• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Good afternoon

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    Hi all!

Short summary about me:

name: Nick
    age: (almost) 20 (which is quite old for a pokéfan? >.<)
    school: university, trying to become an engineer in the chemistry section

my story:

When I was 7/8 years old I got my first pokémongame: Red. Despite I didn't understand English I was very enthusiast since I watched the show on tv. After a while my English knowledge kept growing (so it's thanks to pokémon that I'm "good" at English).

To continue, I don't remember how old I was, but I bought pokémon gold. It was a new adventure and I still get goose bumps whenever I think about that time (I was so excited!). Next I got pokémon silver so I could trade with my pokémon gold. And finnaly I got my hands on pokémon crystal, and up untill now it is still my favorite game.

To end my story (sorry if it's boring you) last Friday (02-17-2012) I got pokémon white. I beat the Elite 4 yesterday! The game brought me back to the days when I was just a kid :p. However I was surprised how much has changed. How knew that TM's could be used like HM's :o. There's a lot to discover and I hope I will find out all of it! Gen I and Gen II are the pokémons I know the best. From Gen III to V I know very little. It's a challenge I'm gladly going to accept.

Well if you get untill here, I need to thank you for reading that story :D.
    I hope I will learn a lot by lurking around the forums here :).

Best regards

Nick

Years
    [SIZE="a"]Welcome to PC, Nick! Dude that's awesome how you learned to be better in English through Pokémon! Your English was perfectly understandable as if it's your native language :) hopefully you can find a lot to talk about here and there's more to talk about here besides pokemon :D feel free to ask any staff here if you have questions and enjoy your time here![/SIZE]

Years

When I was 7/8 years old I got my first pokémongame: Red.

However I was surprised how much has changed. How knew that TM's could be used like HM's :o. There's a lot to discover and I hope I will find out all of it!

Best regards

Nick

Welcome Nick!

quite old, hmm? im 30 and my first game was Crystal, when i was 29 :D
    followed by Emerald, both on Android emulator, and started playing Black on desmume
    bought a DS as a birthday present and playing Platinum right now :)

so You are just a young, experienced Pokémon player

i'll get my Black soon, so if You want to share FC's just throw me a pm and we can trade/battle...play :D

hope You will enjoy this awesome forum!

Years
    Hi all!

Short summary about me:

name: Nick
    school: university, trying to become an engineer in the chemistry section

my story:

When I was 7/8 years old I got my first pokémongame: Red. Despite I didn't understand English I was very enthusiast since I watched the show on tv. After a while my English knowledge kept growing (so it's thanks to pokémon that I'm "good" at English).

To continue, I don't remember how old I was, but I bought pokémon gold. It was a new adventure and I still get goose bumps whenever I think about that time (I was so excited!). Next I got pokémon silver so I could trade with my pokémon gold. And finnaly I got my hands on pokémon crystal, and up untill now it is still my favorite game.

To end my story (sorry if it's boring you) last Friday (02-17-2012) I got pokémon white. I beat the Elite 4 yesterday! The game brought me back to the days when I was just a kid :p. However I was surprised how much has changed. How knew that TM's could be used like HM's :o. There's a lot to discover and I hope I will find out all of it! Gen I and Gen II are the pokémons I know the best. From Gen III to V I know very little. It's a challenge I'm gladly going to accept.

Well if you get untill here, I need to thank you for reading that story :D.
    I hope I will learn a lot by lurking around the forums here :).

Best regards

Nick

Hi Nick, how are you doing so far?

Yeah, Black & White are awesome games and despite some users being disappointed I loved the games through and through!

So, you're from Belgium? Home of the tennis star Kim Clijsters!

I see your English is pretty good for a starter.

So, what's your favorite Pokemon? Mine's Oshawott.

I am also anti-Wikileaks cos of one particular figure (not showing you) who is wanted in Sweden. (whoops, bad pun there)

Read the rules so you don't get into trouble!

- Hikari10, famous for Oshawottz 10x as cute as normal.

Years
    Hi there and welcome! You'd be surprised to how many people actually enjoy Pokemon at older ages.. i'm actually almost 19 and still enjoy Pokemon. :P My first Pokemon was Red as well and i still find it to be one of my favourite games of all time. Crystal was also another Pokemon game that I really enjoyed and i clocked a lot of hours onto it. :P I'm actually the same way and know everything up to second gen while third is a bit rusty.. but Pokemon is still fun regardless of your knowledge on the matter. Anyways hope you enjoy yourself, hope you like it here and hope to see you around! :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    [SIZE="a"]Welcome to PC, Nick! Dude that's awesome how you learned to be better in English through Pokémon! Your English was perfectly understandable as if it's your native language :) hopefully you can find a lot to talk about here and there's more to talk about here besides pokemon :D feel free to ask any staff here if you have questions and enjoy your time here![/SIZE]

Thanks! My English is currently a bit rusty because I haven't been using it for a while ^^. I've already got a question :o when EV-training, is it better to use a pokémon you bred? In other words: does it matter if you use a catched one or a bred one? :)

Welcome Nick!

quite old, hmm? im 30 and my first game was Crystal, when i was 29 :D
    followed by Emerald, both on Android emulator, and started playing Black on desmume
    bought a DS as a birthday present and playing Platinum right now :)

so You are just a young, experienced Pokémon player

i'll get my Black soon, so if You want to share FC's just throw me a pm and we can trade/battle...play :D

hope You will enjoy this awesome forum!

Haha nice! It's cool to hear that (forgive me for my word choise) old(er) people still enjoy playing pokémon!
    Great to hear that you're getting pokémon black ^^ I'd like to share FC's with you (as soon as I figure out where I can find mine :p).

Hi Nick, how are you doing so far?

Yeah, Black & White are awesome games and despite some users being disappointed I loved the games through and through!

So, you're from Belgium? Home of the tennis star Kim Clijsters!

I see your English is pretty good for a starter.

So, what's your favorite Pokemon? Mine's Oshawott.

I am also anti-Wikileaks cos of one particular figure (not showing you) who is wanted in Sweden. (whoops, bad pun there)

Read the rules so you don't get into trouble!

- Hikari10, famous for Oshawottz 10x as cute as normal.

I find some pokémon rather dissapointing, but most look awesome to me :). As for the English, forgive me for some grammatical errors, it'll be better as I'll be more active on the forum :).
    Btw, Kim Clijsters is stupid :p nah, I just don't like tennis :D.
    Favorite pokémon: Alakazam :)

Hi there and welcome! You'd be surprised to how many people actually enjoy Pokemon at older ages.. i'm actually almost 19 and still enjoy Pokemon. :P My first Pokemon was Red as well and i still find it to be one of my favourite games of all time. Crystal was also another Pokemon game that I really enjoyed and i clocked a lot of hours onto it. :P I'm actually the same way and know everything up to second gen while third is a bit rusty.. but Pokemon is still fun regardless of your knowledge on the matter. Anyways hope you enjoy yourself, hope you like it here and hope to see you around! :)

Alright! Pokémon red as first game FTW! :D On pokémon red I think I got about 1200+ hours and pokémon crystal was a round 800-ish :D I was very addicted back then :).
    I'm trying to learn everyday a new thing of the new generations :).

Last edited:
    Years
    im not old(er), just a guy who loves playing balanced games with friends.
    i've played WoW, Aion, Lineage...etc. and many single rpgs like Skyrim, but i can stop playing this...the system, the balance, the cuteness :)

awesome games to have fun. and when i play i want to enjoy the game. this game is Pokémon. period :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    Ok sorry :D I also played WoW :) yet pokémon is a bit more relaxed to play, no pressure :).

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    HI there nick! Engineering for the win! I am also in the university, taking up mechanical engineering. :) anyway, no one is too old for pokemon! I am ixteen and I don;t consider myself old. Nor any other member here. many here are 20+ already, and we love them anyway.

welcome to PC! :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    HI there nick! Engineering for the win! I am also in the university, taking up mechanical engineering. :) anyway, no one is too old for pokemon! I am ixteen and I don;t consider myself old. Nor any other member here. many here are 20+ already, and we love them anyway.

welcome to PC! :)

Awesome a fellow engineer(to be) :D I'm now sure that age doesn't have an influence on whether you like pokémon or not. I convinced my 18-year old brother to buy a DS and pokémon black ^^ He saw me playing/enjoying it and he got nostalgic :).

Back