• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphic Arts Programs?

Arcanemage

Arcanine at heart!
    Years
    What's the best graphic arts programs that you use to create your awesome Pokemon characters? I'm curious because right now I have a decent one on my laptop but I haven't had time to fix it. I use Photoscape at the mo' but if anyone has a better reccomendation out there for me please do tell and give me some information on it. I am thinking of designing my own Pokemon binder for my trading cards when I start back up.

Trent_Jayir

Who the hell do you think i am
    Years
    Easy Paint Tool Sai is relatively cheap and actually just a fantastic program.
    If you want a free one i think most people use GIMP but i've never had it so i can't say much for how good/bad it is.

good luck and i hope that helps!

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    I use to always use Paint Shop Pro, then I moved onto Photoshop because that's the one they always use at University and I thought it was probably important to get some practice with it. It's a bit expensive though, I got myself a student edition so it was okay.

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
    I use Photoshop, but if you don't got a lot of cash use Picasa. It's free, fun, and good. I also use Fireworks.

-Okami

Lunyka

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Personally I use MSPaint, Photoshop CS2, paint.NET(program name not website name), Gimp, and Graphics gale. All of them have their own pros and cons so experiment and see what ones you like better.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    I have GIMP which is fun for making banners/icons, and I have Photoshop elements, because it came with my tablet, so I'm not going to complain.

I have to admit, I pirated a copy of Photoshop CS4 but it didn't work because the serial key ran out or something, but I got to mess around with for a little bit, and it is by far the superior Photo-editing/graphic production program. If you have ~$800.

I reccomend GIMP to anyone who is looking to make banners/icons/graphics in general, unless you have $800 in spare change.

Years
    Ya, most people have already answered your question but everyone seems to be recommending GIMP as a free program. But another good one is Paint.Net. That's the one I use and it works great. I also find it easier to understand then GIMP, but that's just me.

bendrawslife

Drawing the day away.
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I've been using Corel Painter X for a lot of my artwork. It's got a lot of awesome brushes and simulates traditional media pretty reasonably.
    I've heard great things about Art Rage though. I'm probably going to get a copy once I can afford it.

LugiaFreak

Years
    Paint Tool SAI is an excellent program. If you take the time to learn how to use it, [which should really only take an hour or two, depending on how much you want to learn] you could create excellent works with it.

Good luck.

Flammie

Demon Wolf
    Years
    For spriting I use just MSPaint, which works very nicely.For my drawings I use PhotoShop Elements 6.0 which comes with the Bamboo Fun Wacom Tablet.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 27, 2010
    Pixels/Sprites = Paint or GIMP
    Traditional-esque = Corel Painter, or Photoshop with a tablet
    Vector Graphics = Photoshop or Illustrator
    3D Models = 3D Studio Max or Maya WITH photoshop

so you can see that overall... Photoshop wins XD

Back