• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Good places to grind your pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    EDIT: LEAF GREEN
    Hey there guys, Im currently leveling a team.

Venasaur
    Raichu
    Ninetails
    Vaporeon

I got them all to 60 using Vs Seeker at Kindle Road in one island. Im working on getting national dex now. Any good places to grind wild pokemon or spamming vs seeker? Also im thinking of what two pokemon to add as my last two on the team, im thinking of throwing in Articuno for ice, cant think of a sixth and i kind of want to replace venasaur, i really only use him to put legendaries asleep to catch haha :D

Last edited:

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Ok, now i know I haven't posted in PC in FOREVER. But i'm dropping by for a bit.

I saw this thread and it reminded me of somethign I did long ago.

Now in Leaf Green, this is how I grinded all my pokemon to 70's before having the 5th badge. - I'm serious not a joke -

On cycle road, from Ecruteak, there is a group of 6 cyclists, who all have weezings / machops / machokes w/e. Using the vs seeker, ou can usually net 3-4 re-matches with these guys, netting about 5,000 exp for 2 people. Seeing as their weezings and the likes all give about 1000~ exp per and some of their smaller stuff gives 4-500 you can grind very fast here. Simply vs seeker, let the bike ride you down a ways. Fly back to ecruteak, rinse, repeat. You don't have to grind as high as I did, but you can GRIND your butt off and get lots of exp and good exp with only a few hours of work.

If you are wanting to train electric / grass pokemon and want to get lots of exp as well, south of Fuchisca city, on the way to seafoam island, at the bottom right, there is a group of 4-5 swimmers all in a circle. swim directly south from fuchisca city PC and use the vs seeker to get LOADS of exp for your electric types here. The cool thing about this is, most of their pokes give sp. att EV's which is very handy for the game in general. I personally used this to train a pikachu to level 60 before finally evolving it into a Raichu.

Try it out, I posted this ages ago and got a lot of good feed back. These clusters of trainers are my favorites, but you can find a good bit more later on in the game. The only problem is that they are a bit more annoying to return to, wehre as the groups I spoke of is simply a short ride / walk / surf. Repels are also useful for the water trainers as well, as you'll keep from getting annoyed by pesky pokes.

Hope it helps!

-StrickeN

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    thanks bro, im gonna try this out! ill let you know how it goes!

EDIT: Damn man this place is sick, ninetails is up to 68 and vaporeon just hit 66 great place to grind, gonna get my team to 70 then continute getting national dex and sevii 4-7
    Any tips on what i should use for my last 2/3 spots on my team? i need 2 more and maybe a 3rd to replace venasaur

Last edited:

hack1

Dragon Green
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    On seven island, there are two Pokerangers with lv. 55 Victreebels/Vileplumes. I trained my Salamnece to lv. 100 in a week there.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2010
    For your other two Pokes, I'd recommend a Gengar and maybe Salamence. Also, Arcanine has FAR better stats than Ninetales; he's better than any of the starters as well.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    For your other two Pokes, I'd recommend a Gengar and maybe Salamence. Also, Arcanine has FAR better stats than Ninetales; he's better than any of the starters as well.

Ive done Arcanine before i wanted to do something different, this isnt for competitive, ill make that team later. Ill probably pick up Gengar and Dragonite those are good ideas, now i need a replacement for Venasaur, preferably ice

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    On seven island, there are two Pokerangers with lv. 55 Victreebels/Vileplumes. I trained my Salamnece to lv. 100 in a week there.
    this is what I did for my Tyranitar, Pidgeot, Dragonite, Blastoise and a few others. Also, there are two cooltrainers right by the chansey guy's house a litte ways south of there, they're good for training as long as your poke's have diverse movesets. (The male one's Slowbro is a pain though -__-;)

blue

gucci
    Years
    Well, I think once you've obtained 8 Badges / Defeated the Elite Four, if you use the VS. seeker anywhere, all the trainers Pokemon have increased above 30 or 40, I think, not saying it's right, but I always trained on that group just on Kindle Road outside Mt. Ember with the 2 Karate's and the Karate Girl I think it is, but yeah, best places to train with VS. seeker is Sevii Islands (Levels Reach 60+) Hope this helped.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back