• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Gold/Silver Remakes: I'm tired of the..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 15, 2009
    "Everyone in my family and all of my friends are saying it, they have all their friends saying it. Mostly not on Pokecommunity but people on Bulbagarden and Gamespot forums are complaining. Everywhere I go--except of course on this forum(Some here too) are complaining about how much they HATE Gold and Silver. They start trashing all the individual pokemon and characters too. Around me, and some of the other forums, it's everywhere. I'm really tired of it. Especially when all these people hated D/P/P just a week ago."

Well if nobody on this forum is bashing it, but more so on Bulbagarden and Gamespot, why don't you post this on their respective forums? Doing so here just makes you look impatient and ignorant, as myself and posters above me haven't noticed those who dislike the remakes on this particular forum.

Just a few words of wisdom. ;)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The rant is pathetic and your assumptions are worse. Honestly, if you don't like what people have to say then take it up with them, not the whole community. In addition, it's true not everyone likes Gold and Silver, not everyone likes Platinum. We all have our own opinions, but you ranting on them all like that is a waste of time, especially space for something more important.

Sloofish

★Cannibal Psycho Soft For Pkmn
    Years
  • BlueSnowHoundoom:: Woooaaah. Where have you seen this? I have never seen anyone say things like this. Most people are really excited for these games. Where have you seen people say things like these? On this forum?

The first whole part of my post BlueSnowHoundoom DID NOT READ:: Mostly not on Pokecommunity but people on Bulbagarden and Gamespot forums are complaining. Everywhere I go--except of course on this forum.

Read other people's posts before you reply, please.

Penumbra: there's a simple solution: DON'T GO TO THAT THREAD!

Penumbra's OWN user title: You're still reading this!?

Why are YOU in THIS THREAD?

Read your own post before you reply, please.

Lastly, this is a thread to see if anyone agrees with me that people who hate G/S/C should go play something else. It's not a thread saying that I'm the only right person and that everyone else on the site hates Pokemon and that YOU the reader hates pokemon and therefore I hate you blah blah blah.

Quit taking things personal. I said people not even ON this site don't like it, and said THE people who don't like it should quit complaining.

I never said you. None of you.

If you LIKE G/S/C, YOU'RE NOT WHO I'M TALKING ABOUT.

:B / Rant.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    I agree. The only thing I would hope they add is to revamp Kanto, and to add a bit more post-pokemon league.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    you realize, of course, for the sake of the game itself, there has to compatibility. Compatibility means there will be 4th gen features in the remakes of the 2nd gen games. I doubt it would sell much, otherwise.

Years

• Everyone in my family and all of my friends are saying it, they have all their friends saying it. Mostly not on Pokecommunity but people on Bulbagarden and Gamespot forums are complaining. Everywhere I go--except of course on this forum(Some here too) are complaining about how much they HATE Gold and Silver. They start trashing all the individual pokemon and characters too. Around me, and some of the other forums, it's everywhere. I'm really tired of it. Especially when all these people hated D/P/P just a week ago.

Hate generally being the word they use.

Thank you for pointing that out for me.

That part I can understand. Like how FireRed and LeafGreen are third generation games and look exactly like Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald games.

But the whole "WE CAN'T HAVE THEM USING POKEGEAR THEY NEED THE POKETCH OR I'M JUST QUITTING HANDHELD POKEMON FOR GOOD" type stuff is what completely mystifies me.

then un-subscribe from the forums if you're so sick of it. idk what to tell you bro

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Sneaky Panda has a fantastic point here. If you haven't seen much complaining on PC, why are you complaining about the complaining here?

Yes, these people may have hated D/P/P last week, but a lot of people are hypocritical morons. Don't complain about that to us, who apparently haven't been doing much unreasonable whining. Go present this idea to them and see how they take it.

And maybe you should read your own post before you put it where everyone can see. If your complaint wasn't for PC, you should have made that clear. You also should have made it clear on what we are to agree/not agree on.

"This is what Nintendo wants to do. I'd really personally REALLY like it if everyone quit talking about SINNOH in this thread. There's a whole other thread for that. Who here agrees with me on any of this."

From this, it sounds like nobody should mention Sinnoh in the HG/SS board. And people are going to talk about Sinnoh, whether you like it or not. We need something to compare it to, and D/P/P is the closest were going to get (other than the orginal G/S/C, of course.)

I like G/S/C. You're not talking about me. But, still. A rant about rants? On a place where the rants don't really exist? And the 'I don't want...' thread doesn't count as complaints, folks. Those are poeple who are just worried some less-than-necessary features are going to replace something we really want.

But the whole "WE CAN'T HAVE THEM USING POKEGEAR THEY NEED THE POKETCH OR I'M JUST QUITTING HANDHELD POKEMON FOR GOOD" type stuff is what completely mystifies me.

I agree with you here. This just means people are morons. Ignore them, get over it, and move on.Don't complain about complaints; you just make yourself look like a hypocrite.

Sloofish

★Cannibal Psycho Soft For Pkmn
    Years
    Sneaky Panda has a fantastic point here. If you haven't seen much complaining on PC, why are you complaining about the complaining here?

Yes, these people may have hated D/P/P last week, but a lot of people are hypocritical morons. Don't complain about that to us, who apparently haven't been doing much unreasonable whining. Go present this idea to them and see how they take it.

And maybe you should read your own post before you put it where everyone can see. If your complaint wasn't for PC, you should have made that clear. You also should have made it clear on what we are to agree/not agree on.

"This is what Nintendo wants to do. I'd really personally REALLY like it if everyone quit talking about SINNOH in this thread. There's a whole other thread for that. Who here agrees with me on any of this."

From this, it sounds like nobody should mention Sinnoh in the HG/SS board. And people are going to talk about Sinnoh, whether you like it or not. We need something to compare it to, and D/P/P is the closest were going to get (other than the orginal G/S/C, of course.)

I like G/S/C. You're not talking about me. But, still. A rant about rants? On a place where the rants don't really exist? And the 'I don't want...' thread doesn't count as complaints, folks. Those are poeple who are just worried some less-than-necessary features are going to replace something we really want.

I agree with you here. This just means people are morons. Ignore them, get over it, and move on.Don't complain about complaints; you just make yourself look like a hypocrite.

Your points bring up more holes than they fix. People're complaining about me complaining about complaints by complaining. Arguing with me over complaining about it and complaining about my complaining about complaining being in this thread causes complaining about that. If everyone wants me to not complain about complaining, why are they complaining?

Anyhow, I'm complaining here because if I complain to people complaining then it'll start that circle I just wrote, but on a more brutal and RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE filled scale. I don't want to go talk to a bunch of morons because they're really not going to change their mind until a new game to hate comes out. Which is why I'm here talking to people who love Pokemon about how I dislike people who hate Pokemon because here, there's a bunch of people who don't care. There, there is a pack of wolves who are all on the opposite side.

If I don't want my ASH chewed I should post it where no one will read my stupid comment and will get on with their lives. >> Sadly, this thread keeps getting posted in and everyone's raging at me. oO For what they AGREE with. oO..

And your point, why am I even here is kind of the dumbest thing everyone keeps bringing up. Why are YOU here? Because you're a member of Pokecommunity and not somewhere else. Same reason I'm here.

But people who complain about the complaint threads and want me to not go to a complaint thread don't realize THEY'RE going to a complaint thread OF a complaint thread TO complain about complaining about a complaint thread and telling ME how much I don't make sense. .. Do you need a mirror? XD

One thing we all seem to agree on and why the thread was created:::

People who hate G/S/C should shut up. 'Cause it's too bad and it'll be made regardless of their opinion on it.

Why is everyone arguing?

Last edited:

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
  • i still don't know why their are any rant threads if the game isn't even out yet ,I mean give me a break really?
    start your ranting when the game is actually out and we know more about it.
    You're right xD

...Everyone in my family and all of my friends are saying it, they have all their friends saying it. Mostly not on Pokecommunity but people on Bulbagarden and Gamespot forums are complaining. Everywhere I go--except of course on this forum(Some here too) are complaining about how much they HATE Gold and Silver. They start trashing all the individual pokemon and characters too. Around me, and some of the other forums, it's everywhere. I'm really tired of it. Especially when all these people hated D/P/P just a week ago...

Hm... well.. if people from Pokecommunity are not complaining, then why do you post it here? xD That's what I don't understand .°. If they're complaining on Bulbapedia and Gamespot/Gamefaqs, post it there. LOL

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    There are quite a few people who are spreading their hate on G/S/C. You won't see many of them on PC because most of us here are well behaved. You see Sloofish, most of the people bashing G/S/C are either trolls, remake doubters who are butthurt, or people who decide to hate the games to make themselves, "Non-conformist". Granted, there are people who can genuinely not like G/S/C, but like what normal people do when they don't like something, they just don't care and leave us Gen II lovers to their devices.

A much better way to describe it is this:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UnpleasableFanbase

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
  • Sloofish, I totally agree with you on this. I'm sick of hearing these stupid whiny people always complaining about something. Instead of complaining about something, go find something you ENJOY doing. And, if that's complaining, well then, go complain TO yourself.

G/S/C was the absolute best, now why all the hype about D/P/Pt? They hated it until this was announced. Go complain about ice cream or something. At least give the game a chance.

Anyways, I'm not targeting anyone on PC because I know of nobody here that dislikes G/S/C.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • There are quite a few people who are spreading their hate on G/S/C. You won't see many of them on PC because most of us here are well behaved. You see Sloofish, most of the people bashing G/S/C are either trolls, remake doubters who are butthurt, or people who decide to hate the games to make themselves, "Non-conformist". Granted, there are people who can genuinely not like G/S/C, but like what normal people do when they don't like something, they just don't care and leave us Gen II lovers to their devices.

Arrgh...so much complaining! Apparently, across the Internet at least, we ARE one of the most unpleasable fanbases ever. But at least we fought hard for GSC remakes and won HG/SS as our prizes. Honestly, anyone complaining about any Pokemon game (let alone video games in general) should just discuss it amongst themselves, instead of piling up useless threads about how much they hate GSC, DPPt, HG/SS, etc. :\
    I just think we should spend our energy promoting HG/SS (or whatever Pokemon game you prefer) instead of talking about all the negativity abundant in some areas of the Web. And in any case, I'll keep on promoting HeartGold and SoulSilver! :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    Gold and Silver? Best games evar. EVAR! Seriously, I need my Totodile. If anyone does not like my Totodile, I will punch them in the face. Problem solved.

And yes, I've seen people saying G/S sucks on various other pokemon forums.

Years
  • Guys, seriously. Just leave Sloofish alone. Please, stop being mad at him. He's only expressing his opinion. Would you like it if someone did that to you all the time? I think not. Maybe there are members on this site who don't like GSC, too. I know at least a few, but I'm not going to mention who because that would be gossiping. This thread isn't about him; It's about people who wanted GSC remakes then those same people saying that GSC "sucks." He probably got the feeling that b/c people around him don't like it, and there are those on here who don't like it. People are even complaining about the new names. Please, just end the arguing everyone.

If people don't like GSC, then don't come into this area. Just end the arguing and stop bothering Sloofish.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Everything - and I mean everything - gets complained about by someone, somewhere on the internet. Simple as that. It mightn't appear to be the brightest thing ever done, and at times it gets downright annoying when such claims are unfounded and so forth, but it's simply what happens. Just turn a blind eye to it - everyone's going to have different opinions, and some people have fun saying that they hate new things or the such. And some people merely discuss things for the fun of it as well.

Years
  • There are quite a few people who are spreading their hate on G/S/C. You won't see many of them on PC because most of us here are well behaved. You see Sloofish, most of the people bashing G/S/C are either trolls, remake doubters who are butthurt, or people who decide to hate the games to make themselves, "Non-conformist". Granted, there are people who can genuinely not like G/S/C, but like what normal people do when they don't like something, they just don't care and leave us Gen II lovers to their devices.

I'm glad I'm not the only one around here who's stuck on those TV Tropes...XD

Anyway, I understand why Sloofish feels the need to come here to complain about it...sometimes you just need to vent about people, and you don't always want to start a firestorm by calling them idiots and hypocrites to their faces.

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
  • I, personally, think that the Gold and Silver games should be the same as the old ones. Sure, Firered and Leafgreen updated things a little and gave you extra treats at the end because it was a game special. That too, will be true for HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Yeah, they made the HG/SS games look like a total ripoff. I bet if we played the games, it won't even feel like the good old Gold & Silver.

But, I don't think they should just fling in Sinnoh Pokemon or change the layout of the game, remove whole cities and replace them with Sinnoh cities or add Sinnoh gewgaws and gizmos just because everyone likes them.
    I personal think that the D/P/Pt & HG/SS game designs should of been similar to R/S/E & FR/LG, but with better graphics. When D/P/Pt came out, I hate it when the building deigns and the characters look too big, bulky and easily pixels showing. Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver looks like a total rip off.

Everyone just a week ago was complaining about Platinum/Diamond/Pearl and how much "D/P/P sukz arse &&&& R lyk digimon &&& no 1 lyks those gaems &&& there pokaman r ugly"

And

"i mis T old gaems lyk glod & slivre & red & blue & yeller cuz theye iz kewl-R & better-er than stooped d/p/p"
    Uh... no comment.

Now everyone's suddenly all

"GOLD AND SILVER ARE THE WORST GAMES EVER AND ALL THE POKEMON FROM THE SECOND GENERATION SUCK AND THE STORY SUCKS AND THE GAME SUCKS AND THE POKEMON LEAGUE SUCKS AND IT'S NOT SNOWING AND I WANT IT TO SNOW AND I WANT THE GYM LEADERS TO HAVE SINNOH POKEMON AND NEW SINNOH STUFF AND REDESIGN THE MAP THEIR MAP WAS CRAPPY AND I WANT CELEBI BUT NINTENDO HATES US SO WE CAN'T HAVE THEM, I WANT SINNOH BACK"
    The second generation was okay. But I have to say that the fourth generation is far the worst now. Gold & Silver got fun for a little while, then it got boring and repetitive. But the game was still challenging, fun and explorable. Also, why they never had any option to turn the annoying phone off? I am not even a phone person in real life.

Blahbityblahblahblah
    It was a sluggish whining before. Now it's just RAGE.
    Yeah, I'm really disappointed of what Game Freak has done to the Pokemon games now. I can't even enjoy Pokemon games anymore.

Personally, if you want Sinnoh back, go back to playing the game you said you hated last week.
    To be honest, the Sinnoh region was the worst region I have ever experience. It was unorganized, there were no dive spots, you have a stupid underground for secret bases rather than making secret bases out in the wild areas, plus, the secret base deigns are very horrible in D/P, all of them were the same old boring brown caves. The Poffins sucked compared to the Poke'Blocks and the new "Super contests," were slightly worst. And by the way, what happened to the Safari Zone? Why does The Great Marsh even exist? I rather have the Bug Catching Contest from Johto.

Sure, Sinnoh's kinda cool.. the game is the best part. The Pokemon, I kind of like. It's new and creative and I give them a triple A plus for it. But when they're remaking a game, they're purposely trying to be unoriginal---nothing is more unoriginal than a remake of something. It's OBVIOUSLY not going to be Sinnoh, it'll be Gold and Silver with a few tweaks.
    I like the new Pokemon too, but not the Sinnoh region. I like how they had some awesome new evolution forms from the previous Pokemon such as Gligar, Porygon2, etc., but why some new ones were fat? ._.

Gold was the first Gameboy game--let alone Pokemon gameboy game--that I EVER played and yes, the storyline was crappy and outdated for it's TIME ten years ago and will DEFINITELY be outdated now. But, what are you guys complaining about? The gold and silver games have existed this whole time, you weren't complaining before. I personally can't WAIT to start off on that old nostalgic game no matter how 'boring' you other people think it is because it doesn't have a Piplup as a starter choice. I think it was cool just the way it was, and I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing it in partial 3D with all of the glitches removed and bring back some of that old game experience.
    Pokemon Gold & Silver version was alright, but when Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire came out, I was having a blast of fun! But don't forget that the fans time for G/S/C is over because of the dry batteries.

This is what Nintendo wants to do. I'd really personally REALLY like it if everyone quit talking about SINNOH in this thread. There's a whole other thread for that. Who here agrees with me on any of this.
    Well, to me, they are running out of ideas now. For your last question, I can't agree or disagree.
    And for the people who say that R/S/E were the worst Pokemon games, that is a load of b.s. to me. In my opinion, the third generation of Pokemon was the best and Hoenn was the outstanding region out of all of them. R/S/E had the best storyline, Team Aqua & Magma were the best villans and the characters May & Breadan had the best personal and stlye. In the Hoenn region, you can dive down underwater (even into other land areas), make secret bases in the wild, had a gadget to find people, challenges, hobbies and their true classification . The contests were fun, the Battle Frotier was more organized back then. Also the Hoenn region was the most creative place to ever be. With ultimate and excellent landformes. There were volcanoes, ice bergs, power plants, rain forest, spooky towers, nice islands, nice caves, and nice design. No other region had all of these in a ultimate combination. I don't care what people say, Hoenn was extremely fun. Game Freak also did a good job with designing FR/LG, good improvement. But intead of those 7 islands, they should of relased the Orange Islands intead. Only four islands you say? The Orange islands can have the same land mass as the Sevi Islands all together.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back