• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Got a problem and some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2011
    A few months ago i started working on an pokemon ruby hack. I got quite far, but lost interest and stopped with it and eventually deleted it.
    Owke but now my problem. A few days ago i started with another hack, this time of pokemon emerald. I got to rustboro city and from there the problems started. On the route left from rustboro, i did alot of editing and eventually i started testing it, but after i beated the first trainer, something weird happend. My character didn`t move, but the screen did, i bumped into nothing and wild pokemon suddenly appeared. I didn`t know what happened and started with a differnt rom(leafgreen). But there again the same thing happened. I`ve been looking around today, but couldn`t find any answers. So does anybody know what i`ve been doing wrong to trigger this?

And my second question is: Do people enjoy playing a rom hack, where only the route design have been changed? So it not like a total new world, but just with big map design changes?

Years
  • 1)What edits did you do to the ROM? Scripting, mapping or what else?
    2)I don't think so. Even with big map changes it is still the same game, with same events, same Pokémon, same uninteresting plot.

Years
  • This problem comes up too many times, and it always seems to be myself who answers... Hm.
    Well anyway, its easily fixable. The map where your character freezes, someone on that map has the 'Look Down' behaviour setting. Change that to 'No Movement', and problem solved.
    The answer to #2 is, no. As Fabi_Ash said, its the same game, with just a few map changes. New maps make no difference when the scripts are all the same as the original.
    Since most people will likely agree with that, and since I've solved your problem, I'mma close this.
    Closed~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back