• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Good Politoed Comb

Years
  • Hey guys,

I'm wanting to run a good reliable rain team with a politoed as I think he's a really awesome pokemon but I'm not really sure what to run alongside him. Could anyone give me a list of all the different possible, strong combos that can be used with politoed or any help with movesets? Thanks very much!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Usually rain team have a Swift Swim sweeper or two (Mega Swampert, Kingdra, Kabutops) on the team, so you'll want one of those.

Tornadus-Therian is also good on rain since it handles the Grass types that threaten the obligatory Water type part of rain teams, and has good stuff like a high Speed stat, Regenerator, Hurricane being 100% accurate in rain, etc.

Years
  • Usually rain team have a Swift Swim sweeper or two (Mega Swampert, Kingdra, Kabutops) on the team, so you'll want one of those.

Tornadus-Therian is also good on rain since it handles the Grass types that threaten the obligatory Water type part of rain teams, and has good stuff like a high Speed stat, Regenerator, Hurricane being 100% accurate in rain, etc.

Thanks that's really helped! I think I'm gonna go for mega swampert!

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I would also like to throw out Seismitoad. I've had a lot of success with that toad. Its unexpected, has great coverage and it can run several items, like Choice specs to boost its power even more, Assault vest to boost its defense a bit, and Life Orb.

All I'm going to say is give it a thought as well, Mega Swampert is awesome but don't sleep on the other Toad brother

Years
  • In addition to other Pokemon mentioned, Thundurus and Ludicolo are really useful for dealing with other water-types you might come across. Moltres can be surprisingly useful despite a type that isn't really what you'd expect in the rain. Manaphy and Toxicroak also benefit from rain.

Back