• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

God this is getting annoying [Art Theft]

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Dootakun]

Frightening Glare
Years
  • Link to member

Check his signature; he has one of my banners in there. He even created a thread with my sigs (and a bunch from other people, some of which I actually know), but that was closed.

Could someone edit his sig please? Not even wanting the credit, since he claims it's his salamence banner.

EDIT: link to my signature thread, in case you need proof

Last edited:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Well, nothing can stop art theft..
    Maybe just put your name in all your Banners so that they can't steal it
    but then, If you wann report it then just PM a Staff..
    That's my Suggestion anyway

Years
  • I've disabled his signature and took out the banner. Sorry to know one of your banners have been victim to more theft. :\ But like Ryouki said, we can't exactly stop it happening.

[Dootakun]

Frightening Glare
    Years
  • I've disabled his signature and took out the banner. Sorry to know one of your banners have been victim to more theft. :\ But like Ryouki said, we can't exactly stop it happening.

Yeah I know, thanks Signomi. ^_^
    And that's a very good suggestion, Ryouki, I've seen many do that. Still, people cut out the part with the name xd or paste new text in front of it.

*sigh* Damn thieves.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Yeah I know, thanks Signomi. ^_^
    And that's a very good suggestion, Ryouki, I've seen many do that. Still, people cut out the part with the name xd or paste new text in front of it.

*sigh* Damn thieves.

Though even if TEHY Do that, Some of it won't really put in like they put there Name in front of lets say [Dootakun] they can't really cover the whole word with just the 'Name'
    Maybe Um, try to put 2 names: One Visible and the second one Visible but not so much like camouflage xD

[Dootakun]

Frightening Glare
    Years
  • Nah, in that case, we'd give him a warning for a third signature offence. And three warnings for whatever reason = temp ban. Too minor (though I understand, offensive) for a temporary ban.

So, he has two warnings, he needs a third eh? I'm gonna "let" him use one of my sigs, then say he stole it XD jk

Better keep this topic open, since he might do it again. And I'm actually hoping he does that xd Thanks.

[Dootakun]

Frightening Glare
    Years
  • Okay, he really got on my nerve now.

He insists on saying that they are his banners, that I'm lying. I'm gonna quote my PM and his answer:

J_zero said:
    [Dootakun] said:
    Mind telling why you stole my banners, along with others? From what I see, you're a member of PIF, since one of the banners you stole was only posted there.

Dont play dumb with me Dootakun!!!! first you ask me for a job then you take credit for it then you come to other forums telling other people tht those are your banners????? i thought we were friends man! i dont ever wanna speak to ya again dude!!! dont need to send PMs i wont read them ....

I want to see his face when I ask him if he has the .PSDs (Photoshop files where the banners are, if you don't know).

[Dootakun]

Frightening Glare
    Years
  • Okay, I posted once, it didn't appear; I posted it again, the previous post appeared, I deleted the previous, but both got deleted oO So, I'm posting it a third time. Let's hope it sticks.

+++++++++++++++++

I'll waive the idea that you're double posting.

I assume you have the PSDs, then? If he uses the signature again, it's a juicy warning on his head. He can't prove it, and if he ignores the issue he's causing, then he can get into trouble as well.

Sorry about the double-posting, was too angry to think =/

Yeah, I have all my PSDs. And I never showed them to anyone, so he can't possibly have them.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yeah, had to delete the previous post so this wouldn't be double-posting.

Now, I bring more evidences that the guy is a complete moron, who can't lie. However, he said that he was fooled by someone, so I must play all the cards now.

I only found this rip thanks to TwilightBlade, who assisted me (thanks again) by showing the PMs he and she had been exchanging.

Here there are! Click the spoiler.

Spoiler:

OMG HOW SILLY OF HIM XDDDD

Now, the IM log from MSN, some parts in portuguese, some in english. I'll translate the parts in portuguese [in bold], and if you think I'm lying, ask Wakachamo, he speaks portuguese.

João: the stealer
    dsfsfsdf. : me, [Dootakun]

Spoiler:

...Maybe he was telling the truth and that Gofre did fool him. But I don't know.

EDIT: he forwarded the PM.

J_zero said:
    Goofre said:
    Since he´s gonna make more banners the ones that at his old banner thread can now be used and you can take credit for them ;) its ok with him i talked to him, but of course he makes good banners, so il want a rare pokemon ;) you have any milotics ??

Last edited:

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    It's funny on the coincidental side because I heard rumors he hacks and he doesn't like following the rules either :\

Maybe you should like put ©[Insert Name] on your banners, I see many banners having that around :)

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
    Years
  • I smell a rat here. And no my house doesn't stink. How come he hasn't posted here. Also put your name on your sigs. XD

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Wow, thats terrible desu~! =0

I can sympathize, it happened to me a while ago, but he removed it after one professionally written, grammatically correct e-mail (he disabled PMs ... go figure!)

So the solutions I can think of are putting your name on your sig, and/or putting a ©-by-yourself notice, and/or a watermark (o_0) with any of the above mentioned contents!

If he persists, then I think a temp-ban might be necessary because he's clearly disregarding the rules deliberately on multiple occasions

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    That's Terrible >.< ~

I hope you somehow stop people from stealing your stuff. Maybe try Watermarking your banners. Your artwork is amazing and is deserved to be used by you and only you. I would hate people stealing my graphics without permission.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • It's funny on the coincidental side because I heard rumors he hacks and he doesn't like following the rules either :\

Maybe you should like put ©[Insert Name] on your banners, I see many banners having that around :)

Not rumors. Facts.

https://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=102843
    https://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=103000

Asking to change forum rules.
    He wouldn't be asking for a arceus moveset if he doesnt have one.

Also, In this thread.
    https://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=106712
    He already received a warning, so you can expect something terrible to happen to him. >=)

Voltagenic

got djent?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2011
    Wow, this kid needs to be banned. I think you guys should just stop beating around the bush with these warnings, and bring the ban hammer down.

Anyway, when I was banned for "art theft" at another forum, at least I had legit reasons: I didn't know who made the stuff.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back