• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Good manhwa's?

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2015
    Hey everyone, seeing our membership of this forum I suppose we're all into anime/manga, but I was just wondering if any of you are also (a little bit) into manhwa (comics from Korean soil)? I'm starting to read a little manhwa myself and think it's quite fun (doesn't mean I'm less interested in anime/manga btw ;) ).
    Any of you that are familiar with manhwa please share your favorite ones. Tower of God is one of my favorites and I recently discovered a nice new one called Love Maker, which is a pretty funny take on Cupid, the God of Love (you can find it on the Huffington Post (though it may be a little bit hard to find) and you can find it on this new platform called Spottoon).

I'd love to hear which manhwas you liked best and would recommend :) please share!

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Out of the ones I've read, I really like these:

The Breaker (full-blown shounen with great art. although sequel is lackluster, the original is awesome)
    Kubera (art is not great but the story is pretty damn nice)
    Unbalance X Unbalance (super ecchi but it has a nice story and I'm a big fan of the art)
    Girls of the Wild's (Art is fantastic but story kinda doesn't move much. But still a good read)
    Skill of Lure (Great art and entertaining story + characters. Slightly ecchi)

These are the only ones that come to mind right now. I'll get back at this thread if I remember more. :3
    I myself tried getting into Tower of God. Couldn't get past chapter 60ish, though. Just didn't see the hype it had. It was okay but definitely didn't live upto the expectations other people made me have before reading it. Maybe I'll give it a shot again - only this time, I'll go in with a black slate and without any expectations.

Edit: Oh, and I've heard that Noblesse is excellent. So, like the poster above says, might wanna try that out!

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
    Years
    Witch Hunter is one of the first shonen action manhwas I've read, which if you get past the Soul Eaterish premise, is one of the better ones in terms of quality imo.

I've read Tower of God as well, but tbh the hype petered out around after the start of the second arc where the pacing got slow.

Noblesse is a good read too, until you realize that it becomes formulaic in the sense that the "mildly tough good guy gets whooped by badguy which gets whooped by tougher goodguy which gets whooped by big bad arc boss which gets whooped by Raizel-nim" is literally the same for every arc that it becomes a chore so I dropped around when they revealed Rai's werewolf friend.

I second derozio's notion on The Breaker. Pretty much what I wanted to say about it.

Years
    The only one I can really think of is Gwisin Byeolgok. Interesting one about gods, demons, and general spirits, with good plot, art, and pacing.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Noblesse is definitely good if you want to get into Manhwa. I still enjoy ToG for the world moreso than the actual story. I've started reading D.I.C.E in the past few weeks and it's been keeping my attention at least so it might be worth checking out. The first few chapters are a little slow but it picks up.

Byakk0

The Expert Mapper (In my dreams :\)
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2016
    Try these,I think they're quite good(IMO):
    The Gamer
    DICE
    Dead Days
    Aisopos
    Orange Marmalade
    Transfer Student Storm Bringer
    Soul Cartel