• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Glitch discussion thread

Have you ever encountered a glitch in a game?

• Yes

Votes: 21 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Have you ever encountered a glitch in a game? Where? Was it helpful or horrible? Let us know!

Surprisingly, I have never encountered a glitch in a video game.

Just a quick notice, please don't create long posts on glitches we all know about. It's fine to mention them, but we really don't need 2000 letters on MissingNo. What we want to hear about is uncommon glitches that we've never heard of!

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I encounter glitches all the time, and I absolutely love it when I do as they're usually hilarious or something I can benefit from.

OoT is littered with glitches that can help you completely rearrange how the game is supposed to be played or just flat-out allow you to beat the game in about an hour. Anyone who has ever watched some Zelda speed runs would know what i'm talking about. :P
    Bomb jumps and rolling past the guy blocking your way out of of Kokiri Forest, so on and so forth.

As for other games, GTA IV is another glitchy game. If you play on the 360 there's a motorcycle that can go faster than the 360 in terms of rendering out the map, so you'll eventually fall off into a pit of nothing because the game hasn't had time to render out the solid ground to ride on.

No More Heroes had an invisible solid object under a bridge in the town that if you ran against it, Travis would eventually slide along side of it, allowing you to pass through any solid object, leading you to a place you really shouldn't be at i.e. under the town walking on the skybox.

There are plenty more, i'm sure, i'm just too lazy to type them all out.

.MiKeY

Tank Operator
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    Same as Majora's Mask, it's fun to walk around town as Fierce Deity Link.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    I encountered glitches in games all the time. While all but two of the glitches I have ever encountered were terrible, those other two were great. The first glitch I ever found, that was beneficial, was in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask where you could roll in between the rock door and the wall (a small crack) and enter Sakaan's hideout before he came to open it. I found it totally by accident. I was rolling around wasting time for Sakaan to come and I started rolling into the door to try to "break it down" and ended up rolling through the crack and died. I was shocked and tried a few more times and ended up inside. I did find out later though (But did not find them myself) that there were two other glitches that were able to be used while in Sakaan's hideout, one was great (Allowing you to become the Fierce Deity outside of a boss fight) and the other was terrible (Allowing you to put on the Giant's Mask, but would freeze the game). The sad thing is that these glitches only worked on the Nintendo64, Nintendo fixed them all when they re-released the game for the Gamecube. :3

Years
  • There was a helpful one on MW2 in a spec-ops mission. In some obscure building on the map there was a bank and I found that the bullet proof glass protected you from bullets but not the AI. As long as you were careful about anything in the small room behind you could easily complete it on legendary.

On Fallout I always get stuck in random places because of glitches.

There've been way too many on online games to even bother attempting to list.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I don't know if this is a glitch or just a lazy oversight on the programmer's part, but if you try to explore all the worlds in Ratchet and Clank to the fullest you will find floors that you will fall right through and die. This always annoyed me since I always try to discover shortcuts or find that stupid snowman that's hidden somewhere and I get punished with intangible floors and buildings.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    I've encountered a glitch in skyrim and dragon's age. Beneficial glitches that help players in the game.

mameshiba

Creepy Purple Zordon
    Years
  • In the sims sometimes i have deformed children. also, you can sell dishes you dont want to wash in the pre-update versions

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • On the Playstation 2 game Splashdown: Rides Gone Wild, there is just a whole bunch of glitches. Just fooling around with your Sea-doo in places turns you up into weird worlds of the unknown. Once I fell through an opening in the water and fell into heaven! Who knows when something like that will be discovered in different games.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    Don't get me started on the glitches in the Elder Scrolls games, or any game made by Bethesda for that matter.
    Enchanting armor in Oblivion to make yourself invisible while you wear it really lets you see how utterly insane the AI in that game is, if it wasn't already clear. And the many cloning glitches, which always resulted in explosions of items. Sometimes I played that game just because it was hilarious.

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
    Years
  • Ever play Dragon Quest VIII?

In Yangus' hometown, there's an older woman and a horse walking around. When exiting a room nearby, I accidentaly hit the button to talk to the horse. It had the woman's text instead. Something like, "Oh, PUR-LEESE!..." lol

Have not been able to find/replicate since that first time though.

Also, in SM Sunshine, I fell through the water mapping when swimming out to the tiny Yoshi island. Wasnt really helpful, just fun running, jumping and the like 'underwater'.

Again, have yet to do it again. Le sigh.

Years
  • I have come across many glitches in my gaming life, all of which are, mostly, amusing.

The one I can remember off the top of my head is Skyrim glitches. >:3

Horse being stuck in a mountain, flying into the air when being clubbed by a giant, copies of the one person appearing and all talking to me, dragons spazzing out and not being able to kill them! XD​

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
    Years
  • I've run into a few glitches in ACWW, one involves a letter I got that was supposed to be from the HRA, except the bottom said something like "Keep smiling! From Kitt" and the other one is a fairly common one in which Tommy gets stuck and runs around in circles.

Also, in Lego Harry Potter 5-7,(yes, I'm such a nerd that I do play that) if you play as Sirius, most of the time when you turn into a dog, you won't be able to stop moving. You can steer, but the only thing you can do is run. Normally how to fix this is to let him run off a cliff or something and then he'll stop running. That game glitches a LOT, and most are not fun glitches(i.e. freezing up alot.)

Kyogia

Just a Pleasant Piplup
    Years
  • Ugh, Sonic 2006!
    Yes! Sonic the Hedgehog (2006)!
    Watch this video and get back to me later. You'll see why I'm stressing over it.
    Rushed games are terrible. I really want to play that game, but they didn't even release a DLC to fix all those glitches!
    And those aren't even all of the glitches!

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Battlefield 3, great game, but it was really glitchy for me. From invisible main character (Preventing you from continuing on the linear level) to your teammates AI Path being messed up, not allowing you to move forward (Again.) Sometimes it would take these glitches 3 days of not touching the game too fix.

TheFallenUmbreon

Dreams shall never fall...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    In Pokemon Pearl, Diamond and platinum, I evolved my kadabra without trading. Just leaving it inside the trade center.

Years
  • Don't get me started on the glitches in the Elder Scrolls games, or any game made by Bethesda for that matter.

This.

Was playing Fallout: New Vegas the other day, and I was doing the thing in Boulder City where you have to rescue some NCR soldiers. I kill all the Khans, gain NCR fame, and free the soldiers. Boone then proceeds to kill them, my reputation with the NCR plummets, and Boone then proceeds to get upset over ME killing them.

WAT.

Years
  • Came across a amusing glitch last night. Was playing the F1 2010 game on the Monaco circuit. If you don't know this track, the entrance for the pit lane is pretty tight to the track and when a AI player enters the pit, their car becomes like a ghost in which you can't crash into them. But the game bugged a little as I was fighting off one of the cars and I was on the outside, where the pit lane is and from no where, the car behind appeared in front of me, turned right and I went right through them because they were going into the pit and were 'ghosted'.

I was like... WHAT HAPPENED?!​

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • I was playing Halo 2 a few years ago, and on that city mission with the Covenant Scarab (forgot what the level name was). When I got to that part with the Wraiths & whatnot on the futuristic streets, I parked a Wraith on top of a bridge before the doors to the building you're supposed to enter that leads to the Scarab. Then, as the Pelican hovers directly above my Wraith, as it comes to pick up/drop off (forgot which) some Marines, I hopped on top of the Wraith and held "X" while jumping close to the back of the Pelican. Upon doing so, it allowed me to ride it. After a few brief seconds, the Pelican leaves and crashes into a distant building on the edge of the map, tossing you and the Marines out on top of it. As you're standing on the building, the Pelican is making odd rolling and flipping movement. When you approach it, it gives you the option "Press X to flip Banshee". This is where you *insert lolwut here*.

Sorry for my long post.

Last edited:
    Back