• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Glitches/Lag

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
  • Has anyone seen any lagging or glitching. I've actually seen a graphical glitch (at least i'm pretty sure it is) including flabebe where it's sprite looked darker (and no not a shiny). I've had a few seconds of lag which were fixed by turning off the 3d (which I had on for 2 seconds, if that). Has anyone else seen any lag or glitches?

EDIT: For flabebe I'm not talking about color of the form. I'm talking about a glitch with the shading/lighting/model itself.

Last edited:

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I get a very slight lag in the top screen animation during battles when I select options (whether it be fight, bag, or a specific move)...

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2014
    I thought the flabebe thing was intentional, like the different poodles, because I've seen them in practically every color of the rainbow. Just makes the same pokemon more unique.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • I thought the Flabebe thing was intentional too. It came up as Yellow for me at first and then Orange.

Romaov

Orra
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2016
    Yeah but not that often. maybe a little bit while close up on my guys face.

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2024
    if i turn on 3d it lags ridiculously, especially with vivillion's wings seemingly contributing to lag a lot

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • On very rare occasions, when picking an attack, the top screen lags for 2 or 3 seconds.
    Also, idk if you can call it lag, but when fleeing from a horde battle, it takes about 3 or 4 seconds until you get a response if it worked or couldnt flee.

TearsOfNightfall

♦ the night watch ♦
    Years
  • So, my save-file on Y is completely frozen and currently unplayable.

It was working fine, then I saved outside in Luminose City after receiving the second starter, and now my file won't load. It loads the trainer and the outlines of the buildings, but nothing else, and the bottom screen is also frozen. I've reloaded the save several times, but it always gets stuck. I'll mess around with it a bit more and see if I can find a solution, but I think the save file's kaput.

This topic on gamefaqs, which I saw literally five minutes after I saved there, mentions the glitch in more detail.

I can't imagine it happens to everyone since it doesn't seem to have been widely reported (unless I missed something), but I would avoid saving outside in Luminose City, just to be safe. For reference, my copy is a physical version of Y.

Oh well, at least I wasn't too far in. Guess I'll be focusing on X for a while >.>

Years
  • i saw an FPS meter on the top right of my screen before but im not going to complain...it is a new pokemon game, graphically Designed, and the world seems to be pretty big (not too sure yet)
    but it will only get better and better from now...I aint complaining.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • I see a "slowed down" version of my Pokemon animations when I'm waiting to decide what to so, which could be implemented or a frame rate issue.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I get some lag when I turn the 3D on and the screen flickers once when I start using the Rollerskates from a complete stop. I've heard about the Luminose City glitch, think they'll patch it?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Of course, with a worldwide release also comes the glitches they would normally remove from the non-CJK versions.

No it was a blue one but the model looked messed up.
    I would suggest avoiding using the home menu so much, if that's what you do. I say this since in my experience with PC games the shading can be glitched when the game is minimised then restored — the 3DS may suffer a similar problem.

i saw an FPS meter on the top right of my screen before but im not going to complain...it is a new pokemon game, graphically Designed, and the world seems to be pretty big (not too sure yet)
    but it will only get better and better from now...I aint complaining.
    Do you know how to bring this FPS meter up? Or the conditions under which it appeared?

On very rare occasions, when picking an attack, the top screen lags for 2 or 3 seconds.
    This is due to the game waiting for any effects like poison bubbles or paralysis sparks to clear before moving on; it's not an error. I've encountered it often, since I've been using status.

Also, idk if you can call it lag, but when fleeing from a horde battle, it takes about 3 or 4 seconds until you get a response if it worked or couldnt flee.
    This is probably the game comparing your monster's speed to that of every wild one in the horde in turn, in order to check for whether or not you are able to flee unconditionally.

Back