• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Gonna Start Fresh?

Esmas

General
Years
  • I'll trade all my Pokémon to HG/SS as soon as I can, but I won't use any of them until I've completed the game. This is because I want to start a new game in Platinum, but I have too many valuable things to just restart and lose everything. >__> But, I might use one or two from Platinum, since HG/SS only limits the obtainable Pokémon to Kanto and Johto :D

Years
  • I'll trade all my Pokémon to HG/SS as soon as I can, but I won't use any of them until I've completed the game. This is because I want to start a new game in Platinum, but I have too many valuable things to just restart and lose everything. >__> But, I might use one or two from Platinum, since HG/SS only limits the obtainable Pokémon to Kanto and Johto :D

uh there is hoenn pokemon in both games

I am starting fresh.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • Yeah, gonna start fresh.
    Where's the fun when you trade over your EVd/IVd/grinded pokemon over to a new game that you play for the first time, sheesh..

rhydonphan

Ground-type Pokemon master
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 14, 2010
    I dont plan on trading anyone over untill I have at least beaten Clair. I kinda just want to relive the experience back from 10 years ago first.

-Sasuke-

ダッジアベンジャ
    Years
  • Well I'm planing on breeding the other two johto starters, with the moves and nature i want. Then trade the eggs to HG. So when they hatch they will be my own and not traded Pokemon.

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
  • In Soul Silver I am trading over a lv 10 surfing Pikachu and trying to get a shiny Espeon that's really low leveled (gotta evolve Eevee still) as well. The rest of my team that I would like to use I can find in the game. With Heart Gold I am planning a totally fresh start. That way I get the best of both worlds.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    I'm getting both. My main one will be Soul Silver, I think, and for that one I will start fresh. For HG, I'm going to go through with already trained pokemon.

Back