• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Glissando

Sirfetch’d

We were once vacationing at the beach and the elevators stopped working which forced us to have to climb 20 stories worth of stairs. That is probably the highest I have ever personally climbed on stairs.

Years
    I climbed the monument to the great fire of London and that's some 300 steps. I can't think of something that's taller or longer that I've been on, but if there was it probably wasn't much more.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2015
    i dont think i have ever walked anything far (lazy me) but think of walking Snake Way in Dragon ball ;p

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Everything I walk on is entirely too long for me to be walking on. I get exhausted just going up and down the stairwells and hallways in my school.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Someone get the trombones for that glissando.

Anyway, the longest escalator I was on was in Washington DC. I don't exactly remember where it was, I just know it was huge and my brother hated it. lol

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
    The IDS Tower in downtown Minneapolis.

I worked there as security for a while. I walked every night from the lower basements to the roof, over fifty floors. Technically, the main elevators only go to 51 floors, but there are more, mostly utility and storage/HVAC floors.

I've been on the very roof. It was pretty cool to go up there every night. Scary too, the very edge wasn't like a wall you you could lean on, it barely would go past your calves, so you learned to stay the heck away from the edge. The weirdest things was that it stayed warm up there because of all the steam from the elevators/machines that keep the place running. Minnesota winters are always below zero, either in temp or wind chill, but with the steam up there it actually feels warmer, even though there is a TON of ice up there, almost year round.

Years
    Someone get the trombones for that glissando.

Anyway, the longest escalator I was on was in Washington DC. I don't exactly remember where it was, I just know it was huge and my brother hated it. lol

I don't play the trombone however . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D4xulPflUU&t=1m10s

As for me, I'm not really sure. I've climbed some mountain which had a lot of stairs and stuff along the way, that's probably the best I can come up with though.

Back