• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Going in circles

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    i frequently have no idea where i am lmao. if i am paying attention to where i am walking i can find my way back perfectly even via a different route but- i usually don't pay attention. and if i get into a vehicle i suddenly have no information in my head at all.

i also do not have a good head for cardinal directions. for a full decade of my life i thought the highway was north of my house. it is south. my mental map of the area is still completely upside-down and i have to stop and turn it around before giving directions. also i can't read maps. its a mess :P

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    As Ivysaur can confirm, my spacial awareness is not keen. I'm just not strong in memorizing new places or following directions to get somewhere I haven't been.

Years
    Happy to say that I don't get lost that much so long as I've already been to a location at least once. I naturally always take mental notes of common landmarks, whether it be on the road or in big buildings, so I can mark places I've already been in and prevent wandering.

Also it helps that I'm often still too shy to ask for directions, so being able to do it myself is a blessing.

Years
    I can always find my way back whatever path I took while heading somewhere. It has yet to let me down =D
    I'm pretty good with maps so I will usually find wherever I'm headed if I haven't been there yet, provided I actually have a map and the address =p

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I am never lost because, either I know where I go, or I use Google Maps every single time I go somewhere new ^^"
    (That's cheating I guess)
    So I wouldn't say I have a good sense of direction because it's not something I've ever worked on.

Back