• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Got a Song That's Special to You?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    A'ight, I've searched and found no thread anything near something like this.
    Just as what the title says, if you've a song or piece of music that's special to you, jus' say what it is, and perhaps why. :D

For me it's "The Piano: The Heart Asks Pleasure First / The Promise" by Michael Nyman, am listening to it right now. :)
    I've not really got a reason for this, it's just inspiring to me, and makes me sit back and take a moment to contemplate things...

Last edited:

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    A song special to me....weeeeell, one of my favorite songs is "Ascension" by Maxwell. It just gives me a nostalgic feeling from kindergarten and Virginia~

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    Sixpence None the richer - There She Goes.

A girl I love listens to it, so it's very special to me.

mvtm

Years
    I dont have a special song..but this one is nice.

Listen To Your Heart by DHT

Its really emotional.There has been plenty of remixes available, i am not sure which i prefer the best.But surelly the lyrics are good.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Sixpence None the richer - There She Goes.

A girl I love listens to it, so it's very special to me.
    Bit like "Comatose" by Skillet is for me. :)

My special song is "Welcome to my Life" by Simple Plan and my reason is because it is my life song.
    Kewl, reminds me of my "life soundtrack", "Nemo" by Nigthwish.

Thanks fer the posts people, I assume there's more to come too...

Oni Link

~Previously On1 LiN|<~
    Years
    I don't have a single song, but I have a lot of songs that remind me of times, and mean a lot to me. I spent the whole of the Summer this year listening to a Beatles album, and now that Album always reminds me of then. I also have songs that I listened to when I went through a depressive stage (eurgh), and can't help but feel depressed when I hear them. >.<

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    For me, my special song is "Eyes of the Devil" by Seether. It reminds me of last year, where no one exactly liked me. They probably did want me to fail.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Anything not pop music ;) Or rap. Or hip-hop. Or country. Or Classical. Oh my, I hate nearly all music! but actually, several songs I love. "Killer Queen" by Queen was what got me into rock 'n' roll and all that kind of music. Every time I'm battlinbg against a top-notch opponent on Netbattle or am really mad, I play Bohemian Rhapsody and have never lost playing that song :0

I love "Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones to listen to when I'm tired. It's like a luliby(sp). And let's not forget the Beatles! "Hey Jude" and "Here Comes the Sun" I play to calm myself down when I'm mad.

So yeah, I rely on music to heighten my mood. It also eliminates my common headaches ;)

To choose one..."Bohemian Rhapsody" I guess. that or "Somebody to Love." GREAT songs.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2007
    "Ay bay bay" by Hurricane Chris, it has helped me pick up slutty women in da clubs.

Spoiler:

Lumine

Basement Cat
    Years
    Well I wouldn't call it special but
    "The Memory Will Never Die" by Default
    It just sounds so absorbing to me.

AnimeDDR110

Twizzers!
    Years
    Out of many songs that are special too me, the one that stands out the most is Golden by Fall Out Boy. Cruel is the golden rule, and i've cried the tears of the lovers who have did not have time for me. it stands out more than any song i have ever listened too. in fact, i am actually listening to it right now.

Sephychu

Moo.
    Years
    • :O
    • Seen Nov 2, 2008
    Hmmm... Either it's Reason by Hoobastank, Linkin Park- Shadow of the Day, or Apologize- Timberland. :3 Depressing songs... but it's not why I like these songs. :3 For me, it shows how much of a relationship I have with people around me and to my boyfriend. :3

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    My special song is Breathless -Shanye Ward. This song is special to me because it best suits what I think about my girlfriend.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    I associate songs with people and events, and it's that that makes them special, I feel. I'm finding Forty Foot Echo's Brand New Day particularly moving at the moment.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Hmm.

There's quite a few for me.

Close Yet Far - Cky

To me, the song is about someone who was rejected by a certain group or something they belonged to, and now they're alone and "still ridiculed despite how hard he/she has tried." Fits me, in a way.

Imperfection - Skillet

For all the imperfect things I do (which is quite a lot).

When I Die - New Found Glory

Reminds me of my mother. "When I die, I'll be fine."

Two Beds and a Coffee Machine - Savage Garden

About moving on and moving forward, despite obstacles in your way.

I'm Taking You With Me - Relient K

To everyone who matters.

That is all. :D

Back