• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Global Pokemon league?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2016
    Hi Guys!

I was thinking at work, if any one would be interested in starting a "Global Pokemon League"

The idea that came to me earlier today is if we have 8 people nominated as the gym leaders 4 as the elite 4 and the champion would be the 1st person to beat all 8 gym leaders then all 4 of the elite 4?

Each G/L would have their own badge that they would send them when they/if they win?

The champion would be a defending champion so the next person to defeat the 8 G/L and E/4 would then be aloud to battle the current champion, if they win they take his/her place if they lose the go back to the elite 4 and repeat the process?

Obviously there are a couple of other detail that need to be ironed out but i think it could be fun to do?

what do you guys think? would any one be up for it?

many thanks

Mr Hellfire

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    It does sounds like a really cool idea, but it's been done a lot of times before. But if you're starting one up, I'd be interesting in joining.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2016
    cool. i just think for those of us that have completed the story and are feeling a bit let down with the post game, it could be fun to have something to make it last longer.

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    The concept if interesting and definitely something worth trying. But if it were me i wouldn't go "global" right off the bat. Unless you have done something on such a large scale, and have the time and patience to put into doing something that big, i would say start small and work your way up. Start in a small community, like say a pokemon forum, and find enough people interested to get together your G/L. Test them out yourself and see how their pokemon training skills stack up. You want to be fair game so don't look for people who are super EV and IV trainers, but you also don't want people facing off against a 5 year old and mowing them down every time. Then, if the MOD's allow, start a thread with rules and such so that people can post when they would like to begin the challenge. The beauty here is that your G/L can be having 8 Battles at once if you managed to get the word out and people take it seriously. Then the same thing applies to the E4 folks. Competent but not pushovers. Then you'll have your 1st champ in no time. Now if you were to try doing this on a GLOBAL scale, it would be alot harder to try and keep up with all the stats of who is where and who the current Champ is. It is a very fun idea if your organized and professional about it.

lol just a humble pokefanz opinion :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    You'll definitely want to use a forum, and maybe consider having more than one gym leader for each gym (same type perhaps). This is so that people have more than one person to battle and its not all put on one gym leader (in case he/she is busy).

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2016
    Global is probably the wrong word to use, i used global as its from payers across the world (who ever is on here lol) i would defo do it on here through a thread.

i like the idea of co-gym leaders (if there is enough people lol)

any ideas what mod would let me set something up?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    Oh, another thought is that you might want to have challengers register their team beforehand and keep the same team through all the battles. It doesn't tend to work well if they can change their team every battle to be the complete antagonistic type of the gym leader/elite. Just another thought.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2016
    im not so sure about the registering of teams as it would be very restricting but the idea of registering as a competitor defo!

and im guessing it would be easier for wifi?

its all maybes at the mo it all depends on interest in it

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • This concept isn't something that's new to PokéCommunity. A few years back, member operated Pokémon Leagues were quite popular around here. However, with the decrease in activity and loss of interest in them, they ceased to exist after awhile. If it's something you're really serious about though, then talk it over with awolffromspace. He's the moderator of the Battle Center, which is the more appropriate place for an idea like this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back