• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold Vs Silver Relesed!!!

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Gold vs silver is relesed Finally

it includes a full tutorial with screenshots about developing maps scripting and viewing even how 2 distribute your GamMovs

just keep in mind that there is no scripting safeguard when u run your script if you have coded it wrong it will not tell you it will generally just crash the engine.

Feed back on Gold Vs Silver is greatly appreciated thank you to all the supporters on the screenshot topic please post reviews feedback etc for posting on the website when its made

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Your right i could sell it for squillins but im not a product monopolising money shark like microsoft now am i lol its totally free for the time being i mightmake some kind of pro version with advanced scripting like c++ or something but till then this is totally free

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
finally :D *starts working on sprite "comic" gamov* :P

PS:
can we get the 4 layer version working soon? (although I still think people should be able to choose up to at least 7 and then it was up to them how many they would use :P) thanks in advance :D

--EDIT--
I found 2 bugs :\ (so far :P)

1. In the script editor, when you click on "Load Tileset", if you select Cancel it will give you the following error:

Run-Time Error '481' - Invalid Picture

the second one is in the map editor, if you try to save a map with a non supported character it will give u an error saying the character is not supported and will close the program, which means you loose your map ;_;

--EDIT2--

Another one, when you minimize the script editor, guess what? ERROR :D

PS: I'm not doing this to be evil, only so that I can help you improve the program ;)

--EDIT3-- o_O

OK, I managed to cooperate with the errors and made my first GaMov o_O
the problem is, I did everything like you said in the tutorial, there are no errors in the script but it still doesn't play :o

Could you please look at it and try to find out what is wrong with it?
Hiro Introduction

thanks in advance :P

Last edited:

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
this is cool but when i try to enter the player file it keeps telling me that there is something missing

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Okay those errors that you mentiond DarkDragon are all fixed,
There was no problem with you game (i had a slight coding problem :P) so i would advise against using this relese i will make a new relese tomoro that should work any other bugs should be posted between now and when i post the update tomoro

DarkDragon, i did notice in your coding a few little misteaks
Narrator must be a char that isnot visible and all your player must have a faceset named after the charset
Charset name : Hiro.bmp
Faceset name : Hiro-face.bmp
Or the interpreter will crash

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
what about the 4 layer thingy? :D (changes the code)

--EDIT--
Oh, I found another thing that might interest you :)
When you save your script even though it says save as GSP file if you don't write .GSP in front of the name it will save it as a map o_O

--EDIT2--

Does the face file have to be in some format? like 100x100 pixels or smth?

Last edited:

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
i will add 4 layers tomoro :) it wont be hard. i dont really see the reason you need 4 layers but heh

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
oh just noticed another error in your script Dark Dragon :P
you placed the char at like 2,3 or 4,5 its ment to be the second number (thepixel)
128,128 = 4,4

*EDIT
sorry avatar i didnt know you was asking credit i was in a rush to grab some charsets and i just downloaded and closed the window i will include you name in a Credits text document.

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
(dont understand this)Oh, I found another thing that might interest you
When you save your script even though it says save as GSP file if you don't write .GSP in front of the name it will save it as a map o_O

facesets are 40x40

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
ok, found another bug o_O, when you click on Save and then cancel u get an error as well :\

I corrected all errors now but it still refuses to play o_o

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 23, 2006
Problem

My program didn't work, just like Dark Dragon's. I think I programmed it right. If this will be fixed in the release tomorrow, then just say that. I can wait a day.

(Wow, this thread sure is popular :shocked:.)

*Edit* Added Attachment

Back