• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grammar type?

Grammar type?

• Total voters

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    What exactly are you asking? Do you want to know I type in regular English or if I use l33t speak? Please clarify.

Years
    Sorry forgot the poll.

Mod note: Avoid bypassing the character limit in this area, please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Candace

Beauty Trainer
    Years
    I'm very proper when it comes to spelling. Allthough, since i'm from Sweden (and Swedish is my native tongue), I sometimes slip up on the grammar, like using "was" and "were" when it's supposed to be used. Simple mistakes, you know

I'm fairly confident in my spelling and typing, and at times people have said that i probably lie about being from Sweden (but why would anyone lie about that? It's like being proud that you have split ends) - I take it like a compliment =D

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Proper~Hey Mark.What's up?
    A space does come after full stop (or period) you know.

I can't choose either option in the poll because they're both wrong. I always type to my best ability but I sometimes fail to notice mistakes until a few days after.

Years
    I don't mind other people lazily typing to me, it's nothing that bothered me in the past. But if there's one thing I take pride in the most, it's making sure my grammar etiquette is substantial.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I make sure to type in proper grammar, but I tend to forget what punctuation I should use.
    The places where I don't type in proper grammar are those places where they are not necessary, like MSN (Rarely use it) and the likes.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I'll use proper grammar, but it doesn't annoy me if others don't unless they go like: glad 2 c u 2

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    I write the Rellyms way, 'cause most of the time it's like this or lyke thiz, but not lyke iz aint gotz no ejucachion.

Candace

Beauty Trainer
    Years
    I have to ask, though (all you English speakers)... when people say "Use correct grammar!" do they mean the ACTUAL grammar or just the spelling? It always confuses me. Because people seem to refer to grammar as "lulz I lyke wat u did thar" and not the spelling... because the grammar seems correct to me

Years
    I have to ask, though (all you English speakers)... when people say "Use correct grammar!" do they mean the ACTUAL grammar or just the spelling? It always confuses me. Because people seem to refer to grammar as "lulz I lyke wat u did thar" and not the spelling... because the grammar seems correct to me

You're probably right. When a lot of people say 'grammar' they probably mean 'syntax' or, as you've said, spelling and grammar.

I feel ashamed to be a native English speaker when people who speak English as a second language are far more grammatically correct and have better spelling than native speakers. ._.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Although my grammar is not perfect, at least I put some effort into it. As for my spelling, again, it's not perfect. I do have a bit of trouble spelling long or complex words.

I do agree with Candace's statement where people get spelling and grammar mixed up. Although, I wouldn't consider lulz a word.

Years
    A space does come after full stop (or period) you know.

I can't choose either option in the poll because they're both wrong. I always type to my best ability but I sometimes fail to notice mistakes until a few days after.

This.

But I chose the 'Proper' option because I understood what you were trying to say. I do, however, use improper grammar from time to time. I'm usually aware of this though, and I only do it if I'm too lazy to type properly, I'm trying to be funny, or I think it looks better. For example, I usually use an apostrophe to quote something rather than quotation marks. It just looks neater, in my opinion.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I've been sticking to proper since fourth grade my writing skills or proficient.

Back