• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Going back to the future...

So what do you choose?

• I wanna go back in the past

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • I'm going in the future

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • None

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • I honestly don't know

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
  • Let's say you had either the power to go in the past and change some things you done you're not very proud about or make a trip to the future to see what you'd be like in a few years, what would you choose and why?

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I would want to go to the past. Not to change anything but to relive stuff. I never want to know about something in the future. I'd rather not know than worry about it til it happens.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • I would...hmm....I would just stay in the present. I dont really care about seeing how I look in the future and my past is a bit rough. I am fine the way things are

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • Neither, honestly.

The past shouldn't be changed, but accepted, and the future comes soon enough. Besides, tomorrow isn't set in stone anyway. Not for me, at least.

Years
  • I'd go to the future. See who I've become, if I like it I won't change anything when i get back to the present. But if I'm not really keen on that person, I'll find out what made me like that and then actively take steps to avoid it in the present.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I would definitely not do a thing.

Sure, I have some moments (or several) in the past that I would have liked to do something differently, but that doesn't mean I wish I could re-do it. Every mistake in my past has taught me something and has lead to the man I am today. I look back and can't believe I did some of the things I did, but if that means I would lose even the tiniest part of who I am today, I wouldn't do it. I like who I am and wouldn't change me if I could.

Well, that came out a little more serious than I first intended it to be...

Sirfetch’d

I'm a person who wants the future to be a surprise so naturally I would not want to venture into the future at all. Going into the past is much more enticing for me. I have made countless mistakes that I would love to go back and correct and if I ever had the ability to do so, I definitely would without any hesitation.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Personally, I wouldn't go either way.

Sure, I've made mistakes in my past, but going back to fix them would change so much for me now. I don't think I could handle that. So I agree with what Slayr said above.

As for the future, I will definitely say no. I mean, what if you found out something terrible, and when you went back to the present it was all you could think about? I would be scared, honestly.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I think I'd go to the future 'cause I want to see what the future looks like, and how I turned out as a person. If I turn out to be a huge jerk, then I know what I'll have to watch out for in the present. If I turn out to be a nice person, then I'd stay the same way I am now.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Can I just go to the past and do nothing? Like, I would totally go back in time just to figure out how the dinosaurs became extinct or to see the Dodo bird.

I honestly see no reason in changing past behavior. I would rather be a real person and deal with whatever I did, like everyone else. I would not want to see future me either because whatever is there, I'm most likely going to want to try to change it in the present.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    I would go back to when I was 16 and not fail out of college. They weren't even serious classes. Just arts. And I failed. Ugh.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I would love to go back to the 90's and relive every day like it was my last. In my opinion, that was the best decade, growing up and stuff.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    No. What if time paradoxes occur? And shouldn't the things I've done wrong in the past teach me about life? Why would I want to correct anything I did wrong when I did wrong for very good reasons?

As for future travel, no thank you I'm fine being in the present.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2015
    I think I would go to the future. I honestly am not sure what my future beholds, and the thought of it scares me. So I would choose to go to the future to see whats happening. Then, if I dont like it I can try to avoid it. If I do like it, then I'll stick to what I am doing lol.

Faye Rose~

Resilient
    Years
  • I would go into the future. Looking back at my past, sure I have done some stupid things but I don't think preventing those things from happening would put me in a better situation now. I firmly believe that everything that happened in my past happened for a reason.

I would go to the future and cross my fingers I don't end up like I think I am going to. Which is being 30 with nobody to love :(

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • What makes the future exciting is not knowing what's going to happen the next day. It's certainly scary, but I rather not know what's to come or when it happens. There are some things I've done in the past that I'd like to change though, most of which are decisions I've made that affect me today.

Back