• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Good/Bad sprites.

Fyre

When Angels and Serpents Dance
Years
  • Meh, These are my sprites as of Oct. 3.
    Crit? =]] Yes, I know. The Drifloon looks very very constipated...Not literally. So don't crit that one. =]] Ready??
    Good/Bad sprites.

Last edited:

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
    Years
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    those are really good!
    did you really make those by urself?
    I don't know if i can ask this but u wanna join my team (Iz not a hack)?
    pm!

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
  • NO THSE R NUT RLY GOOD LOL!!111

First off, you saved as a .jpeg. That is a mistake. I'm sure I would find these less annoying if they weren't in .jpeg format.

Because it is obvious you're a beginning spriter, I'll let your collection of pure recolors and Copy+Pastes go. But I suggest you stop doing them, because they require no effort at all. Work on something that requires more effort, even some fusions require more effort than that.

Frankly, your recolors require no effort, we'll ignore them. Your fusions are copy+paste. That can be a semi-good thing, if you can Copy+Paste well and make it fit in to the sprite. You also seem to like doing as simple fusions as possible. You want to make your fusions complex, but not overcrowded.

Instead of fusing Pokemon to make a Pikablu, try more to create new Pokemon using existing Pokemon pieces. Now I don't mean sticking a Pidgeot wing on Ledyba and calling it a new Pokemon. What you should try to do is use multiple different Pokemon 'pieces' and blend them together in such a way that it is hard to tell what parts it is made of. Recoloring, of course, does help.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Your fusions are bizarre-looking -- copy-pasting without any regards to placement of the copy-pasted part. Try to work on this in particular.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • it's always fun to make em though...

anyways, if you want some good tips, go see the tutorial in sethcullen's thread. you recolors arent that bad, they are funny with the shading though. snorlax's bright spots are from the top, and you have one on his butt... lol x)

your fusions have good recoloration, and the bidoof/misdrev one is pretty good, as well as mew/umbreon. fix the funky striped shading on peliper's tail though...

as for any where you added wings, well that's the thing, they look "added". you need to make them look more natural.

Don't get discouraged, and Keep Spriting!!!

kay3o

B)
    Years
  • Ewww

My eyes.. there bleeding.

I'm not saying anything until you save it as .png or .bmp.. well anything other than .Jpeg

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    Ewww

My eyes.. there bleeding.

I'm not saying anything until you save it as .png or .bmp.. well anything other than .Jpeg

These sprites are fine, but PwNaGe
    LOL.

These recolors have some ugly palletes, but there done great!

The fusions need work still, but everyone starts somewhere. And still, there not bad!

Back