• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Google's plot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    /facepalm. Yes, Google is trying to take over the world, but still... do we have to worry much? Wait what did i just say? We simply shouldn't use Google

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

I'll probably get a job with Google once I get my CE degrees. I'll help them take over the world and make your world hell. And there's nothing you can do to stop me.

ThatKidMike

yall fuccbois
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    ...What is this, I don't even..

Btw, dr4gon12's sig makes me facepalm, hard.

The S

The Reverend
    Years
  • Notice how it's called the Top 5 "Myths" About Google?

That means none of it can be proven. It's likely all conspiracy theories.

Fact is I have a working relationship with Google. The "taking over the world/internet" bit is a running gag, but it's unlikely to be completely true - especially if you know how the internet actually works.

Besides, if you try to "not use Google", you might as well stay off of the internet altogether. Its technology is integrated into just about everything.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Google has never done anything that isn't in the consumer's best interest, and there's nothing substantiated in that article.

Years
  • Google has never done anything that isn't in the consumer's best interest, and there's nothing substantiated in that article.

This. If you actually read the article, you will see that those myths get disproved. It's sensationalist nonsense like this that has me worried about the world's future, not some information technology powerhouse like Google.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    If you'll note, myth 5 is "Google Doesn't Make Any Money"

...I think I heard the ability to take this seriously fly out the window.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    The OP gets it already; he's dumb for posting a topic about an article that he has not even thoroughly read himself. I don't know why you have 5 other losers repeating the same thing despite it already being crystal clear.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    /facepalm

Myths are myths when its never proven. Google isn't trying to take over the world, or anything. :/

/facepalm

Years
  • The OP gets it already; he's dumb for posting a topic about an article that he has not even thoroughly read himself. I don't know why you have 5 other losers repeating the same thing despite it already being crystal clear.

You'd be surprised how many people have to repeat the same thing verbatim to get someone to be convinced of something that's the truth. It's an especially high number amongst those pre-dispositioned to paranoia.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    To quote many before me: "/facepalm"
    Even if they did "use all of that dark fiber to build its own faster, more efficient version of the Internet" (which is unbelievably unlikely) what negative affect would it have on the consumer?
    Besides in that exact same part of the article it states "We won't know if we're accessing the Internet or Google and for all practical purposes it won't matter,".
    Besides, after finishing school I could just try and get job with them ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back