• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GOOD WATER POKEMON TO HAVE

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
Years
  • Gyarados, Kingdra, Milotic, Starmie, Vaporeon, Empoleon are the best competitive Water-element Pokemon.

Radikaru

moonrose
    Years
  • Any Pokémon has its ups and downs, and whether they're "good" or not depends on how you train them.
    That said, I always lean towards Empoleon and Blastoise for water types. :3

Ichida

Years
  • I was speaking in terms of when optimally trained up. Blastoise? Meh. Blastoise's stats make it a wall, and even then, not much of one. None of its stats cap over 362. Not much use in the truly competitive scene. Empoleon isn't much beter statistically, but its many elemental resistances make up for that. Only someone smart can take out Empoleon.

Super Puppy

The Jar of Almonds
    Years
  • I've always liked Blastoise, but I only use mine in my Red Version now. As far as good Water-types, I'd say everything mentioned of course, but also Lapras. It's a great Special Attacker.

Ichida

Years
  • Lapras's Sp Attack only caps at 295, which is equal to Blastoise's, who is actually faster than Lapras to boot.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    I think floatzel is pretty strong because my floatzel destroys everything

Ichida

Years
  • I think floatzel is pretty strong because my floatzel destroys everything

Then the "everything" you've been facing must have sucked. Its offensive and speed stats cap at 339, 295, and 361. All that it's got is speed, and there are plenty of better sweepers.

ultranerd57

Hello again.
    Years
  • little off topic

I've always liked Blastoise, but I only use mine in my Red Version now. As far as good Water-types, I'd say everything mentioned of course, but also Lapras. It's a great Special Attacker.

dude having a gallade up next to a rayquaza isn`t the smartest thing gallades stats would never kill much other than an occasional dark or poison type

oh yeah use medicham if you want a psyfighter it has a larger movepool

swampert, whishcash, gyarados, palkia, and empoleon

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 8, 2009
    Depends on what you want.

Gyarados and Floatzel are good for Physical Sweepers.
    Blastoise and Mantine are good for Utility
    Starmie and Octillery are great special sweepers.
    Ludicolo and Vaporeon can stall and annoy for very long periods of time.
    Milotic and Empoleon are good Sponges.
    Wailord and Walrein have meaty HPs and can stay in battle for a while if used correctly.
    Slowbro and Slowking can use Trick Room and sweep a team while walling it.

Back