• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Good Plushie Website?

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2013
    Hey guys im a huge fan of pokemon and MLP alike, I assume a lot of the community is like this too.

I was wondering why there are no website for good quality hand made pokemon plushies. I know Toys R Us has squirtle and pokemon but I already have them.

Why cant there be a site like ponyplushies.com but for Pokemon as well as My Little Pony. Its reasonably priced handmade plushies that dont look like crap. If I could find a high quality Mew, I'd be so happy (insert southpark voice)

Last edited:

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • I don't buy custom plushies online. I prefer making my own.

DeviantART used to be a good one for patterns, but now every single plushie pattern there is for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I had a hard time finding a human plushie pattern there two years ago because that's when ponies were taking over dA. (I briefly had an account on dA, but I recently deactivated it.)

You can find plushies of less iconic Pokemon. For example, I have two Frillish plushies - one of each gender. I also have a lot of other plushies. They recently released a few X and Y plushies, but unfortunately they're quite expensive - you might want to wait a few months and then the price will go down. You can find these plushies on eBay, or sometimes Amazon. However, be wary of looking on eBay - you may occasionally get defective or even counterfeit plushies.

Plushies of the human characters seem to be well-nigh impossible to find. The few toys of human characters seem to be Ash, Misty, and other anime leads. If you want a plushie of a Gym Leader, Elite Four member, or Champion, you'll probably have to start from scratch. I made one of Siebold for a friend, and it was one of the hardest plushies I ever worked on (because I had trouble finding a picture that showed him from head to toe, combined with the detailed outfit). Even then, it didn't come out perfect, and I had to work on it even longer - it took me over two weeks to complete. My friend still loves it.

As for doing your own plushies, I suggest you look up official artwork and use it as a guide. You might want to start with a less detailed Pokemon. If you're doing a human character, try doing one whose outfit isn't too complex before tackling a more complex design.

Back