• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Good Vs. Evil

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    How about a little more fictional side to OVP?

The evil Drakow has taken over the world, the world has fell into darkness, humanity is weak. Although there is still a glimmer of hope. A special group of people join together and harness the last piece of light left on the earth.
    /ignore flaws in story.

Okay, you're given the chance to join the dark/evil side, let it take over you and gain amazing powers, or try and defeat it with the light/good side, which gives you - idk good powers. Which do you choose? Maybe you could follow your own path instead.

/crappiest thread ever, but contribute. :P

Years
  • I would like to see both Team Darkness's and Team Light's short- and long-term goals, amazing powers available, and retirement plan options in writing before I pick a side. I'm looking for something that will be a low-risk investment, but with the possibility for advancement should I decide I want to go into management. If at all possible I would like to avoid signing anything in blood.

I mean, I'll be one of the good guys and fight the evilbadnasties. Yeah!

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • If I had to have a choice between the two, I'd just be evil. Otherwise...

Spoiler:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • If it were actually me, I'd probably one of those people hiding under a rock until the eventual warfare between Drakow and the Resistance ended. However, if I had to choose, I'd probably end up going with Drakow. I'm quite risk averse, so if it looks like Drakow's going to win from the outset, I'll put my money there, for the most part. But cowardice under a rock would probably be my actual position!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Dark team, ftw! Just because I would like to see how it turns out, and go against the Light team.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Going with the dark team seems quite a lot of fun! :'3 .. After earning their trust & faith to me, I'd probably steal everyone's powers in the dark team and join the light team! Weird, huh? :'x .. I'm sooo evvvvil~

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I never got why Dark is always evil and Light is always good. Can I be someone who gains the amazing powers of the dark side and then I end up using them on Drakow who gave them to me in the first place? Then I get the mighty dark powers and I'm good.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Evil. Because I can live out my childhood fantasy of a life of terror and crime for fun, profit, and power :) Plus they usually have the cooler looks and personalities.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'd choose the good side, I can't really be evil; and the main reason because I would never serve under anyone.

Horror, pessimism and the dark side of the psyche. The means may not always be the most virtuous, but the ends always are. Chaotic good, Mihael Keehl, V for Vendetta, Gregory House; dark side of the good side. I think Drakow is similar to this as well actually.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Well if we get supernatural powers either way, then I'd choose the good side. Supernatural powers are really all I care about getting in this scenario lol. But honestly, I'd have to choose good - I simply don't have it in me to be evil. I can't even stand hurting somebody's feelings, let alone killing people or whatever it is Team Darkness does...

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Darkness fo sho. Although I like what Vendak said about the bad-good side.

Good example of that might also be Hades. He is the Greek god of the underworld, but he is not evil. He is neutral. And my planet is pluto (Hades) so figure.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Scenarios like this feed us the false notion that neutrality is ineffectuality. I feel like I'm playing Mass Effect again.
    Still, of good and evil, the latter tends to be pragmatic, unbound by the artifice of morality in order to achieve ends ultimately as commendable as those of goodness, so I lean its way. More likely though I'd be a vulture in function, circling the field and picking whatever I can from it for my own gain.

Years
  • Firstly I would like to thank everyone who has willingly given their support to my cause, even if you are planning on betraying me in the future.

I would like to see both Team Darkness's and Team Light's short- and long-term goals, amazing powers available, and retirement plan options in writing before I pick a side. I'm looking for something that will be a low-risk investment, but with the possibility for advancement should I decide I want to go into management. If at all possible I would like to avoid signing anything in blood.

As you wish. The following video in conjunction with interpretation skills should provide the reader with sufficient insight into my ideals.

Spoiler:

The Power of Darkness

Read carefully. The Darkness is overwhelmingly powerful. It corrupts and brings ruin to the weak minded. However, those with strong resolve and great potential will gain the maximum benefits from the Darkness. The powers of Darkness generally augment the strengths within an individual, mainly by providing the individual with an associative mutation. Control of this power is essential above all else as failure to do so can cost you your life.

All powers of Darkness suffer a back lash effect which gets progressively worse with frequent use. Physical boosting abilities can suffer from a gradual drain in stamina, a weakening of the muscles and skeletal system and can even reduce your overall life span in the most extreme circumstances. Powers which push the mental abilities of the user have been known to suffer from migraines, depression and in the worst of scenarios, severe mental breakdown.

Not too appealing right? Wrong. Looking at the bigger picture, the powers of Darkness are truly ideal to survive efficiently. In general against a set of opponents a neutral or Light user will on average take longer to eliminate the threat in comparison to a user of Darkness. A skilled user of Darkness will usually eliminate obstacles in a single, pre-emptive strike so while they will suffer from the back lash, they haven't been harmed by the enemy so in the grand scheme of things one is better off.

As far as retirement is concerned, that is of no immediate concern I'm tired of writing and that can be discussed at a later date.

Ideally this has answered the majority of your questions and cleared most of the doubt in your mind.

Regards,

Good Vs. Evil

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I choose Evil! I wish to harness the power of darkness like my lord Drakow! We must all bow to his supremacy! Long Live Drakow!

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
    Years
  • Given the results of my alignment personality test, I'm a Chaotic Good. From that, the comment by Vendak on Drakow's intentions, and the amazing proposal from Drakow (hopefully with a pamphlet I can read before joining), I'd take up those Mental Powers of Darkness as long as I only answer to Drakow himself. I hate listening to multiple authorities at once.

Along with the aforementioned reasons, I would also pick "evil" for the fact that there is no reason to be careful with your powers around normies while you're performing a mission; you wouldn't have to waste more energy to focus your powers on a certain thing/person when you can easily just make a wide-range blast for less cost and more damage. Worst case scenario with this is, "I accidentally killed my henchmen/allies whilst killing a bunch of policemen that surrounded me! Oh well! More where that came from!"

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...XD This thread has made me giggle.

I choose good - since like in Pokemon, evil kinda fails and Ash wins anyway :( PLUS I'm also going to bandwagon Shining's response since the latter part agrees with my mind.

Sorry Drakow, forgive me plz.

Back