• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GPSP Tutorial

Was this tutorial Useful?

• Yes

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
Years
  • Please Read the whole guide before asking questions
    Thank you!
    Also:
    GPSP Tutorial

Guide to use GPSP

(I am not allowed to post GPSP, Roms, or CFW links)

Step 1: Download GPSP

First, download GPSP. Then place the Gpsp and the %GPSP in the GAME folder1.50fw;CFW Slims or the GAME150 folder CFW Phats

Step 2: Roms, saves, and savestates.
    Put all Roms, gamesaves, and savestates in the Gpsp folder.(Not %GPSP)
    You may also put .cht files(Gameshark and AR codes specifiaclly for GPSP) in that folder, but most of the cheats don't work, and none have them have worked for my Pokemon Games, so I see no point of adding how to make .cht files.

Step 3: Running GPSP
    After completing the above goto The game folder and ru
    n GPSP.
    DEFAULT CONTROLS
    Triange: GPSP menu
    Circle: A button on GBA
    Square: Start on GPSP, on GPSP kai, framerate.
    X button: B button on GBA
    Start: Start on GBA
    Select: Select on GBA
    L: L on gba
    R: R on gba
    FAQDont ask Questions listed in the FAQ
    What's GPSP ?
    Gpsp is a GBA emulator for the PSP.

Where do I get GPSP ?
    Googe GPSP v.09

How come GPSP won't work on my PSP ?
    For GPSP to work on your PSP you need the following:
    Official Firmware 1.50, or Custom Firmware.
    GPSP in the Game Folder(1.50fw) GAME150 folder(CFW)
    1.50 kernel(Can be found on dark-alex's website.)

THIS DOES NOT WORK ON OFFICIAL FIRMWARE.

Why don't GBC games work on GPSP ?
    GPSP is a gba emulator, not a gbc emulator.

Where do I put roms/saves/savestates?

GPSP v.09:
    In the GPSP folder
    Unofficail GPSP
    In the GBA folder, there are the following folders:
    ROM
    SS(Screenshots)
    SAV
    CHT
    CFG
    Links:

Google

I will ask permission from the authors of GPSP if I could post the content in the future.
    Untill then, Google them.
    I requested my Previous guide to be locked, but this one will stay.

If you have any further questions, post/pm me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2009
    :(

IM CONFUSED I DONT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING
    EDIT: NVM...!! I Understand IT Now..

Years
  • I'm happy to see my tutorial is helping some people.
    Should I add a tutorial about GBC/GB emulation on the PSP to this thread?

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    You know the "circuit board is not installed" issue for the Pokemon games? How do you fix that in gpsp? I've already googled it, but can't find a clear answer...

Years
  • You know the "circuit board is not installed" issue for the Pokemon games? How do you fix that in gpsp? I've already googled it, but can't find a clear answer...

Create a sav file in VBA and use it in the SAV folder, or change the sav settings to flash128k in GPSP manually.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    Create a sav file in VBA and use it in the SAV folder, or change the sav settings to flash128k in GPSP manually.

Hmm, that must be a new feature, because my GPSP doesn't appear to have that option. I suppose that's only available in GPSP 0.9? I don't know what my version is, but it's been quite a while.

I have the phat PSP with CFW 3.40 OE-A. Will GPSP 0.9 work on that? To be frank, I'm afraid of trying to update my firmware out of fear of "bricking" my system.

Years
  • Hmm, that must be a new feature, because my GPSP doesn't appear to have that option. I suppose that's only available in GPSP 0.9? I don't know what my version is, but it's been quite a while.

I have the phat PSP with CFW 3.40 OE-A. Will GPSP 0.9 work on that? To be frank, I'm afraid of trying to update my firmware out of fear of "bricking" my system.

If you have the 150 kernel it will.

Only downgrading your firmware will brick your system.
    Updating is harmless.
    There is already a 5.00 m33 out.
    Update to 3.52 m33-3, then 5.00 m33(You need the 3.52 m33 first.)
    It has many new features, newest is Playstation store.

My phat is at 4.01 m33-2, never bricked from updating.
    My slim is 5.00 m33, never bricked from updating.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    Okay...is it possible to have both versions of GPSP on the PSP? I'm looking at GPSP 0.9's compatibility list, and it says the Fire Emblem games only give you a white screen. Whereas the games work perfectly on the GPSP I have now. So I wouldn't want to trade Fire Emblem compatibility for Pokemon compatibility...

Years
  • Okay...is it possible to have both versions of GPSP on the PSP? I'm looking at GPSP 0.9's compatibility list, and it says the Fire Emblem games only give you a white screen. Whereas the games work perfectly on the GPSP I have now. So I wouldn't want to trade Fire Emblem compatibility for Pokemon compatibility...
    You can have both, just change the first folder's names.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    Okay, thanks a lot, it worked. And imagine my delight that Fire Emblem also worked in GPSP 0.9!

torferno lvl-X

learning asm
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2012
    I Love GPSP as well. I already knew how to use it but this will be helpfull to people who have never heard of. Maybe you could update the tut by adding a Rin_GBC/GB tutorial aswel? I also find it sad that the author quit the project due to to many "unofficial" releases.:(

Years
  • I Love GPSP as well. I already knew how to use it but this will be helpfull to people who have never heard of. Maybe you could update the tut by adding a Rin_GBC/GB tutorial aswel? I also find it sad that the author quit the project due to to many "unofficial" releases.:(

The GBC/GB emulator is something I am planning to add to this.
    The only problem is, I use Masterboy.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2024
    Only downgrading your firmware will brick your system.
    Updating is harmless.
    Incorrect.

Human error and not reading the instructions are the things that brick PSPs. You never need to fear bricking from updating or downgrading firmwares if you follow the instructions.

Years
  • Incorrect.

Human error and not reading the instructions are the things that brick PSPs. You never need to fear bricking from updating or downgrading firmwares if you follow the instructions.

Pandora is the only way to be 100% sure of not bricking...

Back