• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Gold, Silver, or Crystal?

Gold, Silver, or Crystal: Which is best?

• Gold

Votes: 21 16.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 26 20.8%
  • Crystal

Votes: 78 62.4%

• Total voters

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
Years
  • I had a silver version I liked very much but lost it some time while I was in Washington... My poor Lugia :( Anyways I still have my Crystal version I play occasionaly and find it fun. I really liked the Johto Kanto mix. But I guess its what you want. Ho-oh is in gold, Lugia is in Silver, and they're both in Crystal but harder to get.

>.>

Actually, both birds are in all three games. In Gold, a man at Pewter City gives you the Silver Wing, and in Silver, the man gives you the Rainbow Wing.

~Fire Eagle~

The Advanced Trainer
    Years
  • I liked Pokemon Crystal better than Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Silver because it had better graphics, animation, and a better plot.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    probably Crystal but silver is the only one that I actually owned, I was a cheeky one who solved the masterball problem with the duplication trick

Myuuuuuuuuuuuu

Not Mew! Simply MY and 12x U
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I think I would choose Silver.
    I always played it when I was young.
    And I think the sprites are looking better in
    Silver as in Pokémon Gold.
    I don't like the Crystal Sprites

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • I liked Crystal the best. The graphics were wonderful, and you could catch more Pokemon. Plus, going to Kanto in Crystal was soooooooo much fun <3

HiroUey

Pokemon Master of Masters!
    Years
  • Gold, it was my first, and i just seem to like it better, i also have crystal, not much difference, the pokemon just move and a somewhat tweaked storyline

Years
  • Silver. Crystal is awesome, but Silver is where it all started for me so it'll always be my favorite.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    From a technical standpoint, Crystal will always win due to what it introduced to the Pokemon industry as a whole (the ability to choose a female character, among other things) and the improvements on the issues of the previous versions. However, from a personal standpoint, it's Silver. Why? Nostalgia, I suppose.

Years
  • Crystal is a little bit better all around, but that's only because it's the third installment, so it kind of has to be. I liked Silver most though. I thought Lugia was one of the coolest Pokémon when I was younger; that and the fact he had Aeroblast in Silver.

Maelstromk

The Dead Philospher
    Years
  • It's a very tough choice, I like Crystal alot because that game was just revolutionary in it's time (the animated sprites for example). But in the end, I would still have to go with Silver because that is the game I just spent the most time on as a kid...

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I have to go for Crystal, because I finally got to choose to be a female trainer! That by itself makes the game the best of the three, but I liked the other features as well.

dotKarma

FCs in Sig
    Years
  • Gold, because it was my first Pokemon game ever and it got me hooked. Crystal was fun, too, but I mainly remember my adventures on Gold

Kayin

Local Champion
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    I loved them all. I like Crystal though because when you get a phone call, the dialogue actually has some variation.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • Crystal because it included many things from both versions and more. Though unfortunately if you wanted to complete your pokedex you needed Gold version as well as previous R/B/Y versions. Since Gold had version exclusive pokemon while Crystal had pokemon from Silver.

Back