• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Good partners for a Mega Scizor?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Stuff that resists or is immune to Fire is usually a good place to start, seeing as how Scizor's one type weakness is a 4x to Fire, and Fire types can also absorb Will-o-Wisp and other burn moves, cuz Scizor hates burns too.

RisingMaster85X2

BuddingMasterTrainer
    Years
    Yeah I figured a will-o-wisp absorber would be a prudent choice but I will need something to cover the absorber afterwards hmm...

I think another poke I could use would be gyrados but I'm not sure on that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2015
    I think Heatran is a really good switch-in because of its Flash Fire ability which absorbs the fire-type move. It also has high special attack and can learn Earthquake or Earth Power to take out the opposing fire type quickly enough.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Ground or Rock types are also really good against Fire Users, so, maybe pokemon like Landorus-T or Landorus-I can set up pivots for you there, or it can just use Earthquake to beat those Fire types. Gyarados is also pretty good dealing with Fire types, but you can also think about other stuff like.. Psychic types who lure in dark pokemon, Mega Scizor can come in, and hit them with a bug move for your Psychich types to breathe easier too~!

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
    Scizor also does a good job of sponging the Earthquakes and Earth Powers that Heatran invites. I usually seal the deal with a Slowbro, for Water types. You can go far with this combo.

I did something similar in Battle Maison the other day and got about 40-50 battles in before getting outwalled.

RisingMaster85X2

BuddingMasterTrainer
    Years
    Would you recommend a rotom-w? I should be able to get another one with perfect/near perfect IVs and the like. I am also considering maybe changing my scizor's moveset
    M-Scizor
    Item: Scizorite
    EVs: 252 HP 216 SP Def 40 Atk
    IVs: all 31 except Sp. Atk
    Moveset:
    BP
    Bug Bite
    Roost
    Knock Off
    Good partners for a Mega Scizor?

So I was thinking maybe change up one of these moves. Replace Bug Bite with U-Turn, or change knock off with swords dance.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    If it's for the battle Maison I suggest a Greninja lead and then Heatran and Mega Scizor. I used this team in Super Singles to beat it. The strategy is to lead with Greninja and take out as much as you can (for the most part he can sweep a lot of teams at the Maison), and if he goes down bring in Scizor to either continue sweeping or bait Fire type attacks to switch to Heatran and activate his Flash Fire.

Greninja@Life Orb
    Protean
    Timid
    252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam
    Grass Knot
    Hidden Power Fire

Heatran@Air Balloon
    Flash Fire
    Calm
    248 HP / 192 SpDef / 68 Speed