• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Glittering Cave - Multi-Generation Fossils

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Hi Guys,

On my first trip to Glittering Cave, I managed to find an Old Amber (and of course the Jaw/Sail Fossil). After returning to the back of the cave, in two trips I have found the following:

• Plume Fossil
    • Cover Fossil
    • Skull Fossil
    • Root Fossil
    I know some people were wondering whether it was just Old Ambers that you could find by Rock Smash-ing the rocks in this cave, but it seems that all fossils are available - they just seem to be incredibly rare as I've not had the same amount of luck since I've tried for my third and fourth times! :)

EDIT: I found a Claw Fossil on my fifth attempt!
    EDIT 2: I found an Armor Fossil on my eighth attempt!

Last edited:

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Thanks for this info!! I will probably wait to trade over fossil Pokemon with Hidden Abilities but this is good to know. Help me with the Dex and potential breeders for the HA females.

Years
    In fact, it's quite interesting. Every fossil seems to be available and I have about 7 of each fossil, but I haven't been able to find a Helix Fossil or a Dome Fossil... Has anyone else found them?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Awesome! I can't wait to try this myself. Fossil Pokemon are honestly some of the coolest Pokemon.

Nooby question, but where did you find Rock Smash? I managed to beat the Champion without ever seeing it haha.

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
    Years
    Ahh. I didn't know you could find fossils by breaking those rocks, so that information is very much appreciated~.

As for me, the best I've found from one of those so far is a Revive. Not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth, but I could've gotten a lot better.

Years
    I've only got a root fossil and a skull fossil so far and broken about 10

Edit now have-
    4x root
    Skull
    Armor
    4x Plume
    Old amber

Last edited:
    Years
    If anyone finds a Helix Fossil or Dome Fossil, could they let me know. I just want to make sure that all of this Rock Smash-ing isn't for nothing. :P

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    IF ANYONE IS IN NEED OF FINDING ROCKSMASH GO TO THE TOWN WITH THE AQUARIUM AND A BROWN HAIRED KID OUT THE FRONT OF IT GIVES YOU IT :) ITS A TM THOUGH.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2014
    If anyone finds a Helix Fossil or Dome Fossil, could they let me know. I just want to make sure that all of this Rock Smash-ing isn't for nothing. :P

I went through the cave 3 times and have found 2 Helix Fossils, but no Dome Fossils. That being said, since Helix is here I am sure Dome will be as well.

Years
    I went through the cave 3 times and have found 2 Helix Fossils, but no Dome Fossils. That being said, since Helix is here I am sure Dome will be as well.

I can confirm Dome fossils are there. Found 2 of them already.

So it seems that the appearance of fossils might depend on some unknown factor - because I have almost 20 of every other fossil except the Helix Fossil and the Dome Fossil (coinidentally, both 1st Gen). I'm assuming that it might have something do with Time of day or perhaps day itself?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Hey everybody, just wondering if anybody has found multiple Jaw or Sail fossil? Because it would be awesome if you could have both fossil pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    So it seems that the appearance of fossils might depend on some unknown factor - because I have almost 20 of every other fossil except the Helix Fossil and the Dome Fossil (coinidentally, both 1st Gen). I'm assuming that it might have something do with Time of day or perhaps day itself?

Apparently Omanyte and Kabuto's fossils are Y exclusive.
    And Anorith/Lileep are X exclusive.

That definitely matches up with what I have been getting. I'm assuming you got X?

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
    Years
    4th try: finally found old amber and a bunch of revives&hard stones.
    note: I only have 2 gym badges.
    Bump. 10th try: found a 2nd old amber and another bunch of revives & hard stones.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2022
    In fact, it's quite interesting. Every fossil seems to be available and I have about 7 of each fossil, but I haven't been able to find a Helix Fossil or a Dome Fossil... Has anyone else found them?

Are those two not exclusive to Y? For some reason I think I've read somewhere that they are.

Years
    Are those two not exclusive to Y? For some reason I think I've read somewhere that they are.

Helix and Dome Fossils are Y exclusives, so you are indeed correct. On the other hand, the Claw and Root Fossils are X exclusives.

Hey everybody, just wondering if anybody has found multiple Jaw or Sail fossil? Because it would be awesome if you could have both fossil pokemon.

Sadly you can't get extra Jaw or Sail Fossils through rock smashing. You only get one during the main story meaning you can't get the other unless you trade for it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Please do not post in threads that are over a month old, guys; it's against our forum rules, unfortunately. :( If you'd like to continue the topic, though, you may go ahead and make a new thread for it.

Thread locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back