• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Global Terminal Station Related Woes !

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • I don't ever use the GTS anymore, that's why we have a Wi-fi trade section here. Seriously, that place is ridiculous. I only used it way back when to get additional ID numbers for the lottery. I never used the GTS to obtain a Pokemon that I was actually going to use for trading.

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
  • I don't usually know when my pokemon are nicknamed, 'cuase I usually look for Japanese pokes. Sometimes they're kind of stupid, but i breed them and release the ones i got in the trade. It has happened though.

On my Pearl, (Which I hacked badly and gotten rid of in early '08. Lol) I was on the GTS, looking for a Dragonite. I found 1, it was Lv.98, SHINY, and nicknamed...Draculous. yeah. I did end up trading for it, a Lv. 63 Jolteon. It was pretty awsome, I must admit.

On Platinum, (Storage) I Have 4 Boxes Full of Japanese Mons and they rock. Lv. 87 Japanese Aggron, for a Medicham, Lv.45.

I guess it's just a matter of luck, When you find someone who's not greedy and makes a good offer. On another note...

This happened like right after the Darkrai event, when the Member's pass was distributed. Looking to see how many people would trade their brand new darkrai, I find one result. It was the level you can catch it at, (I forget. 50?) and it was SHINY. Un-nicknamed, and guess what he wanted... A BUNEARY. I rush to Eterna forest, catch one, and rush back; I go back to it and...It won't let me trade the Buneary. It fit all the requirements, (a female buneary was it) but it was darkened. This has happened to me on many occasions, where it wont let you trade you pokemon even though it fits all requirements. Anyway, I've kind of gone off topic, but I didnt see the need to make a thread with almost the same topic. ^_^

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I haven't seen many ridiculous nicknames on the GTS. The only noteworthy ones would be Magikrap for a Magikarp, and a shiny Skuntank nicknamed ******* (that would be A-hole).

Ruin Maniac

Booshka
    Years
  • i hate it when someone says, "yeah i want a level 100 Darkrai for a lvl 5 Starly". I seriously don't see the ponit of this, seeeing as no-one would accept this save for 5 year olds and retards... Totally pointless.

T33nyTurtwig

:D :D :D
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2010
    I hate people who randomly nickname them and then trade, since its very very very hard for your OT to be same. but about the level 1 for level 100 trade thing, i had a friend who just got diamond and i traded him a level 65 dialga for a noob thing so i can re trade it back to my pearl since i had only 1 DS. then we visited the GTS for some fun and it was then that i realized that i could get a lvl 70 dialga in my platinum and i wont be playing my pearl much anyway so i told him to trade there. He found a trade looking for a dialga level 50+ and his thing was a level 1 bidoof. my friend said that bidoof must be a really rare pokemon if people use it to trade for strong pokemon, and asked me. i joked that it was a pokemon found only once from an event and i said that the event was gone. guess what- he believed that and did the trade. but the funniest thing was, the bidoof was nicknamed "Unoob"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I hate it how some of them have been nicknamed "Chimchar", but are actually a Gyarados(this is just an example, because I can't remember what it was), so the wrong picture comes up. Or it could be the right picture, and it's a Chimchar named "Gyarados".

There are so many unreasonable trades....the best one I found was lv.4 Cubone for my Ampharos (this was ok, as Ampharos was only raised for pokedex data).

Honestly, I've seen 200+ pokemon, and I searched every single one I don't have (ok, about 50 out of 200, but this is still bad), and I only found 3 trades. Oh, and the GTS refused to search for Ledyba. It's not that it didn't have any, it was a different message...

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
  • I actually once got a trade of my Lv1 Chimchar for a Lv66 Blaziken, BUT even better, I traded that Blaziken away right after that for a Lv72 RAYQUAZA!

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
  • For me GTS has been good if you offer the right pokemon. For some reason whenever I offered a Munchlax, Aipom, or Heracross everyone trades me everything. I have gotten like 4+ each of all the hoenn/sinnoh legends along with 2 sets of Golems even a few shiny legends. However I still like to think that some of them might be hacked, hence why I never will let them be traded for anything.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I hate nicknamed Pokemon unless I named them and they were for just a playthrough or challenge. When trading, I don't accept nicknamed Pokemon.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • That is why I never use the GTS. Nicknames from other people generally appeal to me as completely stupid. And the GTS is just a giant hack and troll fest.

Well, I do use it sometime. Occasionally, I will chain a shiny Pokemon just for the purpose of trading it. I will make a thread saying the exact time and date I will put it up for, all the search details for it, and what I want. Then whoever gets to it will win it.

I don't really get anything I always ask for Pokemon that everyone has, but it's just fun to see who gets it first. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2012
    I used to love the GTS for the foreign Pokemon that I could get, but now that I have a Japanese game it's mostly useless. I agree that some people give their Pokemon the dumbest nicknames. I feel bad for the Pokemon having to go through their digital life with names like "5416854" or "ButtKisser". =/

Inferny

Lord of Pokabu
    Years
  • Ehm, there's a reason people request such rare Pokemon for weak ones. It's because there is always, no matter what, somebody somewhere in the world who would do it. For example, I once offered a level 30 Lucario I had used the cloning glitch to get. I said I wanted a level 100 Kricketune, just to see if it was possible. Next morning the trade had gone through, and I had received a legit level 100 Kricketune. I lolled.

Some people do it because they believe people can just hack/clone them anyways. That way they don't need to feel guilty for cheating, after all, they couldn't know.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I got a level 1 Croagunk named Boufon once.
    lol I actually got Dialga once on my Pearl on my R4. Not too long after that my whole R4 crashed, and I had to get a new Micro SD card.

Silver Metagross

Better than blue.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2010
    The only Pokemon I trade for on the GTS are Pokemon I have no access to such as Growlithe/Arcainine as I don't have FireRed. I traded a Lv: 70 Groudon for a Lv: 14 Arcainine. The Groudon was an extra from my continous playing of Emerald. I currently have a Lv: 70 Rayquaza up for a Lv: 50 Spiritomb as I can't get it myself. :( But since I breed all my Pokemon, the names rarely matter because I either release them to save PC space or trade for something else over GTS.

Back