• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[GM] Pokémon vs Wild

Bruno1440

Fire TRainer
Years
  • Pokémon vs Wild is a tower defense video game. The game involves a trainer using many varieties of Pokémons to repel wild Pokémons and other Trainers. The Player, along with his Pokémons, must resist the waves that come every second during day or night, in the grass , water , sky (including the Indigo Plateo).
    Pokémon vs Wild sees players placing different types of Pokémons, such as Charizard's, Pikachu's, Sharpedo's, Pidgeots and many others, each with their own unique offensive or defensive capabilities, in order to stop a horde of Wild Pokémons and Trainers from defeating you.
    For those who already played Plants vs Zombies will feel familiar to the game since i tried hard so it would have similiar in every kind.

Game modes​
    The primary game mode is a single player Adventure mode pitting the player against waves after waves of wild Pokémons , Trainers, and Gym leaders. Finishing the levels may earn the player money that can be used at a Mart to buy Potions and other bonuses. In some levels of the campaign, the player will be provided with new party joinable Pokémons ( maximum party = 7 , increaseable later ) , and the rest will just go to the Box system wich can be consulted before each level .
    The game also features extra modes that are unlockable as the player progresses through the game's main Adventure mode. This includes puzzle mode , Quick Fight and more to add .

Design​

The game uses custom and official graphics , every pokemon uses 3 animation sprites for each action ( move , stand , attack ) .

Features:​

- Tower Defense system
    - + 300 Different Pokémons
    - Every Gym leader
    - Monthly Updates *
    - Custom Box System
    - Evolution System ( Pokémons can envolve )
    - New Items

Early Screenshots

The system and graphics that you are watching now can CHANGE , since every piece of code of what already was done was made just in 2 days .
    New Pictures will come soon.

[GM] Pokémon vs Wild

Progress​

Since i just started to devolp this games 2 days ago , there's not that much done

System - 25 %
    Pokemons - 3 % ( 2 Party Pokémons coded and 1 enemy )
    Box - 0 %
    Mart - 0 %
    Extra Mods - 0 %
    Menus - 0 %
    Demo - 60 % ( tutorial play )

I think for now i will stop and wait for some critics , from all of you .

I hope you enjoy it ,

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2022
    first of all i love gm, i think its a very good concept. and will you use mystery dungeon sprites or make your own?

ps.

if you want help pm i know a little gml my self

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    GM fan reporting in!
    This looks pretty good, good luck with it.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Now I suggest making the game field bigger... I don't think a 4x12 game field is big enough for a tower defense game. Try to make it full screen...

아이구... 이것도 마무리안할거... Good Luck

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Game Maker supports having objects out of view....

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Game Maker supports having objects out of view....
    What the guy above me said, hell IDK bout you but this is bigger work than the OP thinks it is. He has to find a way to find the closest threat and rotate the tower toward that target and make the bullet travel that way and all that stuff

Years
  • Pokemon Tower Defense? Sounds like a fun distraction. :3 I hope you refine the graphics a bit further, flesh out the systems, etc. Good luck!

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    For the bullet he just has to set the direction on create to the threats x and y.
    For the closest threat he can just find the closest monster object, I mean that's what most tower defense games do(I THINK)

Yeah I guess it's inconvenient haha, but I mean if it's only a couple of tiles it wouldn't be bad, he could even do waht they do in brawl and show things offscreen that way.

--Just a pet peeve, don't say OP this isn't /b/

Back