• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Go Right (The Mowgli's, Garfield, Kid President) [Daily Bloggity Entry #10]

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years

• Date: 03 March 2014
    Time: 10:46 AM ET
    Mood: Determined

Yesterday in my blog I spotlighted this video as the Daily Video. Published in early 2012, the video is a compilation of early and new generation video games of characters traveling towards the right part of the screen. Eventually though, the characters are overcome by their shortcomings and are unable to push on anymore, collapsing in a heap. Distraught, they try to push to the left side of the screen but alas, are unable to do so. However, they do not let this get to them. They gain the strength and courage to push onwards and to ultimately reach their goal.

Daily Video - "San Francisco" by The Mowgli's
    Spoiler:

I wanted to go more into depth on this video for numerous reasons. Many times in life I think we are very quick to give up on the things that matter to us. Whether it is our dreams, love ones, family, or ambitions, I feel that at times we are overcome by our anxieties and our fears of the unknown future and end up giving up on them entirely. We fear of failure; we fear of disapproval; we fear of nonconformity. At times we find it difficult to hurdle over our own walls and instead of accepting the challenge, we admit defeat. However, I'm writing this blog entry to say that we all contain the inner strength to overcome any obstacle. It's all just a psychological fake out. The first step that we all need to take is recognizing this. When we are first able to establish that it is all in our heads, than we can begin to take the necessary steps to push above and beyond our supposed limits. Instead of going left and trying to avoid a problem, it is better to take that issue head on. As professional hockey player Wayne Gretsky simply put it, "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take," so take that damn puck and slam it home!

Daily Comic - "Adaptation" by Jim Davis of Garfield
    Spoiler:

My senior year of high school I decided to overcome one of my fears: singing in public. Now I would not say that I am a great singer or anything, but I'd like to think that I'm okay at what I do. So, I ended out trying out for our school's One Act Plays, which is a collection of mini plays formed by our own students and directed/performed in front of our school and local towns. Surprisingly, I got put in the role as Captain Hammer in my friend's musical of Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog (if you've never seen this, look it up on Youtube. It's a great short film starring Neil Patrick Harris). Considering it was the only musical out of all the one acts, I was shocked to find myself as such a key role. I practiced my butt off and when it came to the actual performance even though I was nervous I put it all on the line and sang my heart out. I remember receiving a lot of compliments that night, and I am glad to say that I was able to overcome that fear.

Daily Video - "The World Can Be Better - Kid President Songified" by parody artist schmoyoho
    Spoiler:

Of course, I was sweating bullets right before my performance. Fear and anxiety are both innate and humane to us. However, it's all about how you handle the situation. We can try to move left and forcibly avoid ourselves from confronting our inner demons; however, it's more beneficial to face them head on and keep trucking towards our goals. Which will you choose: will you take the road less traveled by? Because you know what they say about that; it will make all the difference.

‡ As always, the "Daily Bloggity" is self written by myself and includes just some of my opinions on different mediums. If you have a subject that you might want me to touch on, feel free to PM me or comment below! I would love to hear some of your ideas! Tune in tomorrow at 5PM Eastern Time for the next edition of the "Daily Bloggity!" Cheers! ‡

- elheroeoscuro
    Spoiler:

Back