• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Global Trade Station, Wi-Fi Plaza and Battle Frontier Confirmed

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    Honestly I hope the Battle Frontier is the same as in Platinum. As someone who never got the chance to own or play Platinum, getting Heart Gold and being able to experience the Battle Frontier will be very joyous indeed. C:

And I'm also glad about the GTS, even though I couldn't imagine it NOT being included. n.n As a travel enthusiast myself, the GTS has been one of my favorite features in DPPt. Getting Pokemon from other parts of the world is so awesome! :D

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I wonder will Poffin making be back...

Poffins's most likely will not be back as far as we know so far. Now with the inclusion of the Pokéthlon instead of contests, apricorns kinda take the place of berries because with Apricorns you can make Pokéjuice which raise a certain Pokemon's stat for the Pokéthlon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2012
    I only have Diamond, so being able to play the Platinum Battle Frontier in HG/SS is definitely a plus. I think it works out for customers since the mass majority of people who purchased DP did not upgrade to Pt; it seems like mostly it was new players who were waiting for the third version or hardcore veterans who bought Pt. HG/SS will give DP-only owners something new without repeating the tedious DP game.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I too am a bit disappointed that the BF is looking to be the same, I wanted something new as I'm sick of Platinums now lol. The GTS could have been updated a bit as well, but since it just got an update in Platinum I guess it only makes sense they'd want to keep it the same. As for the plaza's, I understand they need to be the same for compatibility reasons.

None of this will change my excitement for the games though, as they're all great features anyways. :P

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    So I take it that this means the Battle Recorder is making a come back though they have no mentioned it.

Years
    Hm, if this is used to team up in the Battle Frontier, couldn't they still keep all the same facilities, move them around a bit, change up the layout and look, and maybe add two more that wouldn't work with Platinum? That way it wouldn't be so identical.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Like the idea I had on my last post?

Yes, adding in at least one or two more facilities would be a bit satisfying. It'll change the basic layout of the area and give players something new to challenge other than the same basic five facilities from Platinum. If they add in two new facilities for Johto, then it'll come back to how it was like in Hoenn when we had seven, which was pretty good.

Knowing that Palmer is only in Sinnoh [or so we presume], then there is a possibility that the Brains will be altered. Plus, like stated before, when teamed up with a friend you aren't permitted to battle the Facility Brain. I'm interested in how it'll all turn out though, but still I'm looking for that little difference from the Platinum Frontier and Johto's.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 11, 2009
    i am so looking forward to this game its beyond belief. i'm glad the gts is in this game i just hope they do something to upgrade it because it became pretty poor (full of hacks) etc in platinum

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
    BOOOO.

I would've liked a new frontier. I don't think they'll have the same Frontier Brains. That would make it completely unoriginal.

Maybe I'll actually get the chance to use the GTS and the Wi-Fi Plaza in HG/SS...

TimeDialga33

Go Chickorita!
    Years
    Poffin making will not be back because now people can make juice out of apricorns to raise your pokemon's pokeathalon stats . not conserning that it was a great idea for another global terminal and battle frontier to be built in johto.

Back