• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Gold comparison

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It's basically the style of drawing that makes him look so thin compared to the older version.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The new Gold's pants were a bit irritating to me at the end of the pants. I'd rather the old Gold's pants, but these new ones are okay I guess.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I did too, the pants I mean, it just seemed more suited for an adventure than having it closed in at the end.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    ... Actually, I take back about what I said about new!Gold looking younger. He looks more like he's thirteen, but I think that the older one could pass off as a ten year old.

... That is how old they're supposed to be, right? Ten? Or have I gone insane? D:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Ten is the right age, and I always thought he did look like ten with the new look.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Yeah I would say the new Gold looks like a 10 year old. Possibly 11 too, but either one he looks like he could be that age.

The old Gold looked a bit more tougher but I don't mind this new one.

ravenboy9

Arkansan Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2021
    I like the old one better.....I believe one punch could brake the scrawny new Gold in half.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I liked the tough look in the old Gold because it was different from most male roles in the game. Plus, it gave him personality just by the look of him. That is one thing I miss in the new Gold.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    They made some give and takes when it comes with the old Gold compared to the new Gold. They gave the old Gold the tougher look, and they gave the new Gold the innocent look. They gave the old Gold the older look, and they gave the new Gold the more 10 year old look. Plus many more give and takes with this too.

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
    I wished the front bit of his hair was a bit bigger like the original... but everything else I'm cool with. They changed too much of the girl though...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I want to see a side by side comparison of Heart and Kris.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they made the hair [/in front] bigger than they would have definitely need to raise it more at the bend, ot else it might look a little too long on the new Gold.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    One thing I never mentioned, I personally like ht ebag on the new Gold better than the Old Gold. It's more free style, while the old one looked like a solid bag. Anyway, I guess that is what happens when new styles come into play.

Back