• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen ~*!*~gold Vs Silver~*!*~

~*!*~SILVER OR GOLD~*!*~

• ~*!*~SILVER~*!*~

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • ~*!*~GOLD~*!*~

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • ~*!*~I NEED HELP DECIDING~*!*~

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • ~*!*~NEITHER~*!*~

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    which sprites do you think are better Golds or Silvers?
    Here is 1 Pokemon
    Pokemon Gold Venusaur:
    ~*!*~gold Vs Silver~*!*~

Pokemon Silver Venusaur:
    ~*!*~gold Vs Silver~*!*~

Well I think that Pokemon silvers are better because it has better color. I really do wish Ruby and Sapphire were like this.

:t094:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    I voted for neither because I personally prefer Crystal over Gold and Silver. However, between the two games, I'm going to have to go with Silver for no other reason than I personally think Lugia > Ho-oh. Though, yes, I've noticed the colors.

enyce

banned
    Years
    I think, some sprites for Gold are better than silvers and some arent. Like I prefer the Totodile silver sprite over the gold one.

Then the Arcanine sprite for the gold version looks better than the silver. But I think silver wins. Because it has more better looking sprites than gold.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    It depends what pokemon it is. Espeon in Silver doesn't look that nice but in Gold it looks cute. But some of the colours in Gold are pale and don't look right, and I prefer Lugia and Ho-oh in Silver than Gold.

Katakoe

Blah!
    Years
    Well, like everyone said, it depends on what Pokemon it is, but I personally prefer the silver ones.. Dunno why, Probably because they where the first ones I saw. xD ~Played silver first~

Alakazizam

Current Status: Not Caring
    Years
    Definitly Silver because too many of the colors in Gold were Dull. Also the pictures in Silver were a lot more vivid and "exciting".

Whiplash

Been very inactive
    Years
    Ill choose gold Because Igot the game 2 years before it came out in the UK and it was my first pokemon game.
    And I also got a shiney on it ( Unown U ) X3.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I say Silver...because I'm biased, and it was Silver that I played. Gold was my brother's version.

But really though...Crystal's sprites moved...

Umasd

I-Am-The-Law
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2006
    Gold definatly. Because everyone seems to buy Silver (atleast from where I am). Plus, I prefer Ho-oh to Lugia

Keruri

Espeon Lover
    Years
    Silver was my first game, it's where I got my 1st espeon X3. I also has some of the better pokemon that you can't get in both games;some of the gold only pokemon arent as good as silvers, I think. Gold is ok though, silver's just my pref. of course, we all really know its all about crystal.... hehe

Aust77

Grass Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2011
    Well I think that the gold sprite looks better.Its much lighter and the mouth isn't open.

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    silver wins cuz silver's better hands down shaddap.....-_-...lol anyway,silver's Venasaur sprite looks better...the other one looks....old.....?....

Keruri

Espeon Lover
    Years
    eh. after looking at quite a few sprites last night, I've decided there's a kind of even balance of terrifying and well-done sprites in both games. Though, Raiku looks AWEful in both gold and silver, they fixed him in crystal thank goodnes...

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2008
    silver's way better.....u get lugia at lv.40 while it has aeroblast....one of the coolest looking moves ever

Back