• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graeat idea

Ringtown'sBest

Ringtown's Savior
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2009
    Hello everybody i think this is a great if the website is not already using why not we have a yearly called the poke awards or something and choose out of everbody on the site the best nominees and then out of them the winner

Uten

can you feel me now?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 30, 2009
    We already have Member of the Month, which is just like this, but monthly, and not yearly.
    I don't believe we need two of the same thing, even if they're two different spans of time.

Ringtown'sBest

Ringtown's Savior
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2009
    oh well nobody probabaly would like the idea anyway (they never do) thx though

Years
  • First of all, learn how to spell Great.
    Secondly, as mentioned, we already have Member of the Month. That is what I am guessing you are talking about right? Or is it some type of Pokemon Wifi tournament. If so, you should pitch the idea to the mods of the S&M forum.

Years
  • People getting annoyed: give him a break. :| He's new, and was trying to make a suggestion. What a great picture of the forum you're giving a relatively new member by getting uptight about a typo, of all things.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Holy crap, there are a lot of people in just this one little suggestion thread that really have sticks shoved deep up their behind. Why don't you guys turn the computer off for a bit and take a walk, because I don't think there's really a need to respond so rudely to someone suggesting something, do you?

Anyway, to answer your question without saying it in a way "lmao, ur stuupid we already have dat!!" I'll try to explain why, even though we have something like this already, this probably isn't likely to happen. I'll give you a suggestion to maybe make this happen, though.

I'm assuming your suggestion is more directed to the community. Although it was said, we have Member of the Month already. Now, that's not reason to shoot this idea down. We have Hack of the Month, too, but for some reason we have Hack of the Year as well. But with the logic in this thread, if we have one for every month, why should we have one for the year? -- :| I don't get that logic, so I'm going to shoot down that respond as an "lolable" response.

Now, I believe this suggestion was suggested in the past. You see, in order for a suggestion such as this to go through (and this is the reason why you most likely aren't going to see this happen), you have to have it agreed upon by the higher staff in a majority vote and most of the staff don't participate in the Member of the Month votes for one reason alone: Its a popularity contest. Chances are, unless you're extremely well known to the frequenters of Other Chat, you aren't going to be voted for a thing. Sad, but true. Then again, if you're not known, how is someone supposed to vote for you? In more times than none, people win because their friends vote for them. The more friends you have, the better your chances are of getting voted for. Just like a student council election in middle school (and even high school) runs. If you're running against the most popular person in the school, even though you have good ideas (better than your opponent), you aren't going to win seeing as how he or she has the student body hooked around their finger.

If you're suggesting that we have something for each section, now, that's a different story and completely up to the moderator of that section. Most sections, like Other Entertainment (my forum) and Other Chat and things like that can only offer a type of "Thread of the Year" possibility, since you really can't do anything there apart from discuss things. But, a forum such as the Art Gallery forum, now that might be able to get something. "Designer of the year" or something to that nature might do nicely.

If higher staff agree to it, maybe there's a chance this could happen if we focus it on individual sections. Not about personality, not about popularity, but about talent.

@Naoi: What do emblems have to do with anything? They're awards in the sense that they're given to a winner. A staff member could give anyone any emblem for no reason at all. Just because you have it doesn't mean you deserve it exactly.

Anyway, if a higher staff member (which they're bound to) comes across this thread, maybe they'll take the time to read my reply and get their gears grinding with ideas and bring it up in the Headquarters. I'm sure they won't mind revisiting this suggestion with the right ideas behind it. ^_^

Sorry your first suggestion at PC was shot down by some members. I apologize to you on their behalf. Please don't let this affect you coming and suggesting another suggestion. Most suggestions get shot like this, though, so don't feel like they singled you out or anything. Even though some of them didn't do it very respectfully and all that, I'm sure they didn't mean to be so rude to you. Some of them do need a bit of growing up, though, if (as Apophenia said) they're jumping down your throat for a stupid reason. :(

Thanks,
    Nick

PS: If you're afraid of posting a suggestion in the future, send me a PM and I'll bring it up in the staff forums where rude members won't be able to give their views on it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    @Naoi: What do emblems have to do with anything? They're awards in the sense that they're given to a winner. A staff member could give anyone any emblem for no reason at all. Just because you have it doesn't mean you deserve it exactly.
    Well, it's just the way I read it, I kind of thought he was talking about emblems. I wasn't really understanding what he was saying. :(

Back