• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Golf thread

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    did you mean to post this on facebook with the other boomers

Years
    I like golf. I've never been very interested in this game and sport in general, and in my case the attitude changed only because of my sister, she was curious to try it and asked me to join her on special courses. I wasn't very impressed in the very beginning but later I felt the taste of game and really liked it, besides we had so much practice on that courses that it was really enough time to understand if golf is really the best choice for us 😄
    Now personally I'm a rather good amateur player and I play golf usually several times a month with my sister, some friends or just the random people who like this game too. Golf in general is a rather specific game with many rules https://www.randa.org/en/rog/2019/pages/the-rules-of-golf and not much physical activity, that's why it's really liked not by everybody but learning how to play it is possible for many people in fact.
    There are three main things for becoming the good player in it, developing right posture, holding clubs and making swings, and all these things demand much practice which is a problem for many newbies https://golfclubguru.net/the-most-common-golf-mistakes-by-beginners/ (yeah, you need to be patient). Also you don't need to be rich for playing this game (it's a popular opinion), for example many players use rather cheap equipment and used sets.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    my uncle and cousins are actually some of the best golfers in the state of AL so lmao. while i don't play the sport, i did grow up around it bc of them living on a golf course and i'd come over and play in their putting area. i worked at a country club too so there's that. hey when you're a bartender and do your shit right golfers tip pretty well just an fyi

Last edited:
    Years
    I can't golf at all. I nearly hit an old man in the head with a golf ball once and I felt absolutely awful. I was maybe 12 and I never went golfing again on an actual course. I'm not even proficient at Wii golfing!!

Although, I must say that when it comes to mini golf I am truly excellent!

Last edited:
    Years
    I used to play golf every day when I was young and was almost scratch when I was a teenager but that seems like a lifetime ago. I haven't even touched a club in years.

Years
    I used to play golf every day when I was young and was almost scratch when I was a teenager but that seems like a lifetime ago. I haven't even touched a club in years.
    Are you me? Minus the whole scratch thing (I was probably closer to a 10-12 handicap), I used to play all the time from the age of 3 up until my early teens. I can probably count on one hand how many times I've been out on a golf course since graduating high school, though I do miss it a little bit.

Back