• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Glasses or Contacts?

Which do you have; which do you want?

• Glasses; Contacts

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Contacts; Glasses

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Glasses; Glasses

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Contacts; Contacts

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I don't need either

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Honestly, I love my glasses. I don't want contacts, and never have wanted contacts. Aside from that, I love my glasses mainly because mine are the kind that darken in the sunlight, so they essentially eliminate the need for sunglasses...and contacts CANT DO THAT~! <3

Anyways, even if I cared enough about my eye color to want to change it I'd probably not use them much...and still prefer glasses because contacts are such a godawful royal pain to properly care for. Additionally, I have allergies and those get my eyes to itching all the time...as a consequence, I have a bad habit of rubbing my eyes that'd be pure hell to break. So, I'm never gonna get contacts. Not even if someone threatened to kill me or put a gun to my head.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I'll probably need glasses soon enough. I'll just wear the glasses. I'm to lazy for contacts...

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    I have glasses, and I don't think I would ever consider getting contacts. I don't want to have to deal with putting them in and taking them out.

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I have both. I use my glasses when I am home or at school, and contacts when I go out or something.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I don't have to wear either, but if I did I'd have to choose glasses. I get squicky when eyeballs are involved in anything, and I flinch whenever something gets close to my eyes, so I don't think I'd ever be able to deal with putting contacts in and taking them out.

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
    Years
    I have glasses. I don't have to wear them all the time, though.
    I can't apply contacts, and I don't like the idea of putting something in my eye. Plus, I like the way glasses look.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I have and prefer glasses, although I've never had contacts. I feel that they would be a hassle, especially since I rub my eyes alot when my allergies act up or when I'm tired.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'd wear glasses if either, or possibly a monocle if only one eye were problematic (not for attention or anything, just if you don't have to then why cover both eyes?).
    Contacts just seem particularly unnatural and alien to me, and an unnecessary effort or sometimes just plain vanity.

Last edited:

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    I've had glasses since the begining of this year. I somehow became short sighted... probably because I look at this screen so much. xP I didn't like to wear them in school at first. But now I wear them if I am at the back of class or if I am reading. :3 They don't bother me at all. People say I look smart in them, so I guess that gives me a bit more confidence to wear them! :P

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I have glasses. Hm, it's quite annoying really but I've gotten used to it. I want to wear contacts but I'm afraid I might go blind if I used it. I'm not what you call responsible.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I have neither. But if I had to choose, I'd take either. Glasses seem pretty cool XD. Might make me look a little smarter. Contacts scare me a little. ;_;

Years
    At the moment, I don't need either contact lenses or glasses, however if I were to have the choice, I would definitely choose the latter choice, as not only do they seem more practical, but I quite like the look of myself in glasses (I've worn my dad's before as a joke; I looked alright (mind you, maybe they distorted my view XD)). So yeah, glasses, if anything, thank you. :D

Soari

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    Nope I don't need to wear either of them but if I had to choose, I'd pick contacts because I once wore my sister's glasses and it made me look weird and spectacularly nerdy even though the glasses weren't nerdy type. D: Meh, I vowed that I will never ever wear it again. So yeah, contacts are way better and they stay comfortable in our eyes.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I am very terrible with glasses. From 8th grade till now, I've broken four of my glasses and one of my mom's. It's always a terrible accident that breaks it. One time, a kid sat on it and broke it. Another time, I sat on it and broke it. My last pair of glasses broke because I tripped during cross country and it flew across the track. A second later, someone stepped on it as he passed me without seeing my glasses.

My mother promised me that she would get me contacts next year, but I find that unlikely. If it were to happen, then I would have to get another eye exam, which would cost a lot. Then, I would have to get used to wearing contacts, and that would be uncomfortable. I only wear my glasses for academic purposes or computer time, so it wouldn't be for long. Having contacts also suck, because I'll have to buy new ones after a period of time.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    I don't need glasses or contacts, but I don't see why people who have glasses want contacts all the time because they say that glasses make them "ugly" (or from the people I know like my sister, anyway). I'd say glasses are actually better, they make a person look stylish yet clever, while contacts you're poking these things in your eyes all the time. I'd rather slip some glasses on quickly and get it over with, but that's my opinion. So for me, it's glasses.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I have and prefer glasses. They are much more easy to maintain than contacts. I tried contacts last year, that didn't work out because they always rubbed on my eyes and I felt uncomfortable a lot.

And depending on the kind of glasses, you might look a bit sexier ;D Just Like Me~

Back