• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Got Jerks?

Years
    how many ppl get crap for still being fans of pokemon? i mean, what did pokemon do to those others that made them act like such a-holes to us? we all know that deep down theyre just jealous of our mastery, of course, but what do you think they act like that for?

billios

Water Pokémon Master
    Years
    well i would probably get a lot of crap for it but the only people who know also play.

anyways they probably do because they want to hide the fact that they did when they were little and they would get crap too

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Yeah. My friends think that the games are childish. I pay them no heed though.

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
    Years
    It's been cool to hate Pokémon for a while, so people who hate it are people who've barely played it since the first games.

Thankfully it's not as bad as it was around Gen 3, people are starting to get back into it and appreciate the new games more. Once people grow out of hating something that's cool to hate, they'll be able to enjoy it for being good again.

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    What. I thought everyone loved Pokemon. Where I live, if you walk around downtown with your DS and yell "POKEMON BATTLE", twenty people with Pokemon HG/SS will run over to you and challenge you to a battle. Hell, kids in my school play Pokemon under their desks during class. Honestly, I don't know a single person who owns a DS and doesn't have Pokemon. Hating new gens on the other hand is a different story. I know just as many people who used to be hardcore Pokemon fanatics back in the first 2 generations of Pokemon, but dislike the newer generations and their fans. Though it's understandable with the older audience. Pretty much all of my friends have at least played the old GB and GBC versions. In fact, I dug up my old GBC and my friends and a couple of friends and I are trying to catch all 251, since combined we own 1 or 2 copies of each of the versions. :s Sure people look at me funny when I play my Pokemon on the train, considering my age, but surely most people under a certain age have been fans at some point.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    They hate us because they got Pokemon Yellow and got pissed off when they were demolished by Brock.

I mean, the only real Pokemon in Yellow, that could beat Brock, that you could get that early, are Butterfree and Mankey (I think Mankey was in this). How were they supposed to know that?

Unrelated: I remember back in the time of Red/Blue when my mom was the only one in my family who could beat Brock with Charmander.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I beat Brock with a combination of Pidgeotto and Butterfree. I think the developers were trying to make you copy Ash's team. I did that and floated by! Haha!

Vindel

Team Rocket's Worst Nightmare
    Years
    What. I thought everyone loved Pokemon. Where I live, if you walk around downtown with your DS and yell "POKEMON BATTLE", twenty people with Pokemon HG/SS will run over to you and challenge you to a battle. Hell, kids in my school play Pokemon under their desks during class. Honestly, I don't know a single person who owns a DS and doesn't have Pokemon. Hating new gens on the other hand is a different story. I know just as many people who used to be hardcore Pokemon fanatics back in the first 2 generations of Pokemon, but dislike the newer generations and their fans. Though it's understandable with the older audience. Pretty much all of my friends have at least played the old GB and GBC versions. In fact, I dug up my old GBC and my friends and a couple of friends and I are trying to catch all 251, since combined we own 1 or 2 copies of each of the versions. :s Sure people look at me funny when I play my Pokemon on the train, considering my age, but surely most people under a certain age have been fans at some point.

Dude, I want to live where you live.

@ OP :
    Most people see Pokémon as a kid's show/game nowdays. They don't know much about it, and just go by what they're mom told them. In my town, if you don't own a truck, listen to rap/country, or go to the gym, you don't fit in at all. It sucks. Forget what other people think. Have fun, live your life like you want without getting in too much trouble. :P

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2010
    Who cares what other people think about Pokemon, it what inside your heart you think is right.
    Run out on the street and shout out "I LOVE POKEMON!" done over finish :)

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years

Wow.. I'd love to live in an area like that.

Over here it's just: HATE HATE HATE HATE

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    He's obviously lying. You don't go to Heaven until after you die.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    how many ppl get crap for still being fans of pokemon? i mean, what did pokemon do to those others that made them act like such a-holes to us? we all know that deep down theyre just jealous of our mastery, of course, but what do you think they act like that for?

How many Pokemon fans still whine and complain about this? I mean, why are you giving them what they want? We all know that deep down they are just trying to get a reaction from us, obviously, but why do fans still bring attention to them selves?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    They hate it because of PIKACHU. PIKACHU. If it wasn't a cutesy yellow RAT, but a great big fire-breathing DRAGON, it would be so much cooler.

that and Whitney. >_>

Reflux

Reflux
    Years
    This guy called me gay for playing it at school...then he proceded to make sexual remarks to my male teacher >_>, People get mad and confused when they see people enjoying something that they cant.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I'm not sure. I'm only going to be "coming out of the closet" with my two besties tomorrow (when they walk into my room and see that I've recently decorated my room with poke figurines, and I have a brand new copy of heart gold.) But I don't think people would really care. They'll think I'm weird for a minute, I'll say a stupid/ gross joke, everyone will laugh and forget about it.

Some people just don't like seeing other people happy and confident in themselves.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    Dude, I want to live where you live.
    In my town, if you don't own a truck, listen to rap/country, or go to the gym, you don't fit in at all. It sucks. Forget what other people think. Have fun, live your life like you want without getting in too much trouble. :P
    i laughed so hard when i read this post. dude i wana go to ur town and get a truck.
    where i live, most guys have played pokemon when they were in primary school and stopped playing it when gen 3 came out.
    one time in maths class, some jocks were talking about pokemon.
    "dude if pokemon actually existed in real life we'll be ****ed. they can destroy anything."
    "nah pokemon are so stupid. they just get caught if u have a master ball."
    "but u can only have one master ball."
    "YOU USE CHEATS ****"
    "CHEATS DON'T ****ING EXIST IN REAL LIFE ****HEAD!!!!"
    i couldnt stop laughing 4 the whole day

That girl!

Oopsie, my fault.
    Years
    Never mind them! As long as we love pokemon we can enjoy ourselves and that's that. Those a-holes can't just find anything better to do but give us crap. Forget them, just keep on going with the pokemon spirit. Just don't get to hooked up, now that's a different story. There's nothing with pokemon, I have to admit, it may be childish but it's not the end of the planet if I still adore it.

Kaminari

Future Pokemon Master ✗✗
    Years
    :( Yeah sometimes.
    I also like some cartoons because I find them cute and amusing. Like Flapjack. Then I watch anime and read manga too.
    My mom seems to dislike all cartoons but she only watches crappy romance movies all the time. D8 Its okay, but her selection of everything is so narrow! Whereas I like a variety, including "childish" games. Plus she just plain annoys me. So I pay her opinion no mind whether she thinks I'm dorky or what. <<
    Other than her I've got friends who play it and the people who would think I was weird or childish for playing it just don't know. I don't need to listen to their crap or have their opinions come to mind whenever I do something I like. I go to an all girls high school so the majority never picks up a video game. My Spanish class didn't know what the hell a DSi was. D8< I was like "Really now...?!?"
    Psh. Let people say what they want. They don't realize how many people who aren't and/or won't be nerds living in their mom's basement, play these games.
    DD: They don't know what they're missing.

i laughed so hard when i read this post. dude i wana go to ur town and get a truck.
    where i live, most guys have played pokemon when they were in primary school and stopped playing it when gen 3 came out.
    one time in maths class, some jocks were talking about pokemon.
    "dude if pokemon actually existed in real life we'll be ****ed. they can destroy anything."
    "nah pokemon are so stupid. they just get caught if u have a master ball."
    "but u can only have one master ball."
    "YOU USE CHEATS ****"
    "CHEATS DON'T ****ING EXIST IN REAL LIFE ****HEAD!!!!"
    i couldnt stop laughing 4 the whole day
    You don't know how hard I just laughed at that. xDD

Last edited:
    Back