• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Gonna Start Fresh?

Master Exploder

AGHHHHHHHH
Years
    • Seen May 19, 2011
    I just finished my national dex on diamond so i'm planning on starting completely fresh (only trading over my event poke's and the ones you cannot actually get in this game, after completing everything else). Looking forward to it!

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2010
    I'm going to start my team fresh, like I always do :3 'cept I cheated a bit in Platinum and traded over a Misdreavus to raise and my Pearl team to beat the E4 'cause I was lazy xD
    I already have my team picked out, names and movesets and all :3

danner704

The Ecruteak Gym Leader
    Years
  • Like I did for Platinum, I'm going to plan my team around now by breeding the Pokémon I want. I think I'll have two Pokémon from Gen. 1, two from Gen. 2, and then 1 from Gen. 3, and 1 from Gen. 4. :P

I wanna breed the ones I want but when you trade them over they disobey you if you don't have enough badges D:

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • I always start fresh and I never trade pokemon from other games (with the exception of version exclusives).
    Once I've beaten Red and everything, then I'll start trading Pokemon just to build up my collection. :P

danner704

The Ecruteak Gym Leader
    Years
  • I always start fresh and I never trade pokemon from other games (with the exception of version exclusives).
    Once I've beaten Red and everything, then I'll start trading Pokemon just to build up my collection. :P

That's what I did with platinum ^^
    I'm planning on completing my national pokedex on SoulSilver because I'll have access to more pokémen ^^

Years
  • ill be starting fresh and ill probably only trade for the events,but i wanna make it feel different than GSC but i always have to have Typhlosion and Ampharos

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
  • Personally, I'm just gonna play the dang game. It's so much more fun that way, if you ask me. I'm not gonna worry about IVs, EVs, Natures, or any of that jazz for a while into the game. Won't be trading until probably after I have all 16 Badges.

Doogle3097

Hola.
    Years
  • I'm basically doing what I did for Platinum-trade 5 Pokémon over and choose a starter.

Last night I was busy breeding and here's my team:
    Swinub-Level 1
    Delibird-Level 1
    Torchic-Level 1
    Zigzagoon-Level 1
    Mudkip-Level 1

And then my starter will be Chikorita.
    I've covered all of the types I use the most, and I tend to stay well away from physic/dark/bug/ghost Pokémon because I always forget their weaknesses and resistances. :P

EDIT: just realised 3 of these are Hoenn and 3 are Johto. As I've never properly used Johto Pokémon, and rushed through Emerald without only 3 uber strong Pokémon...this'll be good.

Last edited:

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
  • I am going to do what my cousin and I did for Platinum:
    Step 1) Use an internet number randomizer to find 12 random pokemon (6 each)
    Step 2) Catch those pokemon on Platinum and make eggs
    Step 3) Send 6 eggs to my game and 6 eggs to my cousin's game
    Step 4) Use the egg randomizer 6 times and then hatch the eggs you end up with!

It's always so much fun to get something exciting and random and keep them for the whole game. Then, after the E4, I might trade a few.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Trading? Nah, I prefer to start with a clean slate every time, catching the team members I want from within the game I'm using them in. I find it to be more fun that way, personally. Plus, if you trade in your favorites, you might overlook something more common but fun. Sure, Gible is pretty cool, but give me Magnemite or Farfetch'd instead.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    I'll probably trade over a Lvl 1 Mudkip to follow me around since I'm not really a fan of the starters, maybe a few other Lvl 1 versions of Pokemon I like that I can't get in SS, but nothing competitive. So, I guess no.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • I have 2 pokemon I plan on trading over to there, but they will be EV trained and that's it. If I decide to trade anymore like that over, I will try and make sure they are from Gen II.

I'm just doing that because I don't want to EV train in SS, mainly because I don't know what pokemon gives what EV's, and where they are located at.

Pikachu Trainer~

PokéDex Project
    Years
  • I normally trade Pokémon over from previous games, but with Heart Gold I am going to try and start over. And I'm going to try not using my starter Pokémon for everything.

Back