• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gotta do my dailies...

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
Years
  • If you're playing anything over a longer period of time (or just some genres of games entirely) you're surely very familiar with daily tasks in games. What do your dailies (or weeklies) look like? Do you have any sort of routine to them? Are you doing them to get some kind of currency or a reward you're saving up for? Do you even enjoy doing dailies at all?

I started playing Love Live School Idol Festival 2 and been doing the daily goals on that before I go to bed, it's just "play x song, play y song" but I'm trying to save up gacha currency in order to do some big pulls for fun later on.
    In Final Fantasy XIV I'll log on and tend to my garden (since I just started gardening) and maybe I'll do an Expert dungeon if I really want the currency from that. I used to do the beast tribe quests and the island sanctuary every day until I maxed out all the ranks for both of those too. Every week I'll log in to do custom deliveries because I want all the achievements for them and I'll get my Wondrous Tails journal and just fill that out for more gil.

And honestly I've been playing Wordle and Pokedoku every day and that's the real reason I wanted to make this thread...

BWZ

Days
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    My only interaction with dailies in video games are MMOs and I don't like them that much. Always felt they were "login rewards" with a few extra steps, I would basically do them for like a week before getting bored out. Kind of a lazy mechanic if you ask me

On the other hand, I love playing Wordle type games ^^ . It has been a while since I played them but I always enjoyed doing them while taking my breakfast before going to work. My favourites are Duotrigordle (Wordle but with 32 words to guess at the same time, very fun and not as hard as it sounds) and Cémantix (french only, you need to guess the word by getting as close as possible in a contextual way)

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
  • I've never really played any games that give daily rewards aside from Animal Crossing. Even in that, I hated those mechanics. I'd much rather play when I want to rather than when some developer thinks I should want to, so I get really irritated by these sorts of login rewards.

For my own schedule, I do play games most days, just not the same games. I tend to switch between 2-5 games in different genres, and play whatever interests me at the time. (e.g. right now I'm playing Pokemon Diamond, an RPG, Doom 2, an FPS game, and Rebel Galaxy, a space sim, and I rotate between them extremely frequently.)

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Is free of daily quests at the moment. Speaks about things in the past instead.
    • World of Warcraft: Completed solo dailies. Rewarded reputation, which yielded good equipment without dealing with (many) people.
    • Free-to-play gacha games: Aims for the summoning currency. Fills out teams first. Stockpiles after that for someone interesting.

Views dailies as a mixed bag. Does not mind them with enough variety or very quick/low-effort ones. Grew to hate all the different weeklies in Fire Emblem Heroes: Arena, Arena Assault, Rival Domains, Aether Raids, and something else. Limited the number of attempts on some. Became stressful and decidedly not fun. Stopped playing, rather than cut the worst offenders.

Years
    • Seen today
    I hit the daily chest in Bloons Tower Defense 6 over 250+ times in a row. Only to finally realize it didn't have to be clicked in succession. I checked the app for nearly a year because I thought the count would start back at 0.

Years
  • I don't think I've played any games yet that have this, other than Animal Crossing New Horizon, but I've yet to actually play that for real (did the original tutorial setup and then ditched it for other games =P).

Unless checking the daily raid dens in SV or SwSh counts in which case I don't really do that anymore. Briefly did it for some items, but raiding gets boring too fast to me.

Years
  • These days, I do dailies in Genshin/Star Rail when I play but I'm okay with not actually doing them daily. I mostly ignore daily stuff in FFXIV in favour of just doing the plot.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I used to do daily tasks religiously in Animal Crossing New Horizons, but now that my island is more or less done, I only start up the game once a week or so to keep the cockroaches from appearing and so I don't get overwhelmed by Happy Home Academy spam in my mailbox.

Years
  • Right now, I'm only checking up dailies in Bloons TD6. I have a feeling that I'll soon stop doing that, because I'm really only playing the game to do dailies. Which means the game doesn't really have much to offer to me anymore. Something similar happened with other games. I remember playing Duel Links for a long time, but once I only started doing dailies, it wasn't long until I stopped paying altogether.

Back