• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gotta Catch 'em All!

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
Years
  • Hey guys!

I was thinking about the motto of pokemon, Gotta Catch 'em All!, and I was wondering, has anyone actually caught every single pokemon and has a completed Pokedex? I mean, seriously, I have never heard of someone who has done it without hacking or cheating devices (except with ones that are needed, like Celebi and Mew). So has anyone ever legally completed this feat, or even tried? DISCUSS!!! :)

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
  • I have, I go to all the Pokemon events and such, so I got all the legends legit, but I'm like that with all my games...If I don't 100% it I feel bad. The only thing I hate is that you never get anything for 100% a Pokedex. *sad face*

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I haven't even attempted pokedex completion since my old GenI games...even then, the most I ever got was 149...short by one bloody Venomoth. >:O

In newer games, it's just too much of a hassle, especially since I'm just gonna use six to beat the game, and another 20 or so to compete in the frontier or go on wifi, so what's the point of even completing the pokedex? XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I completed it on Platinum, but I did a lot of GTS abuse, which means I can't say for sure that all of them were legal. I know I didn't hack on my end, but... on the GTS you don't know if the guy on the other end did hack.

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
  • The closest I ever got was 210 on my Silver version. But after the battery imploded, I pretty much gave up trying to catch them all.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • In my Yellow, I had 145. I couldn't tell you what the missing ones were, but I had nearly the whole thing!

Never tried it since, though. ~♪

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
  • Ahah, i mean without Wifi or hacking or anything like that. I mean legally going around, searching and capturing every one :D It sounds impossible!

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
  • I am trying to get 493 Pokemon WITHOUT Trading except amongst my own games.
    Im doing great, im on 206, and only 3 ungettable, that's Mew, Celebi, and Arceus.
    Im SURE there will be a Celebi event in USA, and maybe Mew. So that just leaves Arceus.
    Oh yeah and i had all 150 on red once (**** Mew)

PokéSprites

PokéSprites Krazy!
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jul 3, 2010
    yes i have on Emerald and Diamond for some odd reason i struggled on the others..=( but i play it every day for ages and explore every single piece of land =D

GliscorFan08

Champion Of Kanto
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 26, 2019
    well i only completed my yellow
    my emerald i only need a deoxys and jirachi so 384
    my firered the same 384
    my Diamond only have 408 (no wifi or hacking of course)
    and in my Sou silver i stil havent beat Red so.. (cuz i only start cto complete my pokedex when i complete a game)

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    I did complete Yellow, Mew and all, but that was through the use of glitching *shamedly shuffles away*

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I don't bother catching them all,i'd rather train them.

The closet ive got to is about 160 in platimun.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • To be honest, I haven't even finished SS where I plan to complete the Pokedex, but I probably won't because White and Black are coming out soon.

PokéToast

Want Some Toast?
    Years
  • I have all 151 and all 251 legit Pokémon on my Yellow and Crystal. In my Emerald version, I had to do some hacking to get Deoxys because I missed each event they held.

I'm not even going to try in Platinum, too much work to get 493. If anyone gets them all in Black and White... that would be insane. Who knows how many we'll have by then.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • Completed Emerald's PokeDex, between trading with friends and obtaining events.

Was quite the ordeal.
    I'm continuing to try catch every single mon in HG/SS.
    I've got about 194 so far.

Back