• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Grand Theft Auto V

Years
  • Grand Theft Auto V

GTA V has finally been announced

TRAILER NOW LIVE!
    https://www.rockstargames.com/videos/video/8001

Yes, out favourite cop killing, people beating, car stealing game is back.
    Rockstar finally announced that they are developing GTA V, but they didn't give much away.

Where do you think it will be set this time? Anything you really want to see since the last one? What are your opinions on it?

Last edited:

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    I can't wait to see what they do with this game, hopefully it turns out as fun as all of the other games :P

I did hear rumours however that the whole of San Andreas is going to be back in the game, and I think something about alternating characters.

Years
  • Already? I haven't even played IV yet more than half an hour ... then again, that was probably 2 years ago.
    If my laptop breaks and I have to get a new one that can actually run that game, I might get it, otherwise probably not. GTA is fun, but the system requirements of anything after SanAndreas are just disgusting.

As for the location, I think it's about time to stop using the same ones again and again, I'd like to see a new one.

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • well gtaiv did come out 3 years ago, and just coz they announced it it doesn't mean its coming out anytime soon, rockstar usually spends alot of time on their games.
    i'm pretty excited for this though i haven't played enough of gtaiv, now i'm kinda more annoyed that i didn't get it for the pc during the sale on steam :(

Years
  • Already? I haven't even played IV yet more than half an hour ... then again, that was probably 2 years ago.
    If my laptop breaks and I have to get a new one that can actually run that game, I might get it, otherwise probably not. GTA is fun, but the system requirements of anything after SanAndreas are just disgusting.

As for the location, I think it's about time to stop using the same ones again and again, I'd like to see a new one.

It's not just that it has high hardware requirements, it's just a horrible, horrible console port. I've finished San Andreas probably 4 times, but haven't finished GTA IV yet. Maybe I just need to push myself or something, but I can't enjoy it anymore. My computer certainly has the grunt, so it's smooth enough...

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • Gta Iv was a great game, but havent played for about 1/2 a year. Really hoping it goes to San andreas, that was my favourite gta game ever. We should be able to customize our characters again.

Whats this about alternating characters? Maybe we have the choice of male or female. Wonder if any characters from San Andreas will show up, maybe an old CJ or Kendl.

When do you guys think will be the time period. The modern age or the past. I think it would be interesting to see San Andreas in the modern era.

Last edited:

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • Judging from the trailer it seems to be set in 2011/2012. People are speculating that the old man is tommy verceti but honestly I just don't think rockstar would do that. I'm hoping for a complete new character. But I dont want to play as an old man!

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
    Years
  • Judging from the trailer it seems to be set in 2011/2012. People are speculating that the old man is tommy verceti but honestly I just don't think rockstar would do that. I'm hoping for a complete new character. But I dont want to play as an old man!

It just might be him, I don't think he'll be a playable character though.
    Anyways, San Andreas is back baby woohooooo! If they add San Fierro and Las Venturas, GTA V might just become my favorite game of all time.

Years
  • There could be different parts of the story where you could interact with him or play as him, but I don't think it will be the central playable character.​

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • I'm hoping, what about the black character in the trailer. Could it be CJ or maybe someone new. Maybe he's the new playable character?

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
    Years
  • I'm hoping, what about the black character in the trailer. Could it be CJ or maybe someone new. Maybe he's the new playable character?

He looks a little too young to be CJ, since San Andreas took place in 92 and this is presumably modern times. But what if CJ had a son?

Years
  • I'm just hoping to god they totally revamp the engine for this one. GTA IV had horrible mechanics. They went overboard on the physics, so everything is like 'ragdolls in space'. The cars handle like they're on ice and even walking around is clunky. They probably didn't need the drunken effect in the first place. :D Shooting was very buggy and inaccurate. It felt like they had tacked on the mouse controls at the last minute, which really didn't work.

Honestly, as old as it was, the SA engine just rocked. They should take that and add higher-res texture support instead of the GTA IV engine.

I'm keen to see what they do with it. If it's more like SA than IV, I'll be happy. I wouldn't be surprised if the glimpses of old characters are just teasers. A sign that they're ditching what they did to the series and going back to San Andreas' style. Fluid and fun.

If so, I'm looking forward to open areas, decent vehicles, better combat and a non-broken story.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Played almost all of the versions of this game, some were kind of a disappointment, so hopefully this one isn't. :'x

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • At the start you can see a dog on the beach. Does anyone else think this means that animals will be in this GTA?

Back