• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Global Warming

Do you think it will be possible to reduce the Global Warming?

• Yes

Votes: 37 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Are you crazy, man?!?

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    This is one of the great problems the humanity has actually: The Global Warming.

The Global Warming will bring many problems to the future. If the humanity continues to pollute the world the way we are, in 75-100 years the world will have serious problems, and will be our grandchildren who will pay for the mistakes made today. The world must reduce pollution (I say reduce because it is impossible to stop it) to, at least, slow the Global Warming.

Have you ever seen the movie "The Day after Tomorrow"?

That movie is a great explanation of what may happen to the world if the Global Warming continues, like great storms and a new Ice Age. There are some countries that are doing anything to stop it (like mine) and there are some countries that are doing nothing because they would lose much $$$$$.

More than HALF of the world is in danger because of this. An example: Portugal. In summer, it never does less than 30ºC, in Winter, it rarely does more than 8ºC. As you can see, too hot Summers and too cold Winters. THIS is one of the effects of the Global Warming. And it's not only Portugal who has this problem.

So, I could beg to the world:

Please at least slow the Global Warming, and if you can stop it, so the humanity can exist for thousands and thousands of years.

Thanks for reading this, and please give your opinion about this, because this is a serious problem.

(Please report any typing/grammar errors, because I don't dominate English so much)

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
    I've heard of a few places that are trying to fight it, and I remember hearing about a few projects as well. I'm doing my best to fight it (as best as I can) and our schools and community has been pushing eco-friendliness. I think someone already made a thread similar to this one but I'm not positive. It's certainly possible to reduce Global Warming, if we try hard enough, which I do believe we will. More and more people are beginning to recognize it as an issue.

BTW: Global Warming is a natural process, so it cannot be stopped (I think). It can be slowed though.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Yep, I totally agree with you, I heard of projects too. Portugal, for example, is doing more and more to help slow it.

Looks that there are other threads about this, but they are dead, so I am reviving this subject.

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Global warwing is getting noticed. But not all countries are doing anything to stop it. The new series of 24 is based about Global Warming. They are going to have less big explosions and are doing other things so that they get the point across.

I think every country should try and cut down on pollution. Can't remember if it was Japan or China but in one of those some towns never see the sun because of the pollution being so bad.

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    Actually, I read somewhere Global Warming has happened before and we still have Earth. It's natural and will happen many times from this point on.

I guess.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    Well, yes, there are annual rises and drops in temperature, but our output of Carbon is not the cause of it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    Global Warming is natural, I think. My geography teacher said it's because of the Ice Ages. Like a wave structure. Top is hottest, bottom is Ice Age. We're on the left side of 1 of these waves, I guess...

~Cya, UnitRico

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    But you can't deny that, by reducing the C02 we are throwing to the atmosphere, we can slow down it considerably. The weather is crazy, guys, last year we were half-melted here in Spain and yesterday I needed a blanket to sleep.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Well, yes, there are annual rises and drops in temperature, but our output of Carbon is not the cause of it.

Are you kidding? =/
    Over the past centrury the average world temperature has increased by about a whole 1*C and its getting even faster. Theres evidence everywhere to show changes in sea levels and ice..
    And it's mostly been down to the massive increased production of greenhouse gases (Carbon dioxide and methane). Which go around trapping the heat from the sun. So yes, CO2 is the cause of increasing temperatures.

No offence, but people who don't give a damn and reject things like this are a danger to the environment. Countries as a whole should implace laws to control their rubbish and limit their carbon emissions, something necessary but also difficult to persuade the public to accomplish.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    Global warming has already been proven to be caused by human activity. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to go back to feudal Afghanistan and preach how the world is flat. Then again, there has been a recent discovery by a British meteorologist that in fact the warming is currently in a slight delay and then continue to rise again in 2009. Seems that it will go as it pleases.

The whole thing is occurring way too fast, so it's impossible for humans to bring it to a halt. But it can be decreased. And if we do something about it, maybe the United States wouldn't lose Florida, maybe people will talk about Greenland other than it melting, and maybe Al Gore will shut up.

Last edited:

nosferatu

so you like... stuff?..cool...
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    gobal warming is normal but the polluttion is speeding it up so what might have taken millions of years might now take only hundreds

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Pollution is not helping. The amount of CO2 and other types of gas released into the atmosphere must be reduced.

I believe we can reduce the Global Warming. If all countries do anything about this, it can be slowed.

Yeah, there was a great Global Warming before that caused the Ice Age, but this one is worse. And may cause a new Ice Age.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2013
    I agree that we can reduce it, and especially the people in my country, because if we don't reduce it, we'll all drown...Yep, I live in The Netherlands...if I'm right ¾ of Holland will drown if we wouldn't stop the water...it'll be harder if the Polar ice will melt. And we won't be very happy to evacuate more then 10 million people, are we?

~Cya, UnitRico

Gabri

m8
    Years
    I agree that we can reduce it, and especially the people in my country, because if we don't reduce it, we'll all drown...Yep, I live in The Netherlands...if I'm right ¾ of Holland will drown if we wouldn't stop the water...it'll be harder if the Polar ice will melt. And we won't be very happy to evacuate more then 10 million people, are we?

~Cya, UnitRico

Yep. Same goes for another countries like Denmark.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    Are you kidding? =/
    Over the past centrury the average world temperature has increased by about a whole 1*C and its getting even faster. Theres evidence everywhere to show changes in sea levels and ice..
    And it's mostly been down to the massive increased production of greenhouse gases (Carbon dioxide and methane). Which go around trapping the heat from the sun. So yes, CO2 is the cause of increasing temperatures.

No offence, but people who don't give a damn and reject things like this are a danger to the environment. Countries as a whole should implace laws to control their rubbish and limit their carbon emissions, something necessary but also difficult to persuade the public to accomplish.

The greenhouse effect has never been proven and it is therefore garbage.

But even if the greenhouse effect were real, our carbon emissions excluding the natural ones are so miniscule compared to the amount of Carbon naturally put into the evironment by humans, other living things, and natural processes. Therefore our use of cars and such will not effect annual tempurature changes.

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    Are you kidding? =/

will this mean i shouldn't play paintball then? (for those who dont know, the pressure to shoot the paint out of the gun is a short controlled burst of CO2 from an outside tank)
    but manaphy is right. human convinence is not the definition of the earths condition.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    The greenhouse effect has never been proven and it is therefore garbage.

If you're going to cite something that is completely wrong, but you believe to be true, please use some references, rather than off the top of your head.
    Climatologists and scientists all agree that there is a link to the increased global temperature caused by the dramatic increase of CO2. There is substantial evidence to prove the greenhouse effect and global warming. Try googling it... ¬_¬

But even if the greenhouse effect were real, our carbon emissions excluding the natural ones are so miniscule compared to the amount of Carbon naturally put into the evironment by humans, other living things, and natural processes. Therefore our use of cars and such will not effect annual tempurature changes.
    Thats also completely wrong. The concentrations of Carbon dioxide have increased by 31% and methane by 150% over the past centrury. In the past 40 years the global CO2 concentration has increased by over 75ppmv (increased by 25%). The sudden increase and build up is clearly caused by increased industrial process and deforestation and hardly the effect of respiration or similar.
    Also your point about cars is also incorrect. Vehicles are one of the main CO2 producers of the past 50 years and especially aeroplanes who produce around half of the carbon dioxide annualy.
    At the current rate, carbon dioxide conc. are going to rise even further. We have more industries and significantly less forestation. This is why greenhouse gas concentrations need to be reduced to slow the increasing temperatures.

If you're truly deluded enough to think that global warming is a falsehood conjured by your goverment... then seriously you need to do some research and stop acting so arrogantly, as future lives will be at stake.

anemos

Insomniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    i know my question wasn't vital, but i'd still appreciate an answer.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Playing paintball is almost no harm, because very little CO2 are released. But other things are much worse than that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back