• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

good moveset for dusknoir?

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2007
    Do you think this is a good moveset for a Dusknoir? I'm new here and I don't really know very much about EVs and IVs, so any suggestions would be great.

Dusknoir/careful nature/focus band

Confuse Ray
    Will-o-wisp
    Pain Split
    Shadow Punch/Focus Punch/Protect (not sure about this last move)

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2008
    Don't use shadow punch, since Dusknoir has mediocre attack. Go for Night Shade.

I'll bandy around two interesting sets I've used.

Calmnoir
    Nature: Bold
    252 special attack/252 defense/4 special defense
    Item:Leftovers
    Calm Mind
    Pain Split
    Shadow Ball
    Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Hidden Power Fighting/Dark Pulse/Focus Blast

This is a pretty awesome getup. Once you start Calm Minding, you become a fighting force as an unlikely sweeper with a move that will restore you to full health, and dent the opponent as well. Shadow Ball is your default sweeping move, though hp fighting or focus blast is nice to have something against dark types. Ice Beam or Thunderbolt really only warrant using if you're desperate for type coverage. It needs some time to get started, but once it does you can take and dish out heavy punishment.

Pseudohazer
    Nature: Impish
    Item: Leftovers
    252 hp/120 defense/136 special defense
    Mean Look
    Confuse Ray
    Destiny Bond
    Night Shade

This is something of an unusual Dusknoir that's meant to get a single ko to force a switch and exit to stage right. The idea is that if your opponent has been statbuffing, or proving all around problematic (think of, say, a nasty choice scarfer), you keep using Destiny Bond to force a switch. If they refuse, they lose a pokemon. If they do, whoever comes in eats a confuse ray. From here on in, you can safely use Mean Look to trap them, and either deplete their health with Night Shade or let them knock you out, feinting them with Destiny Bond.

Enjoy.

Darkrai64

Pokemon expert trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2009
    Do what I did to my my Dusknoir.

Thunder Punch
    Fire Punch
    Ice Punch
    Shadow Punch

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Wha? HUH???? HUH??!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!? I am about to cry.

Dusknoir@Lefties
    Trait: Pressure? Was it?
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 172 DEF/172 SP. DEF/164 ATK

Shadow Punch
    Pain Split
    Will - o - Wisp
    Destiny Bond

*It was something like this....

Back