidgey who were still sleeping. "The second ratatta may get the cheese, the early bird may get the wurmple, but the really early swampert gets the bird," He said quietly and launched an ice beam at the pokemon, freezing four pidgeotto and a pidgey solid. The rest of the bird pokemon flew away as fast as possible and Archur walked over to the frozen ones and smashed the ice. All of them were dead; Archur picked up the smallest pidgeotto and swallowed it whole. He then set Dia down and gave her the pidgey. "I'll get the rest of these to the others once you're done."

Nideous

Years
    "Um... Th-thank you," Dia said. She tore into the Pidgey, still ravenous from not eating anything for a long time. Too long. Even when she had eaten before, she hadn't had a full stomach in months. She ate as much as she could and took a step back.

"Uh... I... I think we should leave soon. I've got this funny feeling," Dia mumbled. She doubted he would believe her. Everytime she had gotten a funny feeling, things had gotten worse for her. So, she had started trusting those feelings, and had gotten out of things that would have killed her had she stayed where she was. But... She didn't know how to say it any better than that. She limped back to Archur, still keeping her head low, listening for anything. She couldn't hear anything, and that was not a good sign. She wondered how she could tell Archur. She couldn't even explain it to herself how she knew that the silence was bad.

zapdos926

Years
    (I feel liek we're hogging the RP, but I guess no one else is posting...)

"Umm, okay, whatever floats your boat," Archur put Dia on his head again and slung the bird pokemon over his shoulder. He made his way back to the other pokemon and set the dead ones in front of them. "Breakfast and possibly lunch, is served," he took a mock bow and Dia slid off his head. He caught her in his hand before she fully slid off and set her back between his head fins. He went back up to the rock he had slept on last night and looked around. There wasn't much to see, just dirt, dead grass, a few thin trees and more dirt. Off in teh distance, he saw a few shadows. They were getting closer and closer. Soon, Archur could make out the shape of a carriage and a bunch of armed men.

Nideous

Years
    (OOC: Well, half of the little group we have going is away for the weekend. The other half is just AFK. It's not our fault they won't post.)

Dia didn't really pay attention as Archur set her on his head. She did, however, dig her claws into his sclap when he bowed so she wouldn't fall off. Honestly, what did he expect when he put her up there? He set her right again, and climbed up on a rock. Dia spotted a human vehicle with a lot of armed soldiers. She yelped in fright and tried to bolt, but only succeeded in sliding down the front of Archur's head a little.
    "We... We have to get out of here!" she said, sounding very frightened. Humans were coming, and they always brought pain with them. And she was in enough pain. She couldn't handle any more.

zapdos926

Years
    (I'll take control of Geo a little bit)

Geo started running back the way he came, deciding that the others did need him. He half sprinted, half flew all the way back to the others. He was approaching just as the red swampert was climbing down from a rock that the Umbreon was on top of. The swampert called outto him, saying something about humans, which couldn't be good. If there were humans, that meant they were going to try and take them to the arenas.
    ------------
    Archur had to agree. There were a lot of humans, all of them with pretty simple weapons though, spears and bows and the such. "I'm pretty sure that if the others help me, we can send them packing. Their weapons are made of wood, we have brute strength and the elements on our side. You stay up here and you'll be safe, I'll go warn the others. As he climbed down the rock, he spotted Geo running back to them. "Hello there!" Archur called out, "We've got some humans in bound, I'm going to warn the others!" Geo ran with Archur back to the pokemon. "Everyone, we've got some humans moving towards us; there are quite a few of them, all armed, but we'll be able to take 'em. They're weapons are wood, so if anyone knows a fire type move, that would be helpful.

Nideous

Years
    Dia was set on top of the rock and left there. She wanted to fight too. Not because she was brave or anything, but because she had nothing to not fight for. That was all she knew. And now there was more at stake than ever. She got to her feet and leapt down off the rock. She landed painfully on the ground, but thankfully she didn't do any more damage to herself.
    "I don't want to be safe! I want to fight! These people think they can come here and attack me and my friend!? Not if I can help it!" Twilight said, her voice oddly older and far more agressive. Meak little Dia had gone somewhere else, leaving only Twilight. But that was good. Twilight would fight until they died or ran, or she was dead. Twilight snarled and used her nose. They were getting closer. She checked her energy. She was still very weak, but she had enough power to fight them. There was no way they could stop her, even if they tried. She was going to fight, no matter what!

(OOC: Dia has a split personality. :\)

crebirk

This is Halloween
    Years
    (OOC:I'm glad to be back)
    "YAAAAAA!" Caro Exclaimed as he woke up from his long sleep. This happens very often to Caro: when falling asleep he can stay in a deep sleep for several days at a time "ok" Caro said though he was to tired to acknowledge what was going on at that current moment "so what I miss?" He could hear Dai's voice. Caro stumbled to fallow it, still not use to the extreme lighting. And then he stumbled into some on and tripped landing face first into a large rock waking him up when he looked around a large group of humans were headed right at them.

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
    Twilight hissed at Caro as he fell into her. She took a step to the side. He looked up and asked what he missed.
    "That is what you missed!" Twilight said, angrily pointing at the group of humans that were still headed in their direction. She limped over behind a rock and let herself fade into the shadow. That might give her some time to attack them. Twilight hated them. She hated everything about them. Almost as much as she hated herself. She always threw herself into every fight she could with one reason. She wanted it to be the last fight she ever had. And this looked like it would be. But... That's what she had thought when she attacked this group of pokemon. Adn she had thought that before when she fought off Caro. Well, maybe this time would be different. She was far to injured to be fighting. And yet she was going to anyway. She would not simply die off quietly. No, she would rage into the oblivion and take as many of those hated things with her as she could! If she didn't, then what good was she?

crebirk

This is Halloween
    Years
    "Sorry." Caro said as he realized that Dai was what he had stumbled over. But he soon realized that he had bigger problems. The humans where on the attack again. Caro ran through his options on what he could do. I could trap them in a pit. No. that didn't turn out so well last time. Caro thought. Oh! I could distract the humans while.. Caro looked over at Dai wondering if she had the strength to attack. ...while Dai attacked from back here using shadow ball. Caro turn to Dai "Hey I know how to get rid of the humans but i need your full cooperation..." Caro started explaining his plan: Caro would dig over behind the humans and ward them to him and when there backs are turned Dai would launch several shadow balls at the humans.

Garet

GhostFire
    Years
    Strange Way to be Captured

Ouch. This is one hard headache.
    Merlin woke up slowly, still groggy from whatever had knocked him unconscious. It was probably something to do with the dart. The dart that had probably come from the humans. The humans that had probably captured him.

The thought of being captured again would have motivated Merlin to jump up and run, and he would have. If it wasn't for the mess of ropes that was holding him down, as well as the headache and grogginess that it brought. Merlin turned his head to the right, trying to focus his eyes. He saw two humans that were facing each other and were...arguing, it sounded like. Something that included "net" and "cage". His mind hadn't cleared enough to comprehend all of the words, though, nor had it cleared enough to tell what time of day it was. Merlin did see a few trees beyond the two humans, though.

One thought that ran across his mind was, What happened to the Castform?

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
    Mini was furious. First she gets knocked out by some human's puny little dart and now she finds herself in what seems to be some kind marketplace. There were numerous shops set up all over the place, most of which were selling cages containing pokemon, none of which were the Gallade from earlier. 'He must be somewhere else in this... place...' She had tried to break out of her own cage but the bars must have been made out of some incredibly sturdy metal as she was unable to make even a dent. She wasn't about to let her spirits get down though and glared at every single human that passed by. Maybe if she acted nasty enough they would let her go. All the humans she had encountered before didn't like mean pokemon. How wrong she was. A rather rich looking couple came up to the man at the stand Mini's cage rested by.

"Darling, look at that thing. I wonder where it got such a scar?" the woman said.

The man looked Mini Death over than turned to the salesman. "How much for the white one?"

"2,000 gold coins," was the reply. The man pulled out a bag and dumped the contents on the counter.

"1,000 now, 2,000 when it's delivered to the Mountain Arena. Put it in the Lonso box. Do we have a deal?" he asked. The salesman nodded eagerly and pulled out a box which he put the coins in. He than picked up Mini's cage and carried it to a wagon hitched up to a rather skinny looking Rapidash. He pulled out a whip and lashed it, adding another scar to the many marks on the fire horse's back. Mini sat glumly in her cage as she watched the town disappearing behind them. 'I hope that Gallade is ok. We don't really stand much of a chance on our own.'

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back