• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Audio] Glitchy Music Insertion

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2021
    I am trying to hack Pokémon emerald.
    As such I am trying to insert the theme I have in the second attachment of this thread.
    The problem is: when I assembled the song with the .s file (assembled it in the same hex location as the wild Pokémon battle theme and in the voice group of 0x43F644) the end result ended up all glitchy and static-y!

Attachments

• Sendout.zip
      18.2 KB · Views: 1
    • Glitchy Music Insertion
      Sappy.png
      41.3 KB · Views: 2
    Years
    • Seen today
    @MewWhoMakesStuff

You probably used this resource to check the voice groups? From checking the voicegroups for Emerald in Sappy, I can see that the voice group offsets mentioned in that thread are not correct for Emerald. All voice groups in Emerald are at 0x6XXXXX, not at 0x4XXXXX. That's probably why your midi sounds glitched.

You could probably check which voice group in Emerald contains all your instruments manually and use that voice group?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2021
    @MewWhoMakesStuff

You probably used this resource to check the voice groups? From checking the voicegroups for Emerald in Sappy, I can see that the voice group offsets mentioned in that thread are not correct for Emerald. All voice groups in Emerald are at 0x6XXXXX, not at 0x4XXXXX. That's probably why your midi sounds glitched.

You could probably check which voice group in Emerald contains all your instruments manually and use that voice group?

Okay. I tried again, replaced the 6 with a 4, and cooked it. The problem is though, now sappy crashes when I try to play the song. No error messages whatsoever! Do you know what might cause this?

Years
    • Seen today
    @MewWhoMakesStuff

If I understand you correctly, you changed the 4 in 0x43F644 to a 6 (So to 0x63F644)? Because that is not how offsets work...

The location where data is stored (the offset) about voice groups, is probably different between Ruby and Emerald. I think no one ever took the time to check the voicegroups for Emerald and mention them in a thread.

You have to check the voice groups for Emerald manually in Sappy to see which voice group contains the instruments you want to use in your song.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2021
    @MewWhoMakesStuff

If I understand you correctly, you changed the 4 in 0x43F644 to a 6 (So to 0x63F644)? Because that is not how offsets work...

The location where data is stored (the offset) about voice groups, is probably different between Ruby and Emerald. I think no one ever took the time to check the voicegroups for Emerald and mention them in a thread.

You have to check the voice groups for Emerald manually in Sappy to see which voice group contains the instruments you want to use in your song.

Okay. Thanks for that. I saw a thread that said that the locations for voices in Emerald are similar to ruby and sapphire when someone asked about a list for emerald. I guess the response might have been misinformation... 😓

Again thanks a lot. I will do it manually this time and check if sappy crashes yet again.

Back