• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Good things that happened in your games

Years
  • i remember back in the mystery dungeon games, I have moments where I'm one hit away from fainting but somehow the opponent misses me. happened even with bosses

#cantseeme

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • Yesterday I caught a shiny Luvdisc by just turning around and hitting a fishing spot in Ultra Moon, first try. I was blown away because that NEVER EVER happens to me at all, I don't even have the shiny charm yet because I'm only on the 3rd island. Last time I encountered a wild shiny without the charm was WATCHOG in W2 6 years ago, and even then I'd just be grinding for fun and clapping them out repetitively so by then I had a chain going. This is like my...second completely random without boosted odds, first if you don't count the above due to the chain. I have like...5 overall, ever, and 3 of those came after the Shiny Charm in Sun.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2022
    I found two shinies in the last month or so. A Diglett in Fire Red that I managed to catch, and a Lotad in one of the very first battles of my current Emerald playthrough but... I accidentally killed him! 😭

Years
  • Like several people here, I found a shiny recently! It was a Caterpie in Fire Red Rocket Edition (rom hack, no boosted shiny odds) and what's great is that I caught it on video too because I was recording. Thank goodness for technology <3.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Unlike all of the above, my only shiny encounter belongs in a different thread. I'm also starting a thread based on a battle I had...
    I guess it would be Using a Master Ball on a full-strength Mewtwo and it catching it first try!
    On my first HeartGold save where I actually beat the game, catching Latias was pretty special: I'd forgotten about it, then it came at me when I was levelling up my Bulbasaur from Prof. Oak on Route 1, obviously couldn't do anything about it; I went to the PC and got my 'A' team out (nobody with Mean Look or False Swipe, sadly) and spent literal hours trying to encounter it to no avail; I got fed up, went back to Bulbasaur, and in almost the exact same patch of grass it appeared again! Frustrated as hell, I just lobbed a Fast Ball at it...shake...shake...shake...sealed!
    It turned out to have a great Timid personality so I EV-trained it and absolutely destroyed the Battle Hall with it too.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2020
    I have only come across one shiny and I have been playing for 7 years and that was a caterpie in firered lol

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2020
    HeartGold and SoulSilver's decision to allow one of your Pokémon to follow you in the overworld was absolutely amazing to see. It allowed you to interact with your Pokémon on a deeper level than you ever had before.

Years
  • Literally just happened to me in a rom hack I'm playing right now lol.

Gyarados one-shot Thrashes my toughest Pokemon. I switch to Marshtomp and risk a Bide. Get down to red on the next Thrash and held item Berry Juice activates. Last Thrash leaves me with 2HP and it hits itself with confusion the next turn! Allowing me to reverse KO it. The RNG gods were with me right there.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    I remember I ran into a couple of shinys during the first few hours of gameplay on Pokemon X & Y. That was pretty cool!

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I found two shiny Seviper in a row in the Friend Safari on Y version and I got Shiny Mewtwo on FireRed after only 86 soft resets.

Years
  • One of my favourite moments off the top of my head has to be in Omega Ruby! I was super excited for that game (as many of us were) and during my first normal playthrough I actually randomly ran into a shiny Electrike under the cycling road, I caught it and used it in my team for the rest of the game! Super lucky find that made me enjoy those remakes all the more, plus it's still in a box in my copy of Moon.

Years
  • Lmao, I definitely remember playing the slots to finally be able to purchase dratini from the game corner in goldenrod. Not really a luck based thing but at the time I was a noob and I felt like I was the only one who knew about it. :p

Years
  • So I'm doing a Nuzlocke on White with limited Pokémon Center usage. And I happened to get my hands on a Throh in outer Pinwheel Forest! That is so good, it'll be great for Lenora and even after that, the stats are solid and it's sure to be a big help.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2022
    In my current HeartGold playthrough my Golbat just evolved into a Crobat at lv 23, right after it evolved into a Golbat at lv 22! I'm not sure I understand how this happened but it's great!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well I finally caught a shiny in the wild a couple of weeks ago - a Gloom, found whilst I was looking for something with a lower encounter rate in Route 48. Kinda perfect as should I use it, I'll evolve it into a Vileplume as I really like the shiny colouration yet don't enjoy the normal look.
    In the same save I had a lot of fun in and around Azalea Town with Togepi's Metronome (I may have posted about this, I forget). Firstly against a hiker in Union Cave it faced up to his Rock-type Pokémon with Mud Sport, Ember, the charging phase of Razor Wind then got KO'd. Then against Bugsy's Scyther, who had a 2HKO on my entire team, it whipped out Sonicboom - a great attack at that level - which used up Scyther's Sitrus Berry, paving the way for the eventual victory. Finally, a couple of lucky hits had Silver putting me in a tricky situation, the little egg whipped out Discharge (with Serene Grace getting the Paralysis) and Hyper Beam to eviscerate his Croconaw!
    After conquering Kanto I got really into EV-training too. I found that Lt. Surge's traded Pikachu had a couple of 31 IVs, then Thiefed a Light Ball off a wild one to breed my own Volt Tackle-possessing Pikachu with great iVs whom I EV-trained then used to destroy Silver - my dual screens Uxie U-turning him in safely, allowing a Nasty Plot boost before sweeping the entire team. Steven's traded Beldum had top IVs too, so its been EV-trained.

Years
  • and Hyper Beam to eviscerate his Croconaw!

Ahaha, something about a Togepi firing out a hyper beam is super funny to me, awesome story though lmao, metronome is such a fun move to play around with. Having a volt tackle Pikachu is really fun too!

Back