• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gracies Scratch Made Fakemon Sprites and Pixels

Opalescent

Ninja Mapper
Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    All of these are scratch done, apart from the trainer, for which I based of a real sprite since I was having trouble.
    The DA these were on is:
    nahhnbah.deviantart.com

I have since moved to
    graciedrakey.deviantart.com

Quarvatine_Sprite_by_nahhnbah.jpg

Skarakeet_and_Skarmory_by_nahhnbah.jpg

Cephune_Sprite_by_nahhnbah.gif

Tophattle_Sprite_by_nahhnbah.jpg

Miikus_and_Ironis_by_nahhnbah.png

Ground_Leader_Rochelle_by_nahhnbah.jpg

Mantice_Sprite_by_nahhnbah.jpg

More Recent:
    one_rainy_night_by_graciedrakey-d3a500e.png

f5ea4c265f4f0912169969e0622f331f-d3a80zs.png

So, what do you all think?

I'll update this as an when I get more to add :)

ShadowMrk

Intangible
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2018
    Wow, these are really good! If I had to critique anything then it would probably be the lion's mane, it just feels blank to me. You definetly know your way around the 16-bit palette.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    I really like them! And the Skarmory Evolution is so cool!

Years
  • Not bad at all! You're clearly pretty good at this. My advice? Work on your color choice and contrast; it's hard to see the shading in sprites such as these:
    Miikus_and_Ironis_by_nahhnbah.png
    Mantice_Sprite_by_nahhnbah.jpg

Also, make sure to have some black (or near-black) in the outlines; it makes the sprites pop out more. And make sure to keep the faces expressive! That's probably the most important part of a sprite. Keep working!

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • When I am really in a bind while doing some scratches, I look to the positioning of official pokemon sprites as a guide. Ex. Maybe check out the face for luxio, persian, or any other forward facing feline pokemon, that will help with the the structure. Hope this helps!

Back